1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Black Garden | Closed, please go to 2.0 |

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by LassusVulpes, Nov 6, 2019.

1. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,827.6
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    "You're right . . . Those damned crystals seem to make it stronger. I fought this creature when it had none in it and it was still a bit difficult. We got no clue of its power so stay on high alert" He looks around "Wheres that damn Grovile?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    "Oi, aren't 'ya gonna say anythin'?" Grenfell asked, inching closer towards the black figure, who has stopped moving. "It's rude to not answer someone when they're talkin' to 'ya!" he stated, annoyed as he calmly walked closer to the creature. Sliently preparing his blades as he walked closer, the Grovyle called out once more. "Oi, can 'ya hear me!?"
    Instantly the figure's head spun 180°, wearing a chershire grin that made Grenfell back away in surprise. However it did not say or do anything; instead it dissolved into the air. "What..." Grenfell muttered as the blue spirit hovered back to his side, both utterly confused at what has happened.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,471.2
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    "No idea, but he doesn't look like the type to run away... unless he's desperate, so something must've caught his attention." Alaunus assumed, saying his thoughts out loud. But wanting to go back to the problem at hand, he placed his focus back on the fox creature "I can try to use my psychic abilities to try and pinpoint the location of the crystals. It might take me a while, but due to it's physical shape being more malleable rather than pure muscle, it could probably find them in a few minutes. If it's weak enough, I can try pulling them off the creature, but I doubt it will be that easy."

4. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,827.6
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    "If it glows, mow it down." He jumps at the creature at full force with a scythe in hand and strikes tentacles And finds a glow he strikes down and pulls out a gem before jumping out preparing for an attack. A large spike burst out from where it was cut "I just noticed that Psychic thing might do well. I saw when it regenerated it split apart and the gems were the ones forming the sludge. How much power do you think you can lift?"

5. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    "It... disappeared!?" Grenfell exclaimed as he frantically looked left and right for the shadow, which seemed to have vanished out of thin air. "Grr, that must've been a distraction!" the Grovyle snarled, berating himself for getting tricked like that. Divide and conquer, that was the words that the grass-type learned throughout his years alone. "Crap, we gotta get back!"

The blue orb, sensing its friend's dismay, tried its own search for the black figure using its connection to the spirit world. Sadly it couldn't find anything, but that fact left a puzzling question in the spirit's mind. Souls like his usually leave an imprint on the things that they touch, but the area had no such marks at all...

6. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,471.2
    "I can lift about as much weight as that grovile, anything past that would be challenging but not impossible." Alaunus answered, quickly diving to his left to avoid another tentacle. "I don't know what you're planning exactly, but I'm open to any ideas!"

Putting his focus back on the creature in front of him, Alaunus tries to use his psychic ability to probe its insides. Being more liquid rather than muscles, searching the insides were a lot of an easier task. While searching, he felt something different, rather than liquid, if felt rough, and hard. As he searched, he found more and more of these things, most of them around the center of the creature. Assuming these were the stones he was looking for, he began pulling on one of them, Surprisingly, there was some resistance, it seemed like the creature was trying to pull the stone back into it's center, safe from being taken out. The farther the stone was from the center, the stronger the resistance. Without much strain, Alaunus is able to pull the stone up to the surface of the creatures 'skin', successfully exposing it. He wanted to pull the thing out, but any and all attempts were resisted, so he settled for just exposing them.

"Hey, this is the best I can do for now. Destroy these, and ill keep pulling out more." Alaunus shouted at the snivy.

7. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,827.6
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    "Guess I gotta end this damn'd fight . . ." He jumps at the creature the ground under him breaking. "UNEARTHLY BOUND!" The ground under him bursting in roots pulling him up. He charges at the creature with his body being carried by roots he seems to be able to fly. He strikes each of the gems shattering each of them. They fall to the ground and burst sending projectiles everywhere. "Gods hell! Is this just a swarm fight?" He looks around seeing all the broken trees and backs off the creature as some of the gems still stand "All these trees . . . They were homes weren't they . . ?" He feels his heart pounding and his arms shaking "This creature show'd no care about destroying all these pokemons homes. . . . He felt his gaze strain as his eyes become slit like a cat. He could feel something on his neck start to float as a faint glow could be seen at the corner of his eye. "Raltz. LET THIS DAMN'D BITCH SUFFER IN HELL GOT IT?!"

