1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Portfolio Born of the Dragon's Paintbrush

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Eclipse, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    Very nice work! That rainbow dragon is L I T

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    L I T

::::

Had a fairly productive couple of days recently! I made 3 things in only 24-ish hours:

#52 Tiki - I made this one mostly for kicks, during Vigilance's Signature Of The Month #3 event. It wasn't my first choice - I was actually looking for pictures of the Storm Emperor, but didn't find any beyond its in-game model (which is a fine picture, just an awkward pose) - but I made do. I actually had the pictures for it saved for quite some time (and thus I'd judged it worthy as signature material), so I suppose this would be a form of finally getting around to an old project.

Starving Venom Fusion Dragon (wallpaper) - Going off the original card image, I felt like this would be a pretty good render to make for a desktop wallpaper (not unlike Gandora), since it was rather high-quality and of an appreciable size. Desktop wallpapers are tricky since I can't draw things up from scratch (I have to use existing wallpapers as bases), though I do love hunting for new wallpapers in general, as due to my fascination with space, a lot of them tend to be very pretty! One of the images I used for this I found specifically for the occasion, originally found here. These are tricky but always really fun.

#53 Starving Venom Fusion Dragon - Exactly the same as the above, cropped a portion out of the wallpaper and scaled it down to a banner size. I cropped it to 600x300 and scaled it down to 80% size, for only minimal quality loss. Looks pretty good to me.

I really loved using Prime Photon Dragon as a banner, and the reason I didn't cycle back to an older one was because I was so attached to that one. I wonder what I'll do next...

...I realise at this point that all I have to do is make a signature out of either Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon or Odd-Eyes Phantom Dragon, and I will have completed the ARC-V dragon gamut. That is freaky.
    (I've pondered Odd-Eyes for a long while but have yet to figure out how it would work best.)

3. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    These are all really outstanding! Keep up the awesome work! :thumbsup:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Thank you very much! I shall keep that in mind, for now I have yet another person who wants to see more in the future.

SnowboundBecca likes this.
  5. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    It's been a while! I've been in a creative slump as of late, mostly due to all of the other things going on in my life. However, after crafting two new banners back-to-back (not sure what that says about my mental health), I can now share an update.

Here are the banners I've made since the last time I made a post here:

Mesprit, the Being of Emotion (#54) - I made this for a SOTM contest. I got an idea and stuck with it, though I don't plan to ever personally use this banner (for obvious reasons).
    Diabolos, King of the Abyss (#55) - Mmmmm, I really liked how this one turned out, and perpetuated as I used it. I might move on to Lunatec Dragon as my next project because of how well I liked it.
    Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders (#56) - I made this banner just so I could make a pun. I'm somewhat proud of myself for that.
    Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms (#57) - Sometime a banner looks great but the corresponding avatar looks a little small. This was one of those cases, but I still don't mind.

6. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    I've been trying to be a bit more varied with the works I create, so to that end, my last few works are... quite a bit different.
    As of the last time I made an update post, I've added:

Lunatec Dragon (#58) - Made for the Oktoberfest Signature of the Month competition, with the intent of creating a terrifying ringmaster figure. It did pretty well in said contest, and I'm also personally satisfied with it.

Kaleidoragon (#59) - I liked this a lot more than I thought I would. The colours go together with it very well, and create quite the beautiful image. I wish that this banner had been #60, because I like my significant numbers to be really pretty works. But that made me even more devoted to create...

The Winged Dragon of Ra (#60) - I was concerned about my ability to make something really good for #60, so I started work on 3 (almost 4) banners at once. I progressed a little bit with each one, but I was off to the best start with RA, so I went to finish that one first. I really love the result, though the hardest part was how not to make the head too yellow (with the way I had things layered, that had a tendency to happen).

...On the plus side, my trying to start a bunch at once means that I have 3 to-do projects for banners that I've already started, so more likely than not, those will probably be the next three seen (provided no other idea comes up to sucker punch me). But I look forward to it. It's a fun hobby.

7. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    They are really wonderful! Liked them too much!

8. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    All of them? I'm sure you liked some of them more than others, definitely.
    Were there some that stood out to you as more likable than the others around them? If so, which ones were they, and why did you like them more than the rest?

9. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    @Eclipse, I liked Chrono Dran more than the others. Reason, I dont take much interest in dragons and so this one seemed as the one I'd like.

10. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Into more of the cute side of things, eh? Understandable. Chrono Dran tends to top the existing charts as far as 'cute dragons' are concerned, so I can't really blame you for that.
    If you want, you could also take a look at Omniscience Dragon or Wizard Buster on the dragon side of things; on the non-dragon side, there are a couple things of that persuasion as well, like the Snake Witches.

Cute doesn't always fit my aesthetic, but I like to try and throw in one of those now and again, just to mix things up.

11. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Your new current set brought me here as I wondered what else had changed. While browsing, Interdimensional Dragon really popped out to me. I think the colors on it are fantastic and it flows very well. As always, it's a pleasure to see your work.

12. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    I only post updates every 3 new ones or so, if I don't hear back from anyone. I wasn't up to 3 this time; I only have the two - Shun Kurosaki (#61) and UB-02 Beauty (#62), even though the latter of those has two different versions.

Ah, I want to use Bind Time Dragon again at some point, because although it's a noticeably older work it's something I'm significantly proud of, but I feel like I should be saving it for a really big or important occasion, as (at least to me) it appears to put off a majestic air.

Vigilance likes this.
  13. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Minor update indicating what banners I've added to the thread, that I've used at one time or another:

#63 - Gunner (Etrian Odyssey II)
    #64 - Dazzling Quintessence Crystal, Athora
    #65 - Sheoldred, Whispering One
    #66 - Holy Dragon, Brave Lancer Dragon (currently used at this post)

I'm so close to #70 I can almost taste it. Hopefully I can make it there soon; I have 1 unfinished on backlog, and 1 idea I'd like to use, so I have to fill in the other 2 slots with something else.

14. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I recognized a different avatar from the forum home page and when I went towards this section, lo and behold, you had the latest post in it.
    I like the new set very much.The colors flow really well in my opinion.

I would think '#69' would be more meaningful.

15. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    For you, maybe.
    I might plan something silly for #69, but I want to save the really stupendous stuff for #70.

16. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    I logged in for the first time today, hit my thread first, and saw a Feebas herein. It's the first time I've ever seen one, so I figure it must be a good omen of things to come!

But that's not why I posted here - I can just as easily share that in the Safari Zone. Really, this is a bump/update post to share what I've been working on lately!

#67 Odd-Eyes Arc Pendulum Dragon - This was my last banner used as a Super Mod, and used in transition to Discord Mod, largely because of its colouration (because it fits both). I've grown very attached to it and I believe I'll use it a few times again in the future!
    #68 Sheba (from Golden Sun) - I used this before Arc, because I wanted my exit to be 'prettier', in a sense. I still like Sheba a lot, though.
    #69 Decode Talker - Nothing too extraordinary, but I wanted to at least make some silly joke, and I had an idea I wanted to get out of my head and onto a canvas.
    #70 Sacred Tree Dragon, Rainbow Cycle Dragon - The one you see here right now! I wanted to try my hardest not only to make #70 very significant, but also highly beautiful.

And as a minor note, I did make a small mistake in naming so I fixed it; the full name of 'Nebula Lord Dragon' is actually 'Star-vader, Nebula Lord Dragon', so that one's been re-alphabetised accordingly.
    Enjoy, everyone!

17. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I really like the amount of purple and blue you use, they're such good colors and go together so nicely.

18. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Yeah, I suppose that is true, isn't it? Blue and purple have been my favourite colours to work with, and it's probably because you can do so much with them - also, they're very calming and go well with a lot of things as well. I think that might be why I keep being drawn back to them.

I do like trying other colours as well when I can, though I don't do as well (in my opinion) whenever that happens (with a few exceptions). I'm not totally sure why that is.

19. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Hey, I've been busy again, haven't I?
    So since my last update, what have I made?

