1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Brag to me about your Artistic goals!

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Gearpunk, Oct 30, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gearpunk

Gearpunk School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    If you haven't picked it up already, I'm kind of an art nerd. It's almost sad, really. ;A;
    But hey, it keeps me sane and I have loads of fun in the process!! :)

So naturally I'm calling all artists to tell me about your goals! Do you hope to seek the road of a professional? Dream of being a Lead Animator in some Studio?
    Or do you just want to rock out at your desk busting out awesome commissions for all the peeps of the internet and beyond?
    Or maybe you want to learn?

It sounds feeble at first, but there is so much opportunity out there for the creative mind!

So tell me, peeps of Lake Valor.

What do YOU want do? :)
    seriously, don't hold back, I'm a sucker for stories like these and I
    work later today, so gimme something fun to come home to!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Airenee

Airenee Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I'm a simple person, so I'll give a simple (not grand) answer.
    I just want to be able to draw great like the ones in Anime, from the lines, details, shadings, expressions...
    Okay, I lost myself there. Well, you get it. XD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Gearpunk likes this.
  3. PixelPaintbrush

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    So, I just want to be really good at art. get paid for it in the future maybe, and be happy with what I do.

I'm pretty sure G1 Pokémon Anime's theme goes here XD

Gearpunk likes this.
  4. Minthia

Minthia Ruin Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I just draw for fun because I like it. I don't plan on going professional because I don't want it to become well, work, though maybe I'll do it on the side of whatever I end up doing. I'd like to sell my art sometime yeah I think that'd be great I did have an art shop on here at one point actually though I think I only did like two commissions for it, sometimes I'll do requests for people. I'm just trying to learn as I go.

Gearpunk likes this.
  5. Gearpunk

Gearpunk School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    @[member="Airenee"]
    Simplicity never hurts! :D Practice makes perfect! We all have to start somewhere, right? If you really want to get there, keep going!!

@[member="PixelPaintbrush"]
    I'm pretty sure too, lol!

@[member="Minthia"]
    Don't ever worry about it becoming work. If you really love doing it, there should be nothing stopping you. I consider myself professional because I sell copyrights and my concept art is going on things that are going to eventually be sold in the market, on top of having studied in the field, blah blah blah. Along with animations and stuff. But not once have I ever worried about it being "work". And since when did the term 'work' be a bad thing?

Anyways, do what makes you happy, right? We all start somewhere, like I said to Airemee! It's all in your drive to do it! :) Also, did I hear you say commissions?
    I may possibly be interested in the future! (and by that I mean when I get paid, lol)!

6. Minthia

Minthia Ruin Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    @[member="Gearpunk"]
    I guess I'm kind of worried that it might not be fun because I have done art things for people before and fond it unpleasant and not been happy with what I've done, but just gone with it anyway because they liked it (not with anyone here.) I'm sure a job in art would be fun, and maybe someday I might consider it, art is kind a broad topic and different things have interested me I just don't know if I'll actually go through with them. I do however plan on doing art in the future though maybe on the side and if it works out well maybe I'll take it further.

And yes commissions a while back on here I had an art shop and I sold a couple things but it never really went anywhere so it was closed because of inactivity.

Gearpunk likes this.
  7. Gearpunk

Gearpunk School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    @[member="Minthia"]
    Regardless, I wish you luck! :) If something doesn't make you happy, don't do it, right?
    And if you ever open them, let me know. I'm a collector of sorts and love hoarding art from others!!

Minthia likes this.
  8. BadPandaPancham

BadPandaPancham PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    I'm interested in going into graphic design, however I do not and haven't ever had access to my own computer meaning I haven't really ever been able to practice digital art or actual graphic design. I really want to do it though, which saddens me. :[

Gearpunk likes this.
  9. Gearpunk

Gearpunk School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    @[member="BadPandaPancham"]
    That's actually really heart breaking! I know a lot of graphic designers who do a lot of traditional stuff too, but unfortunately that's even more expensive because you have to actually buy all of the materials!

I really really hope you get something soon so you can do more GD stuff!! I'd love to commission you when you do! :D

10. empire_c2

empire_c2 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    *raises fist with a pencil in the air* I'm seeking the road to be a professional!

Ahem.

Something I've wanted to do for a long time is get into the movie industry and direct. I'm hoping to do that now through animation. Right now I'm still in school, but I'm halfway done and eyeing the studios. I may start with a tv one because there are a handful in the city, but my dream is to get into film with Disney/ Pixar/ Dreamworks sorts. My favourite would probably be Animal Logic, but they don't make films as often. Any of them would require moving to the country, but I'm determined.

In the mean time I'm thinking of finally beginning to sell art via commissions and going to cons. I may not be able to do a con this year due to lack of prints. I only have 2 fan art pieces completed. I have a bunch of non fan art though too. I need to set up my deviant art to take commissions.

Gearpunk likes this.
  11. Gearpunk

Gearpunk School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    @[member="empire_c2"]
    Yessssssss I like your drive!! Good luck to your future! Be warned, animation gets REALLLLLLYYYYYY tough and it can be easy to loose sight of what you want. ((Says the animation major that dropped out and pursued the path of self teaching)). Don't let my sob story let you down though. :D That's super exciting!!

And with the fan art, take requests? Take all of the requests!! I've never been to a con before and really want to give it a try!
    What's your dA if you have one? I'd like to check it out! :)

12. empire_c2

empire_c2 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Thanks :D No worries. It was a journey just to enter school. Halfway through my program now and I still have the drive to continue.

Yeah I will take requests. Just need to start getting requests and such. Cons are amazing.
    My DA is EmpireC2

13. Lunar-Peacle

Lunar-Peacle Of Moonlight and a Thousand Eyes

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    I haven't really a goal in the artistic field, I draw because I enjoy it. Well, I would like to improve myself, in the event of so many talented artists out there. I just want to develop my own style and express myself. :D That is for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.