He twirls his scythe at unearthly speed as he charges in headfirst turning the scythe into a pike slamming into the creature at such forces to make it burst sending gunk flying backwards showing crystals. He strikes those before backing up as a large tentacle flies at him.

8. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,471.2
    It was a simple system, they had. Alaunus himself would expose the creatures stones one by one, and the snivy would cut them down. It was simple, but it gave Alaunus a small sense of hope that they would be able to defeat the creature. Sadly, all of that hope was soon to disappear within a matter of minutes. The horns on his head are continuously picking up on the surrounding emotions. All of the anger and hostility that the snivy was feeling and had expressed were quickly picked up, affecting Alaunus in a negative way. Once Alaunus felt all of those negative emotions, he began feeling light headed and nauseous. He didn't think it would've affected him this much, but the sheer amount of sadness, hate, hostility, and despair we're too much for him to keep himself composed. He had to lean on a tree as to prevent him from falling over. He had to stop using his psychic abilities as to prevent his mental state from getting worse.

"I'm sorry! Just give me a few minutes, I ain't feeling so good." Alaunus exclaimed to the snivy, trying his hardest to not throw up. Alaunus knew why he was feeling this way, but there wasn't anything he could do to calm everyone down. The creatures of the forest were experiencing anguish and despair, and his companion was furious. He doesn't know how he was able to keep himself composed during the fight in the town, but it seems like was all of the negative emotions have finally caught up to him. He knew he would be able to get te back into the fight, but he needed to compose himself first.

9. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,827.6
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    "
    He twirls his scythe spinning the tentacle around "Than I guess I gotta finish this damn job. . . UNEARTHLY BOUND!" He dives headfirst into the foe . "RAZOR TAIL!" He spins around making a circle around him before jumping to a tree turning his scythe into a pike. And diving head first back in gradually getting faster. His swings had no aim but were still hitting. He lands on the ground with a spin before throwing the pike like a damn lance. The creature backs off a little before sending more tentacles "I can't find any of these damn gems." He looks around before rolling to dodge a tentacle and grabbing a bit of bark blocking a spiked ended tentacle breaking the bark. He slides down a hill of which the creature came from grabbed a stick turning into a pike and the creature follows forgetting about Alaunus. Maokaw stands on a stump of a once living tree pointing at the foe. His legs were crossed . "You have ended the lives of many, there fore. Your only reward, IS THE PAINFUL RELEASE OF DEATH YOU UNEARTHLY BASTARD!" He twirls the pike so the blade was pointing at the ground the shaft (Long part pole) rests on his shoulder. He looks down and sees his mothers pendent floating. He taps it with his hand as he feels a strong pain in his hand. He flinches and looks back at the foe. It backs off a little regenerating its tentacles before hissing. He feels his finger nails get sharper as he glares at the creature his pupils slits.

He feels his heart pounding in frustration "Not only have you taken the lives of the innocent. . . YOU DAMN CREATURES KILLED MY OWN FUCKING MOTHER!" His hand was shaking and claws were forming grasping the scythe. He could feel a sharp pain on the side of his head. He slams his Pike into the tree causing a loud crack to be heard. A blue orb suddenly bursts out of his mothers gem and turns into a long spike impaling Maokaw. He falls back as the black creature jumps up in the air seeing it's time to attack. Maokaw kicks off the ground feeling his chest to find no damage. His head was light as if there were no thoughts in there. He twirls a pike much different than the one that he held originally. The pike was far sharper. It had a long straight shaft with a razor sharp leafy blade. He twirls it into a scythe , The shaft of the pole was long and black, the blades edge was shaped like a hound of red veins and fur, the blade itself was a long black blade with a smooth silver lining.

