1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Black Garden | Closed, please go to 2.0 |

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by LassusVulpes, Nov 6, 2019.

1. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    (Sorry LV never pinged me)

He hears a sound of people talking as he grabs his pole and arms it ready to attack anything incoming. He activates his Pike form before spinning on his foot to see the two. "Oh it's just you two. . . " He twirls the pole deactivating "Why're you here ? "

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Grenfell was speechless, looking at the psychic with a slightly stunned expression that he failed to completely mask. It's been a long time (and by long I mean really long) time since someone expressed gratitude so heartfelt to him, and that the Pokémon didn't cast him aside like what the towns did to him before (though to be honest, he was kinda crazier and malicious back then; thank Happy for the change). It felt... good, actually. Staying here is turning out to be one of the best decisions he has ever made, bless the old Xatu and his prophecies. Hearing about the hunting profession made the Grovyle grin too, seeing as that was one of his fortes.
    "Oh it's just you two... why're you here?" the three heard the Snivy speak up, making Grenfell smirk lazily.
    "Ehh, we just wanted to know if you've made any headway with the crystal creatures," he replied casually, crossing his arms. "And also makin' sure that you're not wastin' your time stealing stuff~" he added under his breath. Nope, he was never letting that live down~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #222 Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  3. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    At hearing Grenfells comment about the snivy's theft, Alaunus lets out a small irritated sigh. Trying to get back on topic, Alaunus spoke up. "I'm sorry for showing up again to your house and asking for practically the same thing, but that last creature was definitely different from the ones that sattacked the town." Alaunus began. "While the ones that attacked the town seemed more like other Pokémon with their common weaknesses, the one in the woods was something completely different. It acted differently, and it seemed like it was… artificially made, if that makes sense. I mean, wasn't there also another figure? I could've sworn that I saw something quickly fly by and put something inside the artificially made creature that seemed to have powered it up. The more I think about it, the more confused I get. I am clearly missing a lot of information, and I've got nothing to go on."

4. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Sighing as he says "No I haven't found out much. I'm out here so I can calm down because I need to calm down because this damn reading is giving me god damn Jack all." He twirls his pole to a pike. and throws it as hard as he could at his training dummy puncturing it. "My head is completely mush right now and I can't think straight at all. This is all fucked up because of these corrupted bastards. He grabs another pole off his rack and continues to throw them. He throws about 8 of them before shooting vines out his hands and touching all of them and activating their scythes breaking the dummy to bits.

5. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    "Yeah, sometimes readin' too much about somethin' that isn't your interest becomes such a bother that your mind doesn't register anythin'," Grenfell said as he watched the dummies obliterate with mild interest. "And that thing that you said placed somethin' inside the creature," he added, turning to Alaunus. "Me and Happy chased after it, but then it disintegrated into thin air. It means either this guy can make illusions or clones, or he has some sort of teleporting skill..."

6. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    "Can't say for certain, since I didn't quite get a good look at it. Maokaw and I were preoccupied with the other creature." Alaunus spoke, after listening to the grovyle. "But the fact that it was powering up the other creature probably means that it was using it as some sort of pawn... a disposable asset. And if that's truly the case, then that means that there are probably some sort of higher power, somehow controlling the masses, and attacking town."

Alaunus began moving from his spot, deciding to sit down on a conveniently placed rock next to him. once seated he continued his train of thought.

"Why here though? Why this town? There isn't anything special here... or is there?" Alaunus asked himself out loud, not caring if the others listened in. He than looked back at the other two. "What if... those things are attacking other towns as well? Or if this town wasn't even the first? What is there from stopping that creature from creating more and attacking other towns?"

7. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    "Not true . . . There's something in this town." He collects his poles and tosses them into back into the pile "There's a gem at the main town square where we fought those original ones." He sighs "I also think I have an idea on why that creature we just fought yesterday lets call Bukiyo. He may have soul gems in his body and those original creatures were just hollow husks of creatures. They may be able to break apart and form other parts. All it requires is a single gem."

8. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    "So more or less these gems were being used to animate corpses," Grenfell said, looking at Happy in worry, as the spirit came from inside the gem. Said blue orb just floated beside him, hovering as it too was interested in the discussion. "But were those creatures made from real Pokémon who have died or were they artificialy made..? I mean, some of the creatures were clearly former Pokémon, but what if some of them were just formed for that purpose?" the Grovyle inquired, raising the questions in his mind.

#228 Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  9. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    "Hmm, if that's the case, do you think that yesterday was an attempt expand that creatures army? By killing the town locals and using their corpses as husks for more of those creatures?" Alaunus proposed. He then looked back at the snivy, remembering a previous question he had. "Hold on, you said that there was a gem on the main town square, right? You're not thinking that it's also a soul gem. Why would the town have such a thing? And would they even know what it really is and how to use it?"

10. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    "All I know from all the reading is that the gem isn't a soul gem. In fact it empowers a mythical Pokémon. One of the sacred swords." He opens his hut door "Wanna come in? I'm gonna be making tea." He looks at the trees to make sure no odd things were around the area. He grabs a pole before walking inside for safety.

(The Act will finish soon be ready for that)

11. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    (sorry, not much to say...)
    "Why not?" Grenfell shrugged, following the Snivy inside. Happy lingered around for a few more seconds before following the grass-type.

12. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Sorry for taking a while. Was going to do it yesterday morning, but i forgot... oops.

Taking up on Maokaws offer, Alaunus walked inside and made his way to the familiar living room. As soon as he made it inside, a familiar putrid smell filled his nostrils. Either the smell still persisted, or the snivy didn't clean up. Sitting down on one of the available chairs, Alaunus decided to bring it up.

"I've noticed that the smell has yet to leave. What methods have you used to get rid of it, cause I don't think it's working. Don't mean to sound rude or anything, but it's a bit distracting."

13. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Questioning to himself the smell. "What smell?" His nose had gotten used to it and hasn't noticed it in a while He walks into the kitchen and places a kettle of water on the stove and lights the flame. "What flavor tea do you want? I got Green, Chai, Chamomile, black, Earl."

14. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    "I'd fancy Green," Grenfell said, ignoring the psychic's remark. Having travelled through different towns and visiting their bars, the Grovyle has gotten accustomed to strange smells. Looking around he saw lots of books strewn about the place, making the grass-type chuckle at the amount of reading their host has been doing.

15. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Sorry I took long... again... but I have a legitimate reason this time. Due to living isolated in the hills, we've been having constant power outages.

Realizing that's neither of the two seem to care about the putrid odor, Alaunus decided to stay quiet. Using his psychic abilities, he decides to quietly crack open a window to let some air in. Realizing it actually helped, he was finally able to relax. Looking back at Maokaw, he decided to reply to his question.

"I've never had any tea before, so just give me whatever you recommend." Alaunus responded.

16. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    You're fine. Me and jup have a couple rps to pass time.

He fills up the kettle with water and places it on the flame. He watches it to wait for a little bit of steam to emit. He waits a couple seconds to let it heat more before taking it off the flame and pouring three mugs of tea out. He takes out a little pocket watch out of a cabnit and times for 5 minutes "Gren what do you want in your tea? I got Honey, milk, sugar, lemon juice.

17. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    "Hmm, honey would do~" Grenfell replied, eye twitching slightly at the nickname but otherwise he kept his aloof disposition. Happy, getting slightly bored, began zipping around the small abode, looking for interesting things to do.

18. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    As Alaunus waits for the snake to arrive, he sets his sights on the little spirit. Watching it float around was practically the only source of entertainment he could come up with while waiting. Personally, he didn't know what to think about the spirit. In one hand, it defied basic knowledge. Most Pokémon would think spirits and such would just be ghost type Pokémon, but this thing was clearly something else. Butnon the other hand, it has helped them, and shows no signs of ill will. The more he thought about the spirit, the more curious he'd get. Alaunus began wondering if the spirit was capable of communicating with others. It clearly couldn't talk without a physical form, but what if it would talk via other means?

Curiosity getting the better of him, Alaunus began tapping into his psychic abilities in an attempt to talk with the spirit telepathically. "Hello... can you hear me?" Alaunus asked the spirit. "If you can, try thinking up a response, I should be able to hear it if your willing."

19. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    He pours about two teaspoons of honey in Grenfells tea as he stirs it. He watches the watch as he cracks another book open to see if he can find any further info on the Black creatures. "These creatures are abnormal . . . It's like we're getting ready to harvest a Black Garden of souls . . . The watch lets out a calm little chime and Maokaw scoops out the teabags with a spoon and throws them in a little cup filled with teabags. He stirs all the mugs one last time before walking out and placing the three mugs down on the table. "Alaunus I gave you Chai tea" He sits in a chair and continues to stare at the pages of the book before closing it. "It'd be a good idea to train on your fighting. This isn't gonna go down it's only gonna get farther from here."

ACT WARNING : On the next turn the Act will end. This means all soul creatures will animate once more!

20. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    "Thanks for the tea~" Grenfell said, drinking his entire mug in one shot as Happy rested on his head. "And yes, we need to enhance our skills, we were nearly overwhelmed the last time," the Grovyle added, wincing as he remembered how taxing using Frenzy Plant was.
    As Happy returned to the room his friends were in he felt a tug at the back of his mind. Knowing immediately who was responsible for it he looked curiously at the Ralts, who was saying something to him telepathically. Why won't he say what he wants to say aloud, he wondered, like everyone else. Maybe the Ralts was shy... Shrugging as much as a ball of blue can shrug, the spirit went to rest on top of the Grovyle's head.