1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Portfolio BZRich64's Sprite Gallery

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by BZRich64, Jul 25, 2017.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    And here we have the second wave of my Kaiju Collection, featuring various monsters from across the Showa and Heisei eras of Godzilla films. I'll try to keep this in roughly chronological order of when they were introduced.
    [​IMG]
    First up we have Sandslash as Angurius, the first monster that Godzilla ever went up against back in Godzilla Raids Again (1955), who would go on to be one of the Big G's most frequent allies.
    [​IMG]
    Up next we have Crawdaunt as Ebirah, from Ebirah, Horror of the Deep also known as Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster (1966).
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Here we have Scyther as Kamacuras and Galvantula as Kumonga, two giant bugs that debuted in Son of Godzilla (1967).
    [​IMG]
    I used Gligar as Varan, who originated in his own solo film before making a cameo in Destroy All Monsters (1968), simply because nothing really looked like the strange... thing... that Varan is as Gligar happened to have similar wings to the reptilian flying squirrel-like creature.
    [​IMG]
    This is supposed to be Dragonite as Gabara from All Monsters Attack (1969). I chose Dragonite because it was the closest to Gabara in terms of body shape, though Gabara didn't have wings. I thought about just removing the wings, but the goal of this project was to just do recolors without any other editing, so I ended up leaving them there.
    [​IMG]
    Muk as Hedorah from Godzilla vs. Hedorah (1971) is probably one of the most interesting choices that I've made for this project, at least in my opinion. For the most part I've been going off of design, picking Pokémon that look the most like the specific monster they are supposed to represent, but that isn't the case here. Muk looks almost nothing like Hedorah but happens to be based off of the same concept: toxic waist brought to life. This one might be my favorite of this batch of sprites because of that.
    [​IMG]
    And now we have Scizor representing one of my personal favorites, Gigan. On the left is Gigan's original appearance from Godzilla vs. Gigan (1972) and Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla (1974), while on the right is his updated appearance from Godzilla Final Wars (2004).
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Next up we have Exadrill as Megalon and Machamp as Ultraman Zone Fighter, who both originate in Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973).
    [​IMG]
    Emboar as King Caesar from Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla (1974) is another interesting pick, since I'm using a pig-man to represent a dog/lion-man.
    [​IMG]
    This is Haxorus as Titanosaurus from Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975). I don't really have anything else to say about this one other than that we've now reached the end of the Showa era.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    On the left here we have Swoobat as a Dorat, a trio of adorable bat-like aliens from Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991) that would eventually turn into King Ghidorah after getting nuked. On the right is Hydreigon as Mecha King Ghidorah from the same film.
    [​IMG]
    Next up is Volcarona as Battra, Mothra's evil counterpart from Godzilla vs. Mothra (1992).
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I wanted to use Mega Tyranitar as SpaceGodzilla from Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla (1994), but sadly I didn't have a sprite of it to work with, so here's Empoleon instead. Also, Butterfree as Fairy Mothra from the same film.
    [​IMG]
    And finally for this batch, we have Giratina's Altered Form as Destoroyah from Godzilla vs. Destroyah (1995), the last film of the Heisei era. Destroyah happens to be the only monster in the history of the franchise to have actually managed to kill Godzilla, thus bringing the series to a close until Hollywood messed up with their own Godzilla movie and Toho had to step in to show us Americans how it's done with the Millenium series (which is technically part of the Heisei era of Japan, but considered separate from the earlier Heisei films).
    [​IMG]
    I've also done the second of Godzilla's Millennium era opponents, Megaguirus from Godzilla vs. Megaguirus (2000), represented by Yanmega. This is probably one of the best comparisons, since they're both giant, ancient dragonflies with 'mega' in their name.

