1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Blue Ocean, Blue Sapphire: Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Mandriel, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Entering the latest LV Event with a Nuzlocke!

- All pokémon must be nicknamed
    - If a pokémon faints it is considered dead and must be boxed permanently
    - If all pokémon in your party faints is game over
    - Must catch the first pokémon encountered on a route (Even if is one you've caught before)
    - In-game gift pokémon are allowed (Only Totem Gumshoos/Raticate are allowed since they're the first totem you can get)
    - No Exp. Share
    - No Pokémon-Amie (this means you can't have Sylveon)
    - Pokémon that evolves via trading must gain 10 levels from capture/last evolution before you can evolve it again
    - Legendary pokémon are not allowed

I named my character Seph and began my journey, mashing buttons to skip through all the tutorial dialogue so I could get around to the story as soon as possible. I chose Torchic to be my starter and I named him Sam.

Torchic
    NAME: Sam
    LEVEL: 5

He's amazing and I love him. However, I didn't think before I named him and now I'm imagining him to have the same voice as Sam from Brandon Rogers's sketches.

Oh well.

I trained him up to level 7 before battling Brendan (alliteration! Ha!), so he was able to win without any trouble.

On Route 101, I caught my first buddy. I'm already growing attached to him.

Zigzagoon
    NAME: Owen
    LEVEL: 2

I then ran into a poochyena that knew Ice Fang, but I had already caught a Pokémon on that route, so I had to miss out :( I was hoping to find another poochyena on Route 103, but I found something even better.

Wingull
    NAME: Stormcloud
    LEVEL: 2

Water birb! He's going to help me demolish Roxanne's Gym!

I got through Route 102 without encountering any Pokémon, and thank goodness for that. There's only one Pokémon I want to catch on that route. I want to get myself a ralts since in my first playthrough of this game, I was able to steamroll my way through it with a gardevoir, so I really want one in this Nuzlocke as I feel it would make my life so much easier.

I'll have a go at catching one next entry. Until next time!

TEAM:
    Sam - Torchic

Owen - Zigzagoon

Stormcloud - Wingull

DEATHS: 0
    BADGES: 0

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  2. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Uh, hi, just here to give a small helpful reminder in case you forget.

You said Wingull was gonna help you demolish the gym? Thats a mutual advantage. Wingull is part flying, giving it a weakness to rock. But if you can outspeed and hopefully OHKO Roxanne, shouldn't be too much trouble.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Mandriel likes this.
  3. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    That's the best plan there is for battling Roxanne. I'm still paranoid that something will go wrong and Stormcloud will get OHKOed somehow ^-^''

4. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    I had insomnia last night, so I was able to play a lot more. And quite a bit happened.

Using the PokeNav, I was able to locate and capture a ralts. Even better, I didn't accidentally knock her out! :D

Ralts
    NAME: Genevive
    LEVEL: 3

(I'm a little disappointed about some of my Pokémon's abilities, namely Owen having Gluttony instead of Pickup and Genevive having Trace instead of Synchronise, but beggars can't be choosers and I love them nonetheless.)

Wurmple
    NAME: Squirmy

I have no idea when I can use her since she's weak against Roxanne's Gym, but I trained her anyway. Soon, she evolved into a silcoon, so it looks like this squirmy worm is going to become a beautiful butterfly.

In Petalburg Woods, I was genuinely surprised I came across a shroomish right away. It usually takes me a while to find one, but this little guy was the first thing I saw.

Shroomish
    NAME: Tiana

Also, after getting out of the woods, I came across another good child:

Taillow
    NAME: Vivian

I'm never going to use her.

Since Tiana doesn't have a weakness against rock Pokémon like Stormcloud does, I spent a while training her before going to challenge the Gym. She was able to take on most of the trainers with relative ease, but I made sure to do some extra training before challenging Roxanne just in case. She proved herself to be a brilliant mushroom child when she defeated the Gym Leader without needing help from the rest of the team. Which is great, because basically none of my Pokémon had an advantage in that Gym and it would have really sucked if she'd died.

