1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Bing vs. Google

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pyramid King, Jul 11, 2013.

Tags:
?

Which do you use?

1. Google

19 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Bing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyramid King

Pyramid King Just checking on things

Egg
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.6
    Ok so I have been seening these Bing it on challenge so I tried it. Turns out Bing isn't so good after all. It doesn't have some things like Google has. So which do you use? Bing or Google.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    People actually use Bing? Wow.

I use Google for simple searches and this search engine called DuckDuckGo that doesn't track what you search for like Google does (Google does even on Chrome incognito mode and will target ads towards you and change the search results list based on the information it collects) for certain other things.

3. OmegaBlazeBoy441

OmegaBlazeBoy441 Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I use google mainly because its the main search engine on google chrome and even if i wanted to change it im too lazy xD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Fooze

Fooze Rival

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Google. I would never use Bing. Mainly due to a time I installed a program and then the Conduit malware was installed without my knowledge. Conduit made Bing my default web browser and was a huge hassle to revert it back to the Google search engine and remove the Conduit malware from the system. My dad had to even manage the directory files so that it was cleared off my computer for good. Long story short, Bing is not in my good books and I think Google is not only much better but more user friendly.

5. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Google. It came first, it's better, the results make sense.

Besides that, I actually use Google Chrome as my browser so I just type what I want to search in the address bar and it automatically takes me to Google.

6. Madaraki

Madaraki Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.0
    *Remembers when Google was a new thing and didn't have one of those newfangled "image searches"*

Yeah, goin' with the search engine that up a miniature Queen music video for Freddie Mercury's birthday.

7. Cobalt

Cobalt I'M A HURRICANE

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.6
    I use Google, and never really noticed the difference between it and Bing. It's just a personal preference.

8. Pixel2

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I use Bing when I don't want to find what I'm searching for.

9. Pyramid King

Egg
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.6
    We should send this to bing and see how they like it.

10. EmeraldGlee

EmeraldGlee DESPAIR FOR ME!

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    I never even heard of Bing before this. It's always been google for me, even before I used chrome as my main browser.

11. Pyramid King

Egg
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.6
    So the score is Google-9 and Bing-0. Anyone else want to embarass Bing?

12. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    It kind of does that just fine to itself, on its own.

Pyramid King likes this.
  13. Pyramid King

Egg
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.6
    You got that right, Bing was dumb enough to compete against Google.

14. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I don't have anything wrong with Bing, its just that I've used Google for a long time.

15. DarkLightKnight

DarkLightKnight Dragon Tamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.4
    I use Google and love it because of account syncing. I'd be lost without it xD

16. Pyramid King

Egg
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.6
    ikr it makes life easier

17. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    But, like Doima, I hate how it tracks you.

18. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    I've always used google, always will... its the better search engine, and a recent event kind of re-inforced that. At my school, apparently we're suddenly supposed to use bing instead of google. They never told us why, but said to do it. So I'm sitting at my computer, bored, so I search on bing "why bing sucks". It brings up the results, and the third one down has a blurred out skin-color image, captioned, "Some girl's name loves to suck this guy's cock"... something like that. I just start laughing inside, especially how its a Christian school telling me to do this.

19. Snivinerior

Snivinerior Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.1
    Google makes our life easier. Imagine if it didn't exist, we have to drag ourselves to the nearest national library to obtain the info we need. Plus, it's so easy to use.

20. Pyramid King

Egg
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.6
    So after a few weeks it looks like Google with 14 votes is still in the lead by 14 points and Bing 0 points. Poor Bing making the Bing it on challenge its embarrasses them soo much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.