...Not Firewall Dragon, apparently. I keep forgetting that is still a WIP and I haven't touched the file for it since... around #60. I really need to get around to finishing that.
    Anyway, what have I been up to?

#71 Lillie - Had been wanting to do this for some time, but wasn't able to really form a mental image and perfect it until more recently. It was right on the heels of Rainbow Cycle Dragon so I was still in the mindset for making beautiful things. Made as a present, not for my own use.

#72 Apoqliphort Skybase - At one point in the chat, there came a silly conversation about replacing letters with C/K sounds with the letter Q, to make them sound more silly/edgy. Doing that to my own username reminded me of the Qli, so I let the idea fly (no pun intended) and there it went.

#73 Gravity Collapse Dragon - Panazel got me thinking about Cardfight Vanguard, at about the same time I wanted to make a dragon banner to get back to my previous aesthetic (because I hadn't for quite some time). Sadly I've already made banners out of most of the CFV dragons that fit my aesthetic, but at least there are some left. This was one of them.

#74 Kaede Akamatsu - Thinking about Danganronpa reminded me that the birthday of Kaede (from V3) is 26 March (today), so I felt like celebrating with a banner. I literally got the idea today and processed it all today, with no prior planning involved. I've also made 2 versions of it.

Now, will #75 be a dragon, a cutie, or something else entirely? I guess I'll find out where my creative spark takes me.

20. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    *wipes off the dust*

...The hell, I'm suprised that it is a thick book of signatures there. I only saw 1/4 th of them before..
    Let's start it.

# Rainbow dragon, that is pretty cool. I really liked it, but too bright lol. Probably I'm used to seeing your signatures with purple, blue and sometimes magenta? Pink? I dont know what color it is called but hope you get the idea.

#Borrelord Dragon- it is bad? I loved that one lmao.
    #Cyber infinity Dragon- It is one of your signatures, I really love. It looks cool and yes I never noticed infinity upto now...after reading dragon's name >_>
    #Dauntless Dragon- Okay, this one is fabulous. I dont know why but I really like it. It's clean, not too bright and blends very nicely with background. (Why am I sounding like I really do know what Im saying lol)
    #Diabolos- If theme was Dark and scary...it really fits in
    #Eclipse Summon- I think that was on your Q&A before and looks nice. Good good
    #Gravity collapse dragon- Colours are nice, everything is nice but I dont seem to point where is dragon's head?
    #Holy Dragon, Brave Lancer- Holy dragon is really wholly dragon. Good job and really like the blue. It is not totally blue and there are shades of different colours from going left top to bottom right, diagonally.
    #Light pulser Dragon- okay I like the light version better than the dark version but both looks nice.
    #Odd eyes arc pendulum dragon- 20 minutes? Oh well, that is really good work done there in twenty minutes. Nice nice
    #Omniscience Dragon- That is adorable actually but not like "awww too cute". I like it, it is in your style with colours which is very nice
    #Redox- redox one really looks like made by different person as it is not similar to other graphics you made but it is not bad. It looks good. Also making a SIG for pun? Shitposter.
    #Sacred tree dragon, Rainbow cycle dragon- oh lord, first time I saw it, it was your pfp and it looked beautiful. But this, full signature one, looks awesome! It is really really beautiful. And .....the full size work looks more beautiful.. beautiful work lol
    #Schwarzschild Dragon- I see gravitational force formula there >_> Experimenting is a good thing which inproves your skill, goodie
    #unknown gem dragon- ayy Ayyy I like the colors. Niceeee

Traditional art? Pencil and eraser? I dont see any T_T get it back on your portfolio

NON DRAGONS-
    #I was expecting a non dragon SIG, but it was you, Dio! This one really looks amazing . It matches Dio and colors are nice and dark. The Dio at last, looks cool as well.
    #Lillie >_> <_< ...>_> good!
    #Shun Kurosaki and Simon Blackquil, both looks niceeeeeee
    ..I think I will stop since all I am saying now is nice lol...cause that what they are xD

I'm looking ahead to your banners, they look really nice and are beautiful so keep it up? lol

I'm tired now writing all this stuff *cracks knuckles* good work!

#40 Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018