1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Blog - The difficulty of making a Pokèmon game.

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by BluetailsTheBuizel, Apr 17, 2018.

1. BluetailsTheBuizel

Legendary Egg
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽161.3
    Oran Berry ★★
    It's 2018.

Anyone who wants to make a Pokémon RPG of their dreams still find it hard to do so.

There are many reasons why so many people wouldn't make a Pokèmon game of their dreams.

The first is DMCA, it's the certificate of "Congratulations, you made your game so popular its received a sizable amount of audience that is threatening us, now take down your game." it's the unavoidable outcome of making a quality Pokèmon game.

Actually come to think of it, ever since the biggining of 2018, I haven't seen any Further DMCA news that it stopping Pokémon fan games, it stopped as suddenly as it starts. (But let me know if I'm wrong)

However, there are some people that are still willing to make the game.

So, In the next LV blog post, let's explore the other huddles that trainers have to face in order to make their own customized Pokémon experience.

Yes, this is a series of blog posts about my opinions, it's going to be very long and I have to split it into parts. (Maybe 3 parts or more) Also sorry if opinion and blogs are not allowed on LV or I'm just putting this in the wrong folder. :D

Also, I have to keep it short to avoid writing off topic. I'm also not used to writing long essays without dropping quality and I also do not allow myself to stare at the pc screen for too long. :(

Also, comments and opinions are welcome :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  2. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Comment: R.I.P. my Tree Green due to DMCA

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    BluetailsTheBuizel likes this.
  3. BluetailsTheBuizel

Legendary Egg
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽161.3
    Oran Berry ★★
  4. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Actually maintaining the willpower to keep the project going =_= I've seen many an ambitious project makers pour their heart and soul in the beginning only for the interest to die off after a few months. Actually kinda sad when that happens :(

5. U44151

U44151 Sailor

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽196.0
    the spriting and map construction alone will take months x.x

Rezna and BluetailsTheBuizel like this.
  6. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Trust me, it's PAINFUL.

7. BluetailsTheBuizel

Legendary Egg
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽161.3
    Oran Berry ★★
    Yeah, I forgot to mention that. But not all games required spriting, only RPGs, not minigames