But she didn't die, we got the Stone Badge without any trouble and we're back to grinding. Owen's basically a HM slave at this point, but I want to make sure he's at a decent level in case of emergency.

Oh yeah, and Squirmy evolved again! She doesn't do much battling, but she's good moral support.

TEAM:
    Sam - Torchic

Owen - Zigzagoon

Stormcloud - Wingull

Genevive - Ralts

Squirmy - Beautifly

Tiana - Shroomish

BOX:
    Vivian - Taillow

BADGES: 1

#4 Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  5. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    So after beating Roxanne, I went north to catch some more Pokémon. The first Pokémon I found in the grass was this dude:

Whismur
    NAME: Urusai

I don't know if I'll ever use him, so he's been languishing in the PC since I've caught him...

I travelled to Dewford City. I wasn't too concerned about the Gym since Stormcloud and Genevive are super-effective against Fighting Pokémon, and I caught yet another team member who'd have an advantage against Brawly:

Zubat
    NAME: Frankie
    LEVEL: 12

I fricking love zubats.

I swapped Squirmy out for Frankie since she's not being doing too much recently and I felt I might as well work on raising Frankie's friendship levels so I can evolve him later. Also, I love her too much to see her accidentally getting killed.

After enough stalling, I went to the gym to earn the badge. I planned on using Genevive with Stormcloud as a backup in case she has too much trouble, but she single-handedly was able to defeat every Pokémon in there. Brawly's Pokémon weren't even able to put a scratch on her (though that's probably because they used stat-boosting moves instead of damage-inducing ones).

Now that I was allowed to travel to Slateport, I spent the next few minutes grinding in the cafe and on the beach. I then remembered that there was a patch of grass in the north and went there to train. And here I came across:

Electrike
    NAME: Raphael
    LEVEL: 10

I put Frankie back into the box since I already have a flying-type on my team in exchange for Raph. I dropped into the museum to battle Team Aqua and clear the roadblock that's up ahead. Asides from Raphael and Owen, my team is either level 16 or 17, but I want to keep training before I try and battle Brendan.

So, Sam's evolved (YEAH!), and I think Genevive is pretty close to evolving, too. Raphael's finally learning some good moves, Tiana and Stormcloud are doing okay, and I haven't been bothered to train Owen past level 10.

Anyway, until next time!

Sam - Combusken

Stormcloud - Wingull

Genevive - Ralts

Tiana - Shroomish

Owen - Zigzagoon

Raphael - Electrike

BOX:
    Vivian - Taillow
    Urusai - Whismur
    Squirmy - Beautifly
    Frankie - Zubat

BADGES: 2

6. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    The fight against Brendan went a lot better than I had expected. No Pokémon were lost, which is awesome :) But Raphael was killed by a wild voltorb right afterwards :(

RIP Raph. Poor little sparky dog, you deserved far more...

I also got a Dowsing Machine, which is awesome because I love getting free stuff. West of Mauville City, I came across this good child:

Marill
    NAME: Potatoes
    LEVEL: 11

The battle against Wattson was one of the most terrifying battles I've had. I used Sam for a majority of it as he's the strongest Pokémon in my party. Unfortunately, I soon ran out of items I could use to heal his paralysis. And on top of that, Wattson's magneton kept using Confuse Ray. Sam was on red health twice, where if he hurt himself in his confusion on that turn, he would have been killed. All Wattson's Pokémon kept retreating with Volt Switch until they fInAlLy JuSt StAyEd DeAd.

So, um, yeah. That happened. But we're fine now. This is fine. I'm fine.

... I really want my electric puppy back, though.

Sam - Combusken

Genevive - Kirlia

Tiana - Shroomish

Frankie - Zubat

Stormcloud - Wingull

Owen - Zigzagoon

BOX:
    Vivian - Taillow
    Urusai - Whismur
    Squirmy - Beautifly
    Potatoes - Marill

DEAD :
    Raphael - Electrike

DEATHS: 1
    BADGES: 3

7. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    MMmmmMMmmmmm so here's the next update:

Frankie's dead. *screaming* The poor small bat... I'm deeply ashamed that I let this happen.

