1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Infernostar, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,978.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Ages ago, long before time itself, there was but one entity. Forever known as the Master of Arms, they forged the tools that created the world as we know it. Six Divine Blades, each blessed with an incredible power.

Chronos, The Blade that started the flow of Time itself.
    Exten, The Blade that expanded the universe into the Space that it is.
    Pyrrus, The Blade that warmed the planet, creating Fire and heat.
    Glachen, The Blade that cooled the planet, generating Ice and cold.
    Thundra, The Blade that sparked technology, forging Electricity and advancement.
    and Sortul, The Blade that breathed Life into existence, creating all living things.

However, creating life has its risks. There are those who worshiped the Master of Arms as a God, but there also exist those who sought to surpass them. These people in secret worked tirelessly to forge their own blade, a Seventh Blade, in a desperate attempt to surpass their creator. Their ambitions, their malice, and their desires for control corrupted their work, as the Seventh Blade would come to be known as Chaos, The Blade of Destruction.

In their efforts to surpass the Master of Arms, these people started a Great War against their creator. Many lives were lost, as were the Seven Divine Blades, scattered across the world by the Master of Arms, who vowed to keep them far out of reach of humanity. Or so they thought...

Centuries later, and the stories of the Master of Arms and the Great War have passed into legend. But as with every legend, there was always a hint of truth to them. Now, a new evil has risen, one who claims to wield Chaos, and desires nothing short of total global destruction.

This will be a mainly fantasy oriented story, with a few hints of sci-fi. As is tradition with RPs I run, we'll be starting off in the best location for stories, the bar. I'll try and answer any and all questions in this thread before the actual RP begins.

Name:
    Powers (If any):
    Weapons:
    Personality:
    Background:

Name: Reku Itachu
    Appearance: 6' even, Spiked Purple hair with Dark Red Eyes. Wears a purple and black trench coat, long black pants and boots.
    Powers: Energy channeling. By sheer will is capable of channeling his own energy into whatever weapon he wields.
    Weapons: A bladeless naginata. Uses his Energy channeling to create a blade of pure energy for it instead.
    Personality: Prideful but usually kind towards others. Never backs down from a challenge.
    Background: Mercenary turned thrill-seeker, heard stories about the Divine Blades and decided to do some research into them. Wound up at a local bar in search of answers. Seems to not like talking about his past.

#1 Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  2. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I think that I'll just give this a shot! :3

Name: Aurora Flora (Don't ask, just go with it)
    Appearance: A little over five feet tall with long, mostly straight, blonde hair with purple eyes. She usually wears a dark blue jacket with a dark purple shirt under it and some long black pants.
    Powers: Ice-shifting: the ability to form and control ice. At her current level, she can form the ice into certain creatures that can act on their own, but they can't be any bigger than a horse and she can form any close combat weapons, such as a sword, lance, or shield, with ease.
    Weapons: she chooses to keep a small dagger and a bow and some different kinds of arrows with her, in case her ice abilities isn't useful for the situation.
    Personality: She usually keeps to herself and doesn't trust many people but to the few she does trust, she'll do whatever she can to help them when they need it.
    Background: When she was awakened with her powers, she couldn't easily control it and therefore thought it safer to go on a journey until she could fully control it. After a few years, she was on her way back home and decided to go to the bar to rest for a couple of hours before continuing.
    Let me know if you want me to change anything!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,978.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Looks just fine to me. Welcome aboard.

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  4. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,978.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Well, since apparently no one else is interested, we will most likely start sometime next week. I'll keep this open in the event others want to join as it goes though.

5. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Sounds good

6. TripleMoon

TripleMoon PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽224.3
    Hello! I've decided to join this RP last-minute. For those that don't know, I'm a friend of Infernostar's. He talked about this RP over discord chat, and that's how I learned about it. Anyway, here's my character. I'll wait until Inferno approves the app before I jump into the thread.

Name: Duran Riotara (Nickname: Rio)

Appearance: She's an Asian woman standing at 5' 8'' with brown eyes and black hair. The latter goes down past her shoulders, and is typically tied up in a compact traditional style. As for clothing, she wears glasses, and she is typically wrapped in a tan cloak that goes down to her ankles and hides her arms. Her left arm almost never emerges from the robe, so most people don't know that her left hand has been replaced with a stiff, dark-bronze prosthetic.

Powers (If any): Friction/Air Resistance Manipulation. By holding something or someone with her right hand and concentrating, her hand inexplicably produces a nearly translucent gray energy that seeps into the object/person and allows her to increase or decrease the amount that the object/person is affected by friction and air resistance. Objects with a mass less than 50 lb are easy for her to manipulate, heavier than 150 lb is difficult but still doable with a lot of concentration, and above 300 lb is impossible.

Weapons: 3'' dagger, and her metal fist (it packs quite a punch!).

Personality: She is steadfast, holding strong convictions about what it means to be just, and always keeping her word. As a practitioner of martial arts, she maintains a healthy body and mind, one that is not filled with hatred, nor targets her opponents with it. However, she does have her limits. Also, she likes sharing her knowledge of history, physics, and mathematics.

Background: Rio comes from a wealthy family, and she worked for the local ruler as a secretary and an accountant. Life was good, but all it took was one mistake to ruin it: falling in love with a man named Makoto Imai. He was con man who pretended to love her, all in a scheme to steal an important artifact from the ruler. After being with her for so long, he stole the object and framed Rio for the deed. Though she figured out it was Makoto's doing, she lacked the evidence to convince the court, which decided she had sold the treasure onto the black market. While Makoto was leaving to god knows where, Rio had her left hand severed as punishment. After recovering, she chose to follow after Makoto in the hopes that she will be absolved if she brings him and the artifact back to the ruler. As she traveled on a long, lonely journey, she heard bits and pieces about Makoto. He was always talked about in relation to someone else, a person who claims to wield a "blade of destruction". With more questions than answers about Makoto, the wielder of destruction, and how they relate to each other, Rio carries on her search.

7. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,978.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Well this is a nice surprise. Welcome back, and your approved. I'll try and find a spot you can dive in.

8. TripleMoon

TripleMoon PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽224.3
    Awesome, thanks. I've got an idea for how to work Rio in there.

9. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    I'm going to be gone starting Monday through the following Friday.

10. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,978.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

11. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    I'm back, I'll reply to the rp again when I have regained some needed sleep. X3