Maokaw has taken a new form. This form is called soul power, this can only be done under high stress and high emotions. As we can see in the story we're all getting stressed and exhausted. Maokaw has recently gotten really pissed over noticing the trees. This is maokaws new look for you peeps

His Tail now has a silver lining from the sharpness, his pupils are slits and red, he has ram horns growing on the side of his head, his cloak is a crimson The root on his leg is stretching out, his hands are purple claws and his teeth are sharp as well. He takes the form of the effective devil. It doesn't fit his personality. This form is supposed to be an anti form of him.

The back garden if you got questions

Watching the fight threw the crystals seeing the power of a simple Pokémon determination. "W̵o̴n̶d̸e̴r̶f̵u̵l̷ ̵W̴O̴N̸D̵E̵R̵F̵U̴L̷!̵ ̴" He grins with a devilish grin before grabbing a soul gem and hovering it up in the air and eating it. "T̷h̵e̵s̵e̸ ̸s̶o̵u̶l̸s̶ ̷a̵r̴e̸ ̴d̷i̵s̷g̵u̶s̸t̷i̴n̵g̸ ̶b̸u̸t̷ ̵i̷t̵'̵s̷ ̷a̶l̷l̴ ̶I̵ ̴g̵o̸t̶.̸ ̶.̶ ̶.̸ ̵ ̷I̵ ̵c̶a̷n̷'̴t̷ ̷w̵a̵i̵t̴ ̴f̵o̶r̵ ̴a̸l̶l̷ ̵t̶h̸o̶s̴e̶ ̷t̴h̸r̷e̷e̵ ̴s̶o̷u̶l̵s̵ ̴t̸h̵o̸u̷g̴h̵!̷" He continues to watch the fight in pure joy

10. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    "There!" Grenfell exclaimed as he and the spirit finally made their way back to the battlefield. The Grovyle had to let out a whistle at the demonic appearance of the Snivy. "Now that's what I call a devil," he grinned, placing his hands behind his back as he watched the Snivy battle the creature.
    At that point he noticed the presence of his other companion, or more accurately the lack of. "Where's that Ralts?" he questioned to himself, the two looking around for their missing friend acquaintance.
    Suddenly, the small spirit bounced and zipped, catching the grass-type's attention. "Eh? What is it, li'l guy? Did 'ya find 'im?" he inquired as he followed the blue orb as it glided past trees and bushes, before landing on an ailing Alaunus. "Oi, what are 'ya doin' here?" Grenfell said bluntly, the little spirit cringing at his tactlessness. The Grovyle narrowed his eyes as he analysed the Ralts' face and posture, realising the problem. "You're gonna throw up," he deduced, groaning at the thought of vomit everywhere. "Geez, what to do now?" the grass-type sighed, plopping on the ground as he watched the little spirit do its work.
    The spirit stayed on Alaunus' head, figuring out how to help it. From the psychic signals it was receiving from the Ralts' horns, it could tell he was experiencing an emotional overload, probably due to all the negative feelings in the air. Steeling itseld the blue orb began to emit calming waves, in hope that it will help with the psychic-type's current predicament.

11. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,471.2
    Trying to get back into fighting conditions, Alaunus attempts to steady his breathing in an attempt to calm down his nausea. While this did help him, albeit a little bit, it wasn't enough to get him back to continue to help with the creature. It was while he was trying to calm himself down, when he heard Maokaw scream in anger at the creature, and slowly change his appearance. Alaunus wanted to make a comment on it, but he felt like he would throw up if he were to speak. It was then, when he finally saw Grenfell making its way towards him.

"Oí, what are 'ya doin' here?" He heard Grenfell ask him. He wanted to respond, but couldn't. Shortly afterwards, it seemed that he managed to figure out that he wasn't feeling well, and plopped himself on the ground.

