1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Bootleg Emerald Copies?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Pizza Bandit, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pizza Bandit

Pizza Bandit Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    So, I've been looking around for a copy of Emerald version. No game stores in my area have any of course. Found a seller on amazon who seems legit, but I was hoping to get a second opinion from people with more experience with discerning fake cartridges. The seller sent me two photos of the game:

[​IMG]

And the logo inside:
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Looks pretty legit to me, I'd buy it. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pizza Bandit

Pizza Bandit Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Cool. Yeah, I thought it looked pretty legit. I'm having him send me a photo of the back of the cartridge too though before I decide.

4. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    The only thing that looks odd to me is that it says 2002. Emerald came out 2005.

5. ThePumkin

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Scizor has a good point! and you should ask him if the battery is dry too! you can still save but clock based events don't happen! its pretty important!

6. Pizza Bandit

Pizza Bandit Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I'm not as worried about the time based events since I'll only be missing tides and berry growing...I believe? It doesn't affect your ability to complete the main game right? Or the game's ability to save?

Found a website comparing fake and legit games. The inside of the real copy also has copyright 2002, or supposedly.

7. bubbie

bubbie Sassmaster

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    if the sticker is holographic its most likely real. it does appear shiny so you might be in the clear. i bought a copy from ebay and it sadly ended up being fake and the sticker is bland - not shiny - so its a huge sign of being a fake.

8. Pizza Bandit

Pizza Bandit Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Yeah, I hate how hard it is to find a real copy. :/ And just to make sure about the copyright date: if anyone still has their Emerald, what's the date inside the cartridge say? Nevermind, did some research and discovered that was just when the PCB design was copyrighted.

9. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Hey guys I checked my Pokémon emerald and it says 2002 on it as well. I'd say its safe to buy it.

10. Pyramid King

Pyramid King Just checking on things

Egg
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.6
    Yes that is legit the fake ones done have that shine.

11. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I'm pretty sure that clock based event things will be on EVERY copy, it's just something they put in regardless.

12. Pizza Bandit

Pizza Bandit Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Thanks for the comments everyone! And very reassuring to know that yours says 2002 as well, Scizor.

Yeah they do, but after a while the internal battery can die which stops the in-game clock. I don't think this affects much, but pretty sure berries won't grow which means contests are not do able.

13. bubbie

bubbie Sassmaster

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    You can actually change the battery pretty easily if you don't mind going into the cartridge - I did it with mine and it worked, the only thing was that since it was bootlegged it wouldn't keep a save. Just look up a tutorial on YouTube.

14. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
  15. Cobalt

Cobalt I'M A HURRICANE

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.6
    The copy is real. I have one of Emerald and it does indeed have 2002 on it. I've checked my copy, too. It's Emerald all right.

16. Pizza Bandit

Pizza Bandit Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Whoops, I guess I never replied to this thread to let everyone know what happened. Sorry bout that! Yup, it turned out to be a real copy. So glad I finally got to adventure in Hoenn, even if it was about ten years later. :D

17. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    If it's fake but works i'll surely buy it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.