I don't know when I'm going to be getting back to this project, but there is still plenty for me to do. I skipped plenty of monsters from the Showa and Heisei eras that I'll probably go back and do later (although I have no idea what to use for Biollante) and I still need to do the rest of the Millenium series monsters. Although I think I'm going to take abreak and work on something else for now before getting back to this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I know absolutely nothing about Godzilla but this is a super neat concept! My favorite is muk!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    Here's a bunch of miscellaneous sprites for all of you people. Some are older things that I just haven't posted yet for some reason while most of them are new. Anyway, on to the sprites.
    [​IMG]
    These are fairly straight forward. Its just the legendary beasts with Zoroark's colors. I don't remember why they have so much blue on them
    [​IMG]
    A while ago I started to come up with ideas for a Water/Electic regional variant of Growlithe and Arcanine. I kind of gave up on them part of the way through, though, so they're basically just recolors. I might go back and finish the designs, which were supposed to have the white/gray parts of their fur look more like clouds and have their ears be shaped more like fins.
    [​IMG]
    This is pretty much just a random recolor of Golurk. The red and blue was partially inspired by Optimus Prime, of Transformers fame, with the yellow parts completing the primary-colors. I also put the lime green accents of Golurk's shiny coloration because I though it looked cool.
    [​IMG]
    I set out with the goal of making a vampire Gardevior. I ended up with a just a red and black recolor. I still think it looks kind of cool, but its not quite what I originally had in mind.
    [​IMG]
    I decided to do something with Meloetta, because why not. I ended up giving her Jynx's color scheme. I also considered making a Gardevior version, but then I realized that it would be to similar to regular Meloetto for it to be worth making.
    [​IMG]
    I put Parasect's muchroom on Vileplume. That's it.
    [​IMG]
    I felt like my previous version of Black Fog didn't really do a good job of representing it's size, so I doubles the height and width, and also changed the eyes a bit to better show off Black Fog's creepy stare.
    [​IMG]
    Like most people I find Garchomp's shiny coloration to be a huge disappointment, so I decided to make my own version. I ended up taking inspiration from the great white shark and ended up with this. I really like the way it turned out.
    [​IMG]
    Sawk and Throh remind me of Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street, so I decided to make this. I wasn't really sure how to do their striped shirts, though. I'm thinking about trying to sketch a better version of the pair.

And finally we have Alolan Exeggutor. I didn't want anyone to miss the glorious perfection that is Alolan Exeggutor, so now spoiler tag for this one. You're welcome.
    [​IMG]
    (Probably should have made it taller. Oh, well.)

4. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    This is a bit of a smaller update, but I've got a couple more sprites that I've made recently.
    [​IMG]
    This is Machamp's red transformation from using Synergy Burst in Pokkén Tournament. On the left is just the red Machamp on its own and on the right is with the steam that comes from his body during Synergy Burst (although I may have overdone it one the steam and it doesn't really look like it's coming from his body.
    [​IMG]
    And here we have the Squirtle Squad from the anime. On the far left is Ash's Squirtle, with the other four members lined up in no particular order. If find it interesting that the one on the far right ended up looking kind of like he has a Charmander head.

LostSpirit likes this.
  5. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    squirtle squad is best squad

6. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I really like the attention to detail on the squirtle squad. It took me a minute to figure out the differences across the squirtles.

7. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I felt like doing a couple recolors today and this is what I ended up with.
    [​IMG]
    This is a darker coloration of Gengar based off of his design in the earlier games, using his Gold sprite in particular as a source of inspiration. Personally I prefer the darker coloration better than the lighter purple usually used for it.
    [​IMG]
    I decided to make a dark green Krookodile to make it look more like an actual crocodile. After adding the green, I decided to make the black stripes orange, though I used Landorus' sprite to do so and it ended up brown instead. I decided that I liked it better that way, though, so I kept it as is.
    [​IMG]
    The random though popped into my head of of an Onix and a Steelix attached at the tails after realizing that their sprites would line up well for it and made two versions. The one on the left uses Onix's coloration for both, while the one on the right uses Steelix's. Personally I prefer the second one. I also came up with a little story for it. The were born as a set of conjoined twins attached at the end of their tails and were eventually captured by a Pokémon Trainer. The trainer traded the twin snakes away to a collector of rare Pokémon with a Metal Coat so that it would evolve, but it only the one that was holding the Metal Coat was effected it, leaving them in their current state.

And now I leave you with one final sprite. What is it? Click and see.
    [​IMG]
    WHERE IS YOUR ARCEUS NOW?

