1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Birthstones

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Momo Kiseki, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    So, this is random. But I got an email from my best friend which basically told us something interesting about our birthstones that basically went like this:

hey so guess what

my birthstone is ruby, yours is sapphire yes?
    ruby and sapphire (according to steven universe) is garnet, which symbolizes trust and long-lasting friendship

tee hee

My question is what's your birthstone? Does it say anything about you as a person? And have there been any birthstone coincidences among you and any of your friends?
    My birthstone being a sapphire is this: Traditionally a favourite stone of priests and kings, the sapphire symbolizes purity and wisdom. Wisdom...I dunno. Purity I wouldn't agree but if I don't one of my friends who uses this website will tell me otherwise.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Mine, I believe, is amethyst... and honestly, I don't believe it has any 'special' meaning. Such things are rather arbitrary in their application and could be given for any number of different stones - especially given how many gemstones there are in the world.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Momo Kiseki likes this.
  3. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Cuidachta
    (Corvisquire)
    Level 38
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,633.7
    Mine is a sapphire--supposedly, they symbolize loyalty, faith, and trust, and help maintain a clear mind.

ShinigamiMiroku and Momo Kiseki like this.
  4. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Sapphire peeps! Yes! Go for the sapphire!

WavePearl likes this.
  5. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    I am the shining green Emerald of may. The emerald stands for a time of rebirth and growth, which might actually be true for me, as my stories, as well as my greatest times of growth and learning, are in May, which is the month of this stone.

Momo Kiseki likes this.
  6. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Mine is opal. I mean, there's another gemstone option for October, but I've always liked the look of opal. I don't really know what the special significance of this, or any other birthstone, is, but it's pretty. And Opal from Steven Universe is also really pretty.

Momo Kiseki likes this.
  7. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I've seen many different contradictory lists of what birthstone corresponds to what month, so I've honestly stopped paying attention to the concept. I would much rather choose my own favorite stone based on my favorite color (in which I might lean toward garnet or perhaps tanzanite) or perhaps some traits that are recognized in some tradition of gemstones (perhaps fortitude or growth), though I don't even know where to begin with that.

And how exactly does ruby plus sapphire equal garnet? Not chemically, and not quite optically. I've heard so much good stuff about Steven Universe, I should really get around to watching it. Maybe I'll get back into this.

Momo Kiseki likes this.
  8. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Mine is a diamond, which means eternal love and good relationships. This is incredibly ironic, since I’m an aromatic asexual nihilist. Though the gem is pretty nice.

Momo Kiseki likes this.
  9. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    Mine is aquamarine! I've always been fond of aquamarine - I own a few small pieces, actually - so I'm pretty happy with having it as my birthstone. Apparently it "keeps you calm and peaceful, allowing you to remain indomitable and in control despite any provocation" - I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I have been described as "indomitable" twice in my life (for writing-related "secret santa" exercises in which you had to pick an interesting word to describe another person), which is a cool coincidence if nothing else.

Momo Kiseki likes this.
  10. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    My mom and dad's stones were Ruby and Sapphire too! Although they argued a lot they truly cared for each other and made life work despite the hell they went through.

I'm Amethyst! I have several bits of amethyst jewelry, and some loose stones as well. Apparently it helps creativity, calms anxiety, and promotes meaningful relationships. I also saw it helps with nightmares and insomnia.

Lol I have anxiety problems, nightmares, and insomnia.. I'm also creative and patient, something the stone represents.

Momo Kiseki likes this.
  11. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    I know right. I always wondered how Ruby + Sapphire = Garnet but hey it sounds cool so I guess it works. And yes, Steven Universe is awesome.

I kinda liked how my best friend mentioned that, to me It's a sign that we'll be friends for a very long time which is something I'd really enjoy.

12. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Mine is garnet (any January babies out there?) Oh and yes I do like Steven Universe. Garnet is my favorite, mostly because it’s my birthstone.

13. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I’m another amethyst. Can’t find anything about the meaning online, but it’s a pretty gem.

14. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Heya! I think I found the meaning.
    February birthstone, amethyst, is said to strengthen relationships and give its wearer courage. At one time, only royalty could wear the gem.
    And yes it is a pretty gem.

15. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Oh there's even a thing like birth stones?
    *looks up on google*
    Oh mine's emerald.

Momo Kiseki likes this.
  16. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Emeralds are beautiful gems. They represent wisdom, growth and patience. That's pretty neat. Also apparently Cleopatra really loved emeralds.

17. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Oh. Well I can call myself a bit wise. Bcoz I think before I take actions almost every time. And patience... um I doubt that a bit. I'm patient but not much.
    Cleopatra huh? I got a bit information about her on google.

Momo Kiseki likes this.