1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Portfolio BZRich64's Sprite Gallery

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by BZRich64, Jul 25, 2017.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    [​IMG]
    This trainer sprite was commissioned by @Darkmaster006 at my shop, which can be found here. I primarily used Winona's sprite from Black2/White2 as the base, with the head modified from the Gen IV Parasol Lady. I think it turned out well, though I couldn't get the hair color quite right compared to the reference picture I was given.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I can't believe that I hadn't already made sprites of these three. The Ancient Puzzle of Pokémopolis was one of my favorite episodes of the anime as a kid (partly because it was one of the few episodes I had on DVD, and as such could watch whenever I wanted. Thank you @Darkmaster006 for reminding me that I hadn't already done them.
    [​IMG]
    Among the various relics of the ancient civilization of Pokémopolis shown in the episode The Ancient Puzzle of Pokémopolis is a small Psycuck idol covered in black markings similar to the giant Pokémon from later in the episode. This was my attempt at trying to recreat the idol, though it didn't turn out quite as well as the other Pokémopolis sprites.
    [​IMG]
    In my last update I included recolors of the Abra evolution line based off of Impidimp and it's evolutions. This time I decided to color the Ralts evolution line (sans Gallade) like Hatenna and it's evolutions.
    [​IMG]
    After finishing the above recolors, I decided to try making Gen II a Gen II style Hatterene sprite. It didn't quite turn out as well as my previous attempts at making Gen II style sprites, mostly because Hetterene's design doesn't seem to lend itself well to the small, simplistic sprites of the early games.
    [​IMG]
    I felt like making a Golurk recolor based off of Omnimon from the Digimon franchise, so I did.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SAF, PoserPanda, Gwoomy and 1 other person like this.
  2. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    [​IMG]
    I changed the male player character sprite from Crystal to more closely resemble Ethan's design from Heartgold and Soulsilver. Although you might need to see it side-by-side with the original sprite to actually notice the difference.
    [​IMG]
    I was thinking about starting up a project of making the roster of Super Smash Bros Ultimate into trainer sprites. I started with Simon and quickly realized this wasn't going to work out very well, considering how poorly this one turned out, so I probably won't be making any more. The one on the left is based off of his design in SSBU, while the one of the right is based off of the color scheme he had in Castlevania Chronicles, which was his official design used for several years before Smash Bros. went back to the classic design.
    [​IMG]
    I've been playing a lot of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Complete Edition lately, and decided to make these sprites based off of three color variations of the "Adult Woman" character model. I may make more based off of some of the games other character models at some point.
    [​IMG]
    My latest Hollow Knight inspired recolor. This one is a Volcarona with the color-scheme of Troupe Master Grimm. I always love how these things end up turning out.
    [​IMG]
    Early artwork of Bellossom shows that it was originally intended to have dark skin resembling the other members of the Oddish family. Presumably this was changed to light green to avoid a repeat of the Jynx controversy.
    [​IMG]
    There's an old magazine cover drawn by Ken Sugimori featuring several different monster designs. Most of them never saw the light of day again, but one seems to have been reused as Tyranitar, with some minor changes here and there. I tried to make this look like the original design, but it more closely resembles a mix of the original and final versions of Tyranitar.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Don't ask, because I don't know. I just made it.

PoserPanda, Gwoomy and Darkmaster006 like this.
  3. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    [​IMG]
    I decided to try making a Gen II sprite of Trickster in honor of his return this April Fool's Day. The shiny sprite on the right was based off of what I remember the forum looking like during last year's event, though it ended up looking more like Chester Cheetah. The coloration happens to suit him, though, so I stuck with it.
    [​IMG]
    I tried making a generic ghost girl trainer sprite, though I probably should have lightened up the skin a bit more to make her more ethereal-looking.
    [​IMG]
    This probably doesn't look that different from normal Rattata apart from the whiskers, though the ears and tail shape are slightly different and I redrew the belly patch to more closley resemble Alolan Rattata's. It's not really that noticeable, though.
    [​IMG]
    Just a random recolor idea that popped into my head. I think it turned out pretty good.
    [​IMG]
    Apparently this is my second time making a Charizard recolor based off of the original Gen II shiny design, though I had completely forgotten about the first one until getting ready to post this. Personally I think this one turned out better than the first.
    [​IMG]
    In Spell of the Unown, some ancient depictions of Unown based off of Greek and Cyrillic letters are shown, rather than the standard Latin alphabet we normally see. So, I decided to try making a full set of Unown based off of the Greek alphabet. There are quite a few letters shared between the Greek and Latin alphabet, however, so it was difficult trying to differentiate them from forms that we already have. Some of them feel a bit wonky but overall I think they turned out alright. I may eventually get around to doing the Cyrillic alphabet, but don't count on it.
    [​IMG]
    This is actually an old recolor set that I made quite some time ago but apparently saved to the folder where I normally move my sprites after I post them here, I so ended up forgetting about them until I re-found it while reorganizing my files. Since I apparently made a full set of them before, I decided to try making an animated version now. I also made an animated version, but for some reason I can't post animated .gif files here.

Gwoomy and Darkmaster006 like this.
  4. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I love the Alolan rattatas actually, very cute.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    [​IMG]
    Combee and Vespiquen's orange shiny color is pretty boring considering they're normally yellow. So, I made green versions based off of Beedrill's shiny sprite.
    [​IMG]
    I've already forgotten why I decided to make a pink Garchomp. I think the intent was to make each color be the opposite of what it would normally be.
    [​IMG]
    You all know the joke. Unless you don't, in which case there's a common joke in the Pokémon fandom that Wailord and Skitty are able to breed, despite one being a giant whale and the other a small cat.
    [​IMG]
    I decided to give Lucario the coloration of the Digimon known as garurumon. I then followed it up with BlackGarurumon, Gururumon (notice the first vowel is different) and Garurumon X.
    [​IMG]
    I made an imp, based off of several different Imp designs in the Final Fantasy franchise. The head was the hardest part, as I had to shrink down a Hypno head for it. The body and shoulders came from an Abra, the legs from a Mr. Mime, and I forgot what the rest originated.
    [​IMG]
    I decided to replace Wigglytuff's face with that of Haunter. Things escalated from there. It includes the tongue of a Shellder, the tentacles of a Tentacool, the tails of Tauros and the arms of a Nidoking. I don't recall why I didn't change the legs.

SAF, PoserPanda and Gwoomy like this.
  6. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    [​IMG]
    I started making a color-reversed Gardevoir based off of the Shadow Lugia from Gale of Darkness, and before I knew it I had three good recolors and wasn't sure which I liked best, so I decided to keep them all.
    [​IMG]
    My latest Hollow Knight-themed recