1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 5 Black and White 2 Medal Rally Monotype: Grass

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by RegionRunner150, Jun 18, 2018.

1. RegionRunner150

RegionRunner150 PKMN Breeder

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Hello everyone Region Runner here. For those of you who are unaware, Pokémon Black and White 2 features an in-game achievement system known as the Medal Rally, a particularly gruesome part of this challenge is beating the elite four using MONOTYPE TEAMS, so this will be a guide to defeating them. Basically I will be going over which Pokémon you can use to best increase your chances of victory. Here we go with our first guide: Grass

*DISCLAIMER: These teams were made using no-Egg moves, Version exclusives, legendaries or Pokémon from previous games, to make sure anyone had access to these Pokémon.*

Before we start this, I'd like to give a quick review of the elite 4 members (I'm assuming you've beaten the game by this point so I won't be going too in-depth)

Shuantal: Froslass, Golurk, Chandelure, Mismagius/Gengar , Drifblim, Cofagrigus

Marlon: Throh, Sawk, Medicham/Machamp, Lucario, Mienshao, Conkeldurr

Grimsley: Liepard/Tyranitar, Krookodile, Bisharp, Honchkrow, Scrafty, Houndoom

Caitlin: Musharna, Sigilyph/Alakazam,Gallade, Reuniclus,Gothitelle, Metagross

Iris: Hydreigon, Lapras, Druddigon/Salamence, Aggron, Archeops, Lapras, Haxorus.

First Pokémon: Cradily
    Moves: Ancient Power (Learned at Level 43)
    Rock Polish (Learned as a TM
    )
    Rock Slide (Learned as a TM)

Energy Ball (Learned at Level 56/TM)

Cradily is going to be your main counter against the Fire, Ice and Flying types that plague the Unovan Elite 4. With Moves like Ancient Power and Rock Slide Cradily can quickly use its STAB power to break through them. I would only say watch out for the Ice Type because Cradily is still weak to it. He is probably going to be the most difficult to obtain however, as he comes from a RNG Fossil gift every day by a miner in Twist Mountain post-game.

Second Pokémon: Tropius
    Moves:
    Dragon Pulse (Move Tutor)
    Leaf Tornado (Learned at Level 47)
    Synthesis (Larned as a TM)
    Air Slash (Learned at Level 51)

Tropius is going to have 2 main uses on your team, Tanking through Iris' and Marlon's heavy hitters. Spamming Dragon Pulse will allow you to deal with the likes of Iris' Hydreigon and Druddigon, while Air Slash pretty much counters all but one of Marlon's team members. You can find Tropius on Route 18 in this game and I would highly recommend some slight EV training (if you have the patience) to make he's able to dish out the necessary damage, if not just level him up a bit more and you'll be good to go!

Third Pokémon: Ferrothorn
    Moves: Power Whip (Learned at Level 40)

Iron Head (Learned at Level 46)
    Stealth Rock (Learned through Move Tutor)
    Rollout (Learned at Level 6)

Ferrothorn is here to not be the Unova representative, but also to be your primary tank Pokémon. Rollout is there for when you need that extra level of power to take down your foes, with his Steel Typing giving the resistance necessary to take down the tougher enemies you may face. Found in Chargestone Cave, Ferrothorn can also use Power Whip and Iron Head for some nice STAB damage.

Fourth Pokémon: Leavanny
    Moves: Leaf Blade (Learned at Level 36)
    X-Scissor (Learned at Level 39)
    Swords Dance (Learned at Level 46)
    Shadow Claw (Learned as a TM)

Leavanny is only here for 2 reasons: Grimsley and Caitlin. The Bug-Type counters those two and Leavanny is the only Grass & Bug Type in the game. Beef her up with Swords Dance before laying in with X-Scissor to take care of nearly all of Grimsley's Pokémon, using Shadow Claw to deal with Mons like Caitlin's Gallade. You can find Leavanny as a Swadloon on Route 20, one of the first Routes in the game, which means you'll have a lot of work to do levelling up.

Fifth Pokémon: Leafeon
    Moves: Solarbeam (Learned as a TM)
    Synthesis (Learned at Level 33)
    Leaf Blade (Learned at Level 45)
    Sunny Day (Learned at Level 37)

Ok I'm not gonna beat around the bush with this one, Leafeon is here for Sunny Day. This along with Solar Beam will deal major STAB damage to opponents who you might not want to risk any damage from one of your ace in the hole Pokémon. Both 5 & 6 due exist mostly to fill up slots and deal some damage towards your neutral opponents giving your main 4 less opponents to deal with. Leafeon evolves from Eevee (which is given to you by Amanita in Castelia City, so if you wanna use other Eeveelutions your gonna have to breed) then simply level them up in the Pinwheel Forest near the Moss Rock (its pretty hard to miss) and viola! Grass-Type.

Sixth Pokémon:Roserade
    Moves: Giga Drain (Learned at Level 25)
    Leech Seed ( Learned at level 16)

Toxic Spikes ( Learned at Level 28)
    Sludge Bomb (Learned as a TM)

Roserade is, like Leafeon, a Pokémon designed to deal damage and help out the Main Four with moves like Toxic Spikes and Leech Seed. All of Roserade's moves are obtainable from an early point, so the soonest you can evolve it is level 28. Roserade can be found as a Roselia on Route 12, or the Lostlorn Forest and needs a Shiny Stone ( which can be found in the dust clouds covering caves.

So this has been my recommended team to defeat the Elite Four with a Grass Monotype team. I will get around to posting my results with running this team sometime soon, but before you go off and level up all these Pokémon remember this is just my team, if you want to change out some moves for better Egg-Moves, go ahead. If you chose Snivy as your starter and wanted to use it, be my guest! This was a baseline to give players ad idea of what to look out for.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...