I caught this dude, but I can't be bothered to add her to my party as I already have a fire-type:

Numel
    NAME: Hannah
    LEVEL: 15

Also, Tiana finally evolved! And Stormcloud! And Owen! Yaaaaaaay!

Also, in that place where there's all that soot lying around that you can collect to make into flutes, I found this guy:

Sandshrew
    NAME: Dylan
    LEVEL: 16

I've added him to my team and am currently training him. He's hopefully going to evolve really soon! :D I'm just excited that I finally have a Pokémon that can resist electric-types.

On our way to Meteor Falls, we also found this thing:

Lombre
    NAME: Brenda
    LEVEL: 16

Inside Meteor Falls, I encountered a lunatone, but I accidentally killed it. Whoopsie. Anyway, the battle against Team Aqua went awesome, nobody died and I got a free TM afterwards.

All this action has completely distracted me from the fact that I lost my favourite Pokémon :) Damn it...

Sam - Combusken

Genevive - Kirlia

Tiana - Breloom

Owen - Linoone

Dylan - Sandshrew

Stormcloud - Pelipper

BOX:
    Vivian - Taillow
    Urusai - Whismur
    Squirmy - Beautifly
    Potatoes - Marill
    Hannah - Numel
    Brenda - Lombre

DEAD :
    Raphael - Electrike
    Frankie - Zubat

DEATHS: 2
    BADGES: 3

#7 Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  8. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    So after whatever last happened in my journey, I carried on my quest to go to the volcano place to stop Team Aqua from doing the thing.

Fighting Archie, Tiana was killed off. All his mightyena had to do was use Swagger and Screech, and she just knocked herself out without landing a scratch on her opponent. Thankfully, the rest of the battle went just fine and nobody else was killed. After the battle, I withdrew Brenda the lombre because I wanted another grass-type to train. She's considerably weaker than the rest of my team, so she's going to need a lot of training.

Spoink
    NAME: BounceBounce
    LEVEL: 18

I was terrified that Flannery's team might kill somebody, so I used Stormcloud for pretty much the entire match. We did good though, nobody died. Dylan also evolved in the Gym, which was awesome. I then went to that sandy place to train and catch some Pokémon:

Trapinch
    NAME: Snappy
    LEVEL: 22

I'll probably use him to replace Dylan if anything happens to him. I also received a fossil that I went all the way back to Rustboro City to revive. I named him Anakin.

Anorith
    NAME: Anakin
    LEVEL: 20

I replaced Brenda with him because I might as well have a bug on my team. He's coming along okay so far, though he's not yet strong enough for me to trust him to hold his own in a battle.

So, here's my current to-do list:
    - Evolve Genevive
    - Grind the rest of my team up to level 28-30
    - Get better TMs
    - Battle Norman and not get anyone killed

... That's about it for now. Tune in next time when I may or may not have ruined everything! :D

Sam - Combusken

Genevive - Kirlia

Anakin - Anorith

Dylan - Sandslash

Owen - Linoone

Stormcloud - Pelipper

BOX:
    Vivian - Taillow
    Urusai - Whismur
    Squirmy - Beautifly
    Potatoes - Marill
    Hannah - Numel
    Brenda - Lombre
    BounceBounce - Spoink
    Snappy - Trapinch

DEAD :
    Raphael - Electrike
    Frankie - Zubat
    Tiana - Breloom

DEATHS: 3
    BADGES: 4

#8 Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  9. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Once everyone was level 30, I went to fight my dad. And I won! Yaaaaaay! Battling Norman and all his Gym trainers brought Sam up to level 34, so he's going to evolve again real soon. All I can say is I'm thankful that slaking's ability is Truant, otherwise Sam would have been killed three times over during that battle.

While surfing to the next area, I got this dude:

Tentacool
    NAME: Richard
    LEVEL: 20

And after surfing to the next area, I got a free latias.

Latias
    NAME: Danielle
    LEVEL: 30

And on the next route...

Gloom
    NAME: Ginger
    LEVEL: 24

And then Dylan was killed by an Aqua Grunt's golbat... And then Ginger was killed by Brendan's marshtomp...

So I'm going to start training for the next Gym. I've replaced Ginger with Snappy and am training him up a little so that he can hold his own in a fight. I want to get Anakin to evolve as soon as possible, but that may require excess grinding.

Sam - Combusken

Anakin - Anorith

Snappy - Trapinch

Owen - Linoone

Genevive - Gardevoir

Stormcloud - Pelipper

BOX:
    Vivian - Taillow
    Urusai - Whismur
    Squirmy - Beautifly
    Potatoes - Marill
    Hannah - Numel
    Brenda - Lombre
    BounceBounce - Spoink
    Richard - Tentacool
    Danielle - Latias

DEAD :
    Raphael - Electrike
    Frankie - Zubat
    Tiana - Breloom
    Dylan - Sandslash
    Ginger - Gloom

DEATHS: 5
    BADGES: 5

10. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    The battle against Winona and her Gym went really well, with no Pokémon dying. Anakin was able to take down most of the trainers on his own, occasionally being swapped out when the fight was getting too tough for him.

Then once we were out of the Gym, Stormcloud was killed by a trainer's milotic. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh........

On the flip side, I caught myself a golbat and named her Floppy. She's on my team now. I've been feeding her all the vitamins I can in an attempt to evolve her, but I haven't had much luck yet. Also, now that Stormcloud's dead, Owen is the only Pokémon on my team who can learn Surf. Now every one of his moves is an HM move (Strength, Rock Smash, Cut and now Surf). He is 100% a HM slave, yet he's still a pretty good battler despite that.

Golbat
    NAME: Floppy
    LEVEL: 28

Here's a few other Pokémon I caught on the way to and at Mt Pyre:

Tropius
    NAME: Nana
    LEVEL: 27

Pikachu
    NAME: Zap

Shuppet
    NAME: Flitty Float

Meditite
    NAME: Cleese
    LEVEL: 31

I evolved Snappy (which took FOREVER) as well as Anakin and Sam. Sam can also Mega Evolve now! Yaaaaaaay! :D I can't wait to get a Mega Stone for Genevive so she can nuke every one of her opponents.

Genevive took down everyone in Team Aqua's hideout on her own. Except the two Pokémon that Floppy defeated. But other than that, she beat everyone on her own.

Then I went to Mossdeep's Gym. I did okay, except Snappy ended up dying. I replaced him with Potatoes as she can learn Dive and at this point, and I should probably have a water-type Pokémon on my team. Though I'm considering swapping her out for Brenda, who's also part grass-type. I might as well evolve Potatoes first, though.

Sam - Blaziken

Owen - Linoone

Anakin - Armaldo

Potatoes - Marill

Genevive - Gardevoir

Floppy - Golbat

BOX:
    Vivian - Taillow
    Urusai - Whismur
    Squirmy - Beautifly
    Hannah - Numel
    Brenda - Lombre
    BounceBounce - Spoink
    Richard - Tentacool
    Danielle - Latias
    Nana - Tropius
    Zap - Pikachu
    Flitty Float - Shuppet
    Cleese - Meditite

DEAD :
    Raphael - Electrike
    Frankie - Zubat
    Tiana - Breloom
    Dylan - Sandslash
    Ginger - Gloom
    Stormcloud - Pelipper
    Snappy - Vibrava

BADGES: 7
    DEATHS: 7

11. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Just a quick update:

Floppy was killed by a wild Pokémon, so I swapped her out for Nana the Tropius. I've been spending most of this time trying to grind up my team so they're strong enough to take on Kyogre, but it's so dang hard when a third of them are more than 10 levels lower than everyone else. We're slowly getting there, though.

