1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Bike Racks

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Ryan, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    So, I've been playing through Pokémon Platinum. And I noticed something really weird...

The bike racks in front of the Pokémon Centers aren't just decorative. If you interact with them, it will prompt you and ask if you want to get off your bike. I've been playing Pokémon for nearly my whole life, and have never noticed this before. It's a cute feature, but I have to wonder why they put it in.

Have you noticed the bike racks in this game, or any others?

2. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    I only noticed them once I beat Platinum. My only guess at their existance was so that you wouldn't have to Register it to your Y button, but... eh.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    It was rather strange when I saw it...
    Thought I was seeing things at first.

A nice addition/if not for the eye candy/then the sheer convenience it brings.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I didn't know this was a thing at first, then one day I pressed A on it by accident and whaddaya know, it actually worked!

It's a nice detail and all but unnecessary since we use the bike by pressing Y anyway. Using the bike rack takes more time since you have to press A more than once, and not a lot of players are aware of this little feature.

Teddybear2345 likes this.
  5. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I've known about them since the first time I played Gen 4. I tried to interact with everything back in the day so that's why I've known and I use the feature all the time. It's pretty easy to miss, though.

6. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I noticed them in platinum. First i ignored it but afterwards i thought maybe there would be something interesting. I pressed A on it and i was riding on a bicycle. Its unnecessary feature but its okay to have it.

7. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I think it was a nice feature. I like how interactive the enviroment was. Perhaps they added it in because MAYBE someone in the world doesn't have their bike selected. Other than that it was probably more for a landscaping thing.

8. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I thought it was quite a funny feature and it made the Pokémon world a bit more realistic to me. I used it a couple of times in the past, but the Y button was so much easier to use, simply because there weren't always bike racks around.

9. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,687.0
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I didn't really see much a point in them but they were a nice detail. I never really used them except in the start after that I went back to use the Y button because it was just easier.

10. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    I've noticed it before. It's kinda neat, but at the same time it isn't really all that great unless you have something else registered as your Key item. Normally I just keep my bike on the Y button like anyone else would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.