SAF likes this.
  8. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    It's only been a day since my last post, here's some more anyway.
    [​IMG]
    Up first we have a blue Scizor. Nothing more to say about this one, really. I just wanted to see what Scizor would look like in blue. Specifically, I used Blastoise's pallet for this.
    [​IMG]
    Up next we have a pallet swapped Pikachu and Marill. The blue Pikachu is based off of 'Pikablue' which is what early sources mistakenly called Marill prior to the release of the Gen II games, while I have dubbed the yellow Marill "Marillow".
    [​IMG]
    And last we have a Sudowoodo/Machamp fusion that I literally just finished a few minutes before making this post. You might ask "Why?". My answer is "Because Wynaut".

9. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I have a few more sprites ready. Mostly just random recolors.
    [​IMG]
    First up is a green Ninjask inspired by Beedrill's shiny colors. I feel that this turned out better than I was expecting and kind of wish this was Ninjask's actual shiny form now.
    [​IMG]
    Next is an orange Lucario. The idea just kind of popped into my head so I decided to make it.
    [​IMG]
    This is another random recolor that just popped into my head. I call it the Delibird Bandit.
    [​IMG]
    This one is Darmanitan Zen Form with the coloration of Darmanitan's normal form. This makes it look like a Daruma doll. If you pay close attention, you can see that I added a pupil to the right eye. This is because it is a Japanese tradition to fill in one of the eyes of a Daruma doll with some sort of goal in mind, then when you finally do whatever it is you fill in the other one.
    [​IMG]
    And finally we have a pair of Pikachu/Eevee hybrids, one a boy and the other a girl.

Wings likes this.
  10. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    The Daruma doll :love: Darmanitan and Darumaka have such a special place in my heart after I reluctantly caught one in the desert nearby Castelia City. I didn't expect much from her, but she got me through Burgh's gym like nobody's business! I think the sprite you made is very cute, my old Darmanitan would be proud :D

11. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I'm back with a new batch of sprites again already. And most of them are more than simple recolors this time!
    [​IMG]
    ...and of course as soon as I said that the first pair are actually recolors. Here we have a pair of Bouffalant colored to look like Mirror B. The one on the left is based off of the gold outfit he had in Pokémon Colosseum while the one of the right is the purple outfit from Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness.
    [​IMG]
    This is a Pikachu/Galvantula fusion that popped into my head so I made it. Or, as I prefer to call it: "OH, ARCEUS! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!"
    [​IMG]
    I was looking at Slowbro's sprite and came up with the idea of swapping out the shell on its tail with something else. I eventually decided that Weepinbell would work well and so I made this.
    [​IMG]
    I have no explanation for this. It just kind of... happened.
    [​IMG]
    A long, long time ago I made a Palkia/Dialga fusion that I named Project X for reasons that I have long since forgotten. I decided to redo the concept but mix their color-schemes around this time around.

12. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    It's been a while, but I have a few new sprites.
    [​IMG]
    The Minotauros
    This legendary creature from ancient Pokégreece was most famous for being trapped in a labyrinth.
    [​IMG]
    Sonic the Shaymin
    The fastest thing alive. Its flower and leaves are based off of Sonic's shoes.
    [​IMG]
    Hanataka Shiftry
    This red Shiftry was inspired by the Hanataka Tengu of Japanese mythology, which Shifty is based off of.
    [​IMG]
    Blue Magcargo
    I've always thought that Magcargo would look good in blue, so I finally got around to testing that out.
    [​IMG]
    Orange & Brown Lilligant
    This idea for a recolor just kind of popped into my head and I thought that I'd go with it. Personally I think it turned out fairly well.
    [​IMG]
    Cloud of Darkrai
    This Darkrai recolor is based off of the Cloud of Darkness, final boss of Final Fantasy III.

RadEmpoleon likes this.
  13. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    @BZRich64 Hey man you're seriously talented! Love your recolors and your creations equally. Minotauros looks like the ultimate bad ass!

14. Toxic

Toxic Idk I'm bored

Lugia Egg
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽176.8
    Very pretty sprites! Perfect shading!

15. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I'm in love with that blue Magcargo! Wish that was what shiny Magcargo looked like instead of the icky magenta colour it's got.

16. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    These look amazing! All of these look really clean and professional. Looking forward to seeing more!

17. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    Wow, that's a lot more comments than usual. Thanks for all of the support, everyone! I've got another batch of random recolors and edits for you all.
    [​IMG]
    I made this Luxray/Darkrai fusion, inspired by the Lynel enemies from The Legend of Zelda. I was originally going to make a bunch of recolors of it based off of the various Lynel types in Breath of the Wild, but Paint crashed while I was half-way through the first one and I didn't feel like going through all of that again. Fortunately, I had saved after making the base, so you still get to see that.
    [​IMG]
    The idea popped into my head of making Drifbloon and Drifblim red with dark clouds, so I decided to make it. The result isn't quite what I had in my head, but I still think that it turned out nice.
    [​IMG]
    I decided to see what Salamence would look like in green and thought that it looked good. Then I realized that it was almost identical to Salamences shiny coloration, so I made the red parts yellow to make it more original.
    [​IMG]
    I felt like making a Rotom/Porygon-Z fusion so... here you go. I wasn't sure whether to give it Rotom's colors or Porygon-Z's colors, so I did both.
    [​IMG]
    I've already made a Gen 2 Alolan Marowak sprite, but I felt like making a Gen 5 one.
    [​IMG]
    This unique Druddigon is made entirely from precious metal, specifically gold, silver and copper. On the left is its standard form, Precious Druddigon. On the right is its dark form, Tarnished Druddigon, where the silver component of its body has become tarnished and the copper has corroded, giving it a green color.
    [​IMG]
    Another random recolor idea that popped into my head.
    [​IMG]
    I saw Glalie's sprite and I was like "Hey, I feel like giving this a body." and then I saw Deoxys' Defense Form and figured Wynaut.
    [​IMG]
    Yet another random recolor. This one kind of reminds me of the Hulk.
    [​IMG]
    I saw Shroomish and Breloom's sprites next to each other and I noticed that it looked like Breloom's head could fit sticking out of the top part of Preloom's head, so I decided to test it out. I regret nothing and yet everything.
    [​IMG]
    You're welcome.

18. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Good work on these! I never knew I needed Dittor in my life until now.

19. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    [​IMG]
    This Altaria recolor was based off of a storm cloud. This actually should have been included about two updates ago, but I forgot to post it. Whoops.
    [​IMG]
    Here we have all of the various kinds of pink Pokémon shown to inhabit Pinkan Island in the anime episode In the Pink. This only includes Pokémon that were actually shown to inhabit the island, not any of the Pokémon that showed up only in Team Rocket's imagination scenes or Ash's Pikachu, who temporarily turned partially pink after eating a Pinkan Berry. I'll probably end up making those Pokémon at a later date.
    [​IMG]
    On the left is a miscolored Breloom from the Advanced Generation anime episode Weekend Warrior. On the right is a custom version based I made that features better color balance. Here's a screenshot of the episode for reference.
    [​IMG]
    I might end up making sprites of the Maril and Shroomish later, though I've been aving trouble getting the color on the Marill right.
    [​IMG]
    I decided to make a green Electabuzz, and found that it ended up looking find of like forest camouflage.
    [​IMG]
    Not much to say here. I swapped the colors of Poliwrath and Politoed. The politoed in the middle is a female, while the one on the right-hand side is male.
    [​IMG]
    This yellow Liepard was inspired by a cheetah.
    [​IMG]
    These Bisharp recolors are based off of the Psycho Rangers from Power Rangers in Space. I included the fake Psycho Silver and even the comic-exclusive Psycho Green.

20. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I'm back again and about time too. I've got a handful of sprite recolors for you.
    [​IMG]
    On the left is Ash's Pikachu after having eaten a Pinkan Berry in the Orange Islands episode In the Pink. On the right is what Pikachu likely would have looked like if he had eaten enough berries to turn completely pink.
    [​IMG]
    I was looking through my Pokémon card collection and noticed a Geodude card which looked kind of like an Onix's head with arms. That led me to the mental image of an Onix with Geodude arms sprouting out of its head. That lead me further to an Onix with arms from each segment of its body, so I made this monstrosity.
    [​IMG]
    I finally got around to making the Lynel recolors I mentioned that I had started to make before when Paint crashed unexpectedly.
    [​IMG]
    I decided to take the Great White Shark inspired recolor of Garchomp I made awhile ago and decided to apply the colors I used for that to Sharpedo's sprite.
    [​IMG]
    I decided to make a recolor of Venasaur based off of my favorite species of frog, the Red-Eyed Tree Frog.
    [​IMG]
    I made recolors of Staryu and Starmie basedoff of Patrick Star from Spongebob Squarepants.
    [​IMG]