I went to the Seafloor Cavern to battle Team Aqua. Archie's sharpedo was tough to take down as it out-sped Genevive, so I swapped her out for Sam and he was able to take it down with one Brick Break.

We've reached the Cave of Origin and I'm trying to train by using the Pokémon there. They're a slightly higher level than the Pokémon in the ocean, so hopefully Nana will soon be strong enough to fight Primal Kyogre. It kind of sucks that the only Pokémon on my team who resist Water attacks are also the weakest...

I also caught a magikarp who I named Splash. I'm never going to use her.

TEAM:
    Sam - Combusken
    Owen - Linoone
    Genevive - Gardevoir
    Anakin - Armaldo
    Nana - Tropius
    Potatoes - Azumarill

12. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Another update!

I caught myself a sableye who I named Chris. Short for Crystal and CHRIS IS THAT A WEED I'M CALLING THE POLICE.

Sableye
    NAME: Chris
    LEVEL: 33

So, I went to battle Kyogre. I decided against using Nana and Potatoes as I had a feeling their resistances against Water attacks may have not been enough to protect them. Instead, I used Genevive, who had the highest Special Defence out of everyone on my team. She was knocked out by one Origin Pulse.

I sent out Sam next, which I instantly regretted. Fortunately, he outsped Kyogre, and his Mega-Evolved Brick Break cut more than half its HP. Kyogre wasted its turn with an Aqua Ring, and Sam was able to beat it with one more attack.

R.I.P, Genevive. If there was anybody I had the most faith in to get us through this Nuzlocke, it was you. Nonetheless, we'll press on.

I spent ages grinding my team up a few more levels before challenging the final Gym.

Fighting Wallace, Nana first KOed his luvdisc, making him use his Hyper Potion. I kept Play Rough-ing the milotic until it fainted with Potatoes (since her Thick Fat ability cuts the power of milotic's Ice Beam). Nana Magical Leafed the whiscash to death. Then Sam Mega Evolved and OHKOed the sealo with Brick Break and Nana dealt with the seaking without much trouble.

Currently training in Victory Road. Accidentally killed my first encounter, so no new Pokémon. Sam, Owen and Anakin are in their mid to late level 50s, while Potatoes, Nana and Chris are around level 40-47. I forsee a heck of a lot of training in my future. Will post again once I battle Wally.

TEAM:
    Sam - Blaziken

Anakin - Armaldo

Owen - Linoone

Nana - Tropius

Potatoes - Azumarill

Chris - Sableye

BOX:
    Vivian - Taillow
    Urusai - Whismur
    Squirmy - Beautifly
    Hannah - Numel
    Brenda - Lombre
    BounceBounce - Spoink
    Richard - Tentacool
    Danielle - Latias
    Nana - Tropius
    Zap - Pikachu
    Flitty Float - Shuppet
    Cleese - Meditite
    Splash - Magikarp

DEAD :
    Raphael - Electrike
    Frankie - Zubat
    Tiana - Breloom
    Dylan - Sandslash
    Ginger - Gloom
    Stormcloud - Pelipper
    Snappy - Vibrava
    Floppy - Golbat
    Genevive - Gardevoir

BADGES: 8
    DEATHS: 9

#12 Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  13. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    It's been done! Wally has been defeated and my team has been ground to even higher levels! I mean, some of them have been. I tried to grind them up, but Nana levels up so slowly... At least I don't really need to use her against the Elite Four, so I've been more or less ignoring most of her training. Except when I didn't and thought 'what the heck, she really needs to level up some more...'