Alaunus watched as the floating spirit landed on his head. Didn't know what it was planning on doing, but didn't want to mess with spectral beings as of now. Instead, he decided to continue concentrating on getting back to his feet. That was when he realized that he was having a way easier time in doing so, now with the spirit on his head. It didn't take him long to finally get back to his own feet, and he looked up at the spirit above him.

"You were the one who helped me, didn't you?" He asked the spirit, not really expecting any sort reply. Alaunus then turned around, facing the creature, preparing himself for another round with the beast. "Thanks."

12. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,827.6
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    He feels his legs lunge forward as he kicks on the ground. His eyes full of vengeance he strikes down a tentacle as his pike bends forward sending a major shock wave backwards shaking the fallen trees over. Already he's feeling more tired than ever and hardly can swing the weapon but keeps going on. He lunges at the foe and impales it with his pike before twirling it into a scythe slicing the foe in half. He twirls around and strikes a couple crystals and the creature reforms so he backs off and grabs a stick turning it into a pike throwing it as hard as he could. The beast catches the pike as it was slower compared to his other attacks as he was very low on energy. The creature glares at Mao before lunging and sending all its tentacles at Maokaw who was on the ground catching his breath unable to move.

13. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Grenfell smirked as he watched his friend heal the Ralts from whatever he was feeling nauseous from. "You're quite the spirit, ain't 'ya?" he remarked as the psychic-type thanked the little blue orb, who zipped around in merry glee.
    The moment was interrupted as a wave of wind blasted at the three, nearly blowing the spirit away. The Grovyle immediately turned his head to the other battle, and saw that the other guy was tiring, seeing his sloppy moves. He's gonna collapse soon, he deduced, and sighed, racing to the battlefield. As the myriad of tentacles of the creature quickly advanced on the vulnerable Snivy the grass-type halted them, severing many of the appemdages with Leaf Blades and Wind Slashes. "Hurry up and catch your breath already! I can't keep this up for long," Grenfell said, shredding and blocking every attempt to get past him.

14. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,471.2
    Not wanting to waste time, Alaunus decided to grab a hold of Maokaw, and pull him out of harms way. Now the grovile was able to move without the burden of defending someone.

"Just listen to him for now. Just take a breather, we got this." Alaunus spoke to Maokaw, who was now next to him, away from the creature. Alaunus than made his way towards Grenfell in order to assist the other grass type. "I made sure the snivy was alright. Let's get rid of this thing before we start to collapse ourselves."

Alaunus stared at the creature, trying to see if it was showing any signs of fatigue of it's own. While the creature didn't show any other emotion besides uncontrolled rage, he knew that the must've been doing something when destroying the crystals. Deciding to go with that plan again, he decided to use his psychic abilities to go back Inside the creature and exposing more crystals. He noticed that there were a lot less than last time, which relieved him, knowing that this wouldn't take long.

"I'm going to try to expose it's weak points, this should hopefully put a stop to it. Try to cut down anything that glows, you'll know it when you see it."

15. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,827.6
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Maokaw watches while catching his breath his horns and appearance going back to normal. He places his hand to his face "That creatures damn infuriating. . ." He looks closer before yelling "I think he's almost done! There's not as many tentacles being made so it's conserving energy!"

16. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    "Yep, I see 'em," Grenfell muttered, preparing an Energy Ball as he stopped blocking the vines. Agilely spinning around them he quickly ran towards the creature.
    "I think he's almost done! There's not as many tentacles being made so it's conserving energy!" the Snivy exclaimed as the Grovyle approached the creature. And indeed, the number of appendages seems to be decreasing as time goes on.
    If that's the case, he thought inwardly, leaping towards the monster's back and impaling the Energy Ball in one of the crystals. Like glass it shattered instantly, and the grass-type swore he saw the behemoth flinch, before a myriad of tentacles, well whatever was left, approached him.
    "Agility!" he declared, forcing his body to move faster as he raced his way through the forest of tentacles as he slashed whatever came too near. Seeing another crystal he sliced it in half before he made a tactical retreat, jumping a few metres from the behemoth.
    "There may be less appendages, but it's still masterful at controlling 'em," Grenfell declared, seeing the remaining tentacles swarm around the creature's body, making a quasi-cocoon. "It's on the defense, so that means it's tirin' too," he deduced, preparing another Energy Ball and hurling it towards the makeshift shield. An explosion resounded through the area, destroying a small portion of the cocoon and exposing another crystal, which Grenfell capitalised on. Doing this a few more times, the tentacles suddenly fell apart, revealling a severely battered creature and one crystal, bigger than the others which wasn't there before. Quickly he snatched it and walked towards his three companions. "Care to do the honors?" the Grovyle inquired humourously, the glowing crystal in his hand as he held it outstretched, allthewhile keeping his guard up just in case something else happens.

17. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,471.2
    Without hesitation, Alaunus grabbed the outstretched crystal, and smashed it onto the floor with all the mental strength he could muster. The crystal then shattered into many smaller pieces, most of which ceased to glow. He then heard a loud screech coming from the creature. Turning around to face the creature, he stares eyes wide as the creature seems to slowly melt into the floor, still screeching during the whole process. Eventually, the creature had fully melted into the floor, and the forest was finally quiet. Looking back at the crystal, he noticed that some of the smaller pieces were still glowing. Not wanting to keep them where they were, he decided to pick them all up. Picking up the few smaller glowing ones, he collects them all together, and hands it the snivy who was resting.

"Here, you're probably the only one who knows what to do with these things." He told Maokaw, while handing him the peices. "I've had enough monster fighting for one day, I'm both physically and mentally exhausted. Let's just hope that more of those things don't show up for now."

18. LassusVulpes

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,827.6
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    He looks at the extended hand in front of him of the broken shards of the gem. He hesitates as he grabs the gem "If any more of those damn creatures come today i'm just gonna let them fucking kill me. . ." He was so exhausted and his mind was clouded by so much that had happened today. The sky was a deep crimson nearing black. The trees that were still in tact blew silently. All the dust was flying by of the rubble of trees. Pokémon slowly emerged out of the stumps and fallen logs looking at the damage. Maokaws face was still and expressionless.

19. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Grenfell chuckled at his acquaintances' complaints, while the little spirit flew in their midst, once in a while resting on one's head before bouncing off again. Satisfied at looking at the scene in front of him, he looked up to gaze at the scarlet-coloured sky. "Red skies, eh?" he grinned, remembering something he heard all those years ago.

Flashback
    "Ehh? Red skies?" a young Treecko inquired, narrowing his eyes at a grinning Xatu. "Are 'ya sure that's what I'll see?"
    "Yep; when have I ever been wrong?" the Xatu inquired, puffing his chest in pride. "In the far future you will see red skies mixed with black, and in that time you will find true allies who will forever be at your side and they with yours," he added sagely, as he patted the Grass-type on the back.
    "Whatever, gramps," the Treecko muttered, waving off his grandfather's prophecy as some insignificant thing. Little did the grass-type know then how much it would affect his future.
    End Flashback

So these guys were the ones you were talkin' about, gramps?
    Grenfell thought as he looked at the two Pokémon and the little spirit zipping around them. Not the best choice of allies, but this will do~
    The Grovyle then averted his eyes to see several Pokémon staring at the damaged area. Suddenly feeling self-conscious for some reason, he used Agility to jump into the trees, (which is kinda counterproductive, but ehh) hiding as he watched what the others will do.

20. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,471.2
    Watching the grovyle run away into the trees, Alaunus lets off a small chuckle. 'Yeah, I wouldn't want to stay here any longer either.' He thought to himself. Turning his attention to the snivy, who was now holding the gem, he spoke again.

"You do whatever needs to be done with that thing, I'm gonna head home. I'm pretty sure we're all tired, and I'm calling it a day." Alaunus bids his farewells, about to make his way back into town. He quickly noticed Grenfell still in the trees, remembering he was a traveler, he decides to reach out to him. "Hey! If you don't have anywhere to rest, There's a spare room in my house, if you're interested."