1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Blending

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by awney, Sep 12, 2018.

1. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    My worst enemy when it comes to art is blending two ore more colors together. Do you guys ever blend colors together or do you just use the gradient tool as the easy way out?

I must admit I do usually use the gradient tool because I can not for the life of me figure out how to blend with the air brush tool or watercolor tool

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I blend a lot, but I have special blending tools on CSP that make my life significantly easier. FA was a bit harder to blend on though. I will admit that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    AeroHail likes this.
  3. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I usually lay down my colours then Gaussian blur them if I'm looking for multiple colour blending (such as for spacey looking skies. Instead of using the grad tool sometimes I want some green over here, pink over there and a bit of blue there and there so I brush down all the colours and blur them)

4. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    Before I simplified my art, I used to do a fair bit of blending in Medibang. All I did was color with a watercolor brush and continue adjusting the colors, strength, and opacity of the brush until it looked smooth. I still do this when it comes to my galaxy backgrounds but otherwise I just use the gradient tool now.

also i could never understand blending with the blur tool because that lags my devices like crazy

5. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Gradients and more gradients for me lol. I don't like the look of anything else with my shading style. I have blended stuff with watercolour brushes in the past though, for backgrounds and such.