After spending forever training, this is what my team finally looks like:

Sam - Blaziken
    Ability: Blaze
    Level: 60
    Item: Blaikenite
    Moves:
    - Quick Attack
    - Aerial Ace
    - Blaze Kick
    - Sky Uppercut

Anakin - Armaldo
    Ability: Battle Armour
    Level: 61
    Item: Hard Stone
    Moves:
    - Smack Down
    - X-Scissor
    - Stone Edge
    - Slash

Owen - Linoone
    Ability: Gluttony
    Level: 57
    Item: Silk Scarf
    Moves:
    - Strength
    - Rock Smash
    - Surf
    - Cut

Potatoes - Azumarill
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Level: 53
    Item: Lax Insence
    Moves:
    - Dive
    - Blizzard
    - Play Rough
    - Waterfall

Nana - Tropius
    Ability: Clorophyll
    Level: 51
    Item: Expert Belt
    Moves:
    - Body Slam
    - Magical Leaf
    - Fly
    - Leaf Tornado

Chris - Sableye
    Ability: Stall
    Level: 50
    Item: Sablenite
    Moves:
    - Punishment
    - Dark Pulse
    - Shadow Ball
    - Flash

Going to start challenging the Elite Four tomorrow. Will update then. Until next time!

14. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Okay, it's time!

Sidney was up first. I sent out Potatoes first since she was close to levelling up and I figured she might want some extra EXP. She also was the one affected by his mightyena's Intimidate, so Sam had full attack when I immediately sent him out.
    Sam basically just Sky Uppercutted everything to death. Except Sidney's shirfy and sharpedo, who Anakin knocked out with X-Scissor. And then levelled up with Potatoes.

With Phoebe, I sent out Chris against the dusclops. I Mega Evolved him and it fainted after two Dark Pulses. It also used Curse, so I switched Chis out to break the curse in exchange for Potatoes to battle Phoebe's sableye. Her Lax Incense made its Fake Out miss.
    Potatoes then took the sableye down to red HP with one Play Rough. Phoebe then used her full restore to heal it. A Waterfall and other Play Rough kept it down.
    I sent Chris back out again against dusknoir. 2 Shadow Balls knocked it out.
    Then Phoebe sent out banette. Chris KOed it. Chris KOes everything. And then he levelled up! :D

Next was Glacia! Every time I fought her in my first playthrough, she murdered my entire team. Every time I challenged her, she would kill everyone. This time, I hoped things would go better. And things did go better. Sam killed everything in one hit. And then he levelled up. Yeeeeeeeeah!

Then came Drake.
    I sent out Potatoes first. Her Blizzard knocked Drake's altaria down to red HP. He used a Full Restore, but two Play Roughs killed it. Then Potatoes knocked out Flygon with one Blizzard, levelling up in the process.
    Against the Salamance, I kept Potatoes. Its Thunder Fang took her down to red HP, but she was able to take the hit. Her Blizzard (thankfully) landed and knocked it out.
    The next Pokémon was another flygon. I decided to keep Potatoes out. I healed her on the first time and restored her PP for Blizzard on the second turn.
    I figured I might as well keep Potatoes on the field to fight his final Pokémon. A few Play Roughs took it down to low health, but Drake used a Full Restore. I then spent the rest of the time grinding away at its HP with Play Roughs. And then Potatoes levelled up again!

So, now it's time to face Steven! Which I will do later since I'm busy right now. So, until next time!

15. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    YOU CAN DO IT!! I BELIEVE IN YOU, @Mandriel :D

16. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    THIS IS IT. THE FINAL BATTLE. THE ANSWER TO WHETHER OR NOT I SHALL FAIL OR SUCCEED. I'M REGRETTING NOT GRINDING MY Pokémon UP A FEW MORE LEVELS. OH DARN, I'M HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS. IT'S TOO LATE TO TURN BACK NOW. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Will post in a few hours when I get back from work ^^ Heheheh, you're going to have to wait :P

17. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Okay, it's time at last! I'm writing this as the battle is happening ^^

Sam's at the front of my party, so he's the Pokémon to be sent out against Steven's skarmory. I immediately Mega Evolve Sam and use Blaze Kick, which somehow didn't kill it. Skarmory uses Spikes.
    Steven uses a Full Restore and I use Aerial Ace.
    I use Blaze Kick again and the darn thing stays down.
    Aggron is sent out. Sam uses Sky Uppercut, but Sturdy keeps the aggron alive. Aggron uses Earthquake, taking out half of Sam's HP.
    Sam uses Quick Attack, aggron faints. Sam levels up!
    Steven sends out his claydol and I send out Anakin. Anakin uses X-Scissor and the claydol uses Reflect.
    Steven uses a Full Restore. Anakin uses X-Scissor again. Claydol uses Earth Power, which does less damage than I expected.
    Anakin uses X-Scissor one last time. Claydol faints. Yaaaay!
    Steven then sends out his cradily. I restore the PP for Sam's Blaze Kick because I forgot to do that earlier like an idiot. Cradily uses Confuse Ray.
    I use the next turn to heal Sam because why not. Cradily uses Ancient Power, which damages Anakin quite a bit.
    I switch from Anakin to Sam. Sam takes damage from the Spikes and Cradily uses Ancient Power. Not much damage.
    Sam uses Blaze Kick. Don't know what the cradily did because I wasn't looking.
    Sam uses Aerial Ace and knocks it out.
    Steven sends out armaldo. I heal Sam and the armaldo uses Crush Claw.
    Sam uses Blaze Kick, taking the armaldo to yellow HP. Armaldo uses Crush Claw again.
    One last Blaze Kick. KO!
    Steven sends out metagross. I don't swtich Pokémon. Metagross Mega Evolves. Sam uses Blaze Kick and Mega Metagross uses Zen Headbutt. It's super effective, Sam faints!

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Okay, crud. I did not expect that to happen. Mega Metagross is really fast; the only Pokémon I'm confident has a chance of outspeeding it is Owen, but his strongest move is weak against-

Ah whatever. Go, Owen! He's hurt by Spikes, but is able to outspeed the Mega Metagross. He uses Surf, not damaging it too much, but at least it's on red HP now. Aaaaand Owen was just killed by a Meteor Mash.

The current status of my team is this:
    Sam - Dead
    Owen - Dead
    Anakin - Low HP. If I want to heal him, I'll have to sacrifice a member of my team. But he's also the fastest surviving member and has the best defense stats.
    Chris - Full HP. He can't Mega Evolve during the battle and his ability Stall puts him at a disadvantage. He's also 8 levels lower than the opponent
    Potatoes - Yellow HP. I didn't bother to heal her because she's a Fairy type and any hit from one of Steven's Pokémon was a guaranteed KO, anyway
    Nana - Full HP, but none of her moves would do much damage. She's also at a low level

I have a Revive that I forgot to sell that's still lying in my bag and I am so darn tempted to use it, but I can't break the Nuzlocke rules. It's been a fun run, you guys...

I send out Potatoes so I can heal Anakin. He's a higher level than the metagross, so I'm hoping he's either outspeed it or manage to take a hit without fainting.
    Metagross uses Bullet Punch. Potatoes faints.
    I send out Anakin. He's hurt a little by the Spikes. Metagross is faster and uses Meteor Mash...

... And misses.

Oh my gosh.

Anakin uses X-Scissor, and his opponent faints. All of Steven's Pokémon have been defeated.

I think I had at least three heart attacks throughout this one battle. Holy cow. I can't believe I actually ended up winning. All because of a single move missing. Wow. Just... Wow.

So, I suppose that's it. The game has been won. Thanks to all that have read this far, and good luck for any self-imposed challenges you may consider inflicting upon your own playthroughs.

[​IMG]

REMAINING TEAM:
    Anakin - Armaldo

Chris - Sableye

Nana - Tropius

DEATHS: 12
    Raphael - Electrike
    Frankie - Zubat
    Tiana - Breloom
    Dylan - Sandslash
    Ginger - Gloom
    Stormcloud - Pelipper
    Snappy - Vibrava
    Floppy - Golbat
    Genevive - Gardevoir
    Sam - Blaziken
    Owen - Linoone
    Potatoes - Azumarill

18. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Congrats!! That was quite the close call of a match, but I'm sure Sam, Owen, and the rest are proud of you and your team ;w;

19. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    I'm proud of them all, too. At least in the end, their deaths weren't in vain.