1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'Support Hub' started by Ryan, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    We realize this error now, folks. Please understand the following:

Any feedback you send WILL be received, so do NOT send it another time, if you accidentally sent it a second time, please let a moderator know.

We are working to fix this, however I am stumped right now and Satix is a way on vacation, so it could be a while.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I don't know what causes it, but since yesterday morning I have only been able to enter the site via 3G on my phone, everything else (pc, laptop, wifi on phone) fails to connect. The message I'm getting is a standard message for when our internet is down (and the message is writen in Dutch, so providing it wouldn't help). The weird thing is that it only happens on Lake Valor and, so far, nowhere else. The pc was able to find the problem and it basically said that it couldn't connect to the server.

Now using 3G on my phone:
    1. Is really slow from time to time
    2. Drains my phone's battery really fast
    And it's also not infinite, my provider lowers my internet speed if I use it too much :/. So that's not a permanent solution.

As I said, I'm not sure what causes the connection error, so that why I decided to post here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    It could be what you're using. It sounds bad for your phone AND for LV. It might be an issue with LV so we'll look in to that but if it's draining your battery - that's your phone, not LV that I'd recommend changing that ASAP.

4. Butternut

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    I think I don't understand what you mean, or you misunderstood me.
    I ment to say that because using 3G makes my phone's battery die a lot faster, using 3G is not a solution that I can keep using. I know that it's not LV draining my phone's battery. I just added that to point out why I can't keep using 3G.

If I misunderstand you here, please let me know :)

5. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    No, no misunderstanding at all, I know what you said. I'm saying you should get OFF 3G if it is draining your phone. It could also be the reason you can't use LV on mobile.

6. Butternut

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Ah ok, I see :D

That is the problem though, LV doesn't work in any other way atm, so in order to report this (or just do what I normally do here) I have to use 3G, I turn my wifi back on as soon as I leave.

7. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    Okay i don't wanna PM Message any admins to bother them but here's a bug
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Scafty Said it should be fixed but i just checked today and it's the same result.

8. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    This has been fixed! Try now.

9. Fooze

Fooze Rival

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    The Cometchat (or member chat system) doesn't seem to appear anymore. I've tried changing the theme to see if it was a theme-related issue but no success. Is there a possible explanation for it not showing up? Clearing my cache and cookies isn't solving this bug.

EDIT: I no longer have private messaging capabilities. Why can I no longer send or receive private messages?

10. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    The cometchat was removed by our host for security issues, though they gave us no legit reason why. I'll discuss this further in an update soon.

As for private messaging, that is very weird, I'll look in to it.

11. Fooze

Fooze Rival

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I hope so. It's the kind of thing I would attribute to being malicious, since it's definitely not a problem that everyone is experiencing.

12. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Issue is resolved. A third party app messed with some of the settings we use for Contributor.

13. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Okay, a couple things.

-KK and I both can't access the Mentor Section forum normally. It's not at the bottom of the forums. (I can provide screenshots for myself later, and I guess KK can confirm if that's happening for him.)
    -I'm not sure if it's happening for anyone else, but when KK and I try to edit our signatures we get a "Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions, please try another image" error.
    -For me personally when I go to the "Profile Customization" area in the User CP all I see are options for removing customization, not adding any. Again, I'll post screenshots later when I can.

14. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    We've had these issues before beside the first one. We'll look into this. The second issue is a very annoying bug that can be fixed through permissions, but all of these are permission based things that should already be working. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, it will be fixed shortly.

15. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    This is fixed now!

16. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Yay, thank you!

17. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Not sure if it was an intentional thing but I noticed that shortly after you rejigged the alternate colours for user groups the ones that remain fail to show up on the mobile version. Admins, mods, writers etc etc, their usernames are all the same hyperlink colour differentiated only by the associate 'Poké Ball' of each group (and if you go to their profile page, which strangely enough shows the person's user group with the correct colour). A trivial thing, it's late here but I just thought I'd mention it.

18. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I went to buy a lottery ticket and I sent the numbers but it took me back a page and when I went forward it made me buy a second one. Then when I went to put in the numbers it ate my points and didn't give me any ticket entries. what do I do? <-- Figured it out, sorry for the bother

19. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    I think this is some sort of bug, but I may be doing something wrong.

Resizing text with BBCode isn't working properly for me... but sometimes it does. I have to highlight text and select from the "Size" dropdown to make it work. I don't know why.

Typing the following:

Insert text here
    Results in:

Insert text here

As you can see, it doesn't get any bigger.

I'll test out some other "set" sizes below, since I think they work sometimes... (I'll put the code I typed below it)

This text is size 8.

This text is size 8.
    This text is size 10.

This text is size 10.
    This text is size 12.

This text is size 12.
    This text is size 36.

This text is size 36.

Edit: Lmao what? Size 8 turned out huge... the others didn't work. Yeah something is definitely up.

20. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    I see what it's doing, not sure if there's a fix but I'll ask our coder (IPB is great but some things are odd). It's a weird set up. There are 8 default font sizes, going from 8-48. In the BBCode, instead of it working like you said (and how it should be working), it's associating it with the number on the list.

So:
    1 is actually size 8 font
    2 is 10
    3 is 12
    4 is 14
    and so on.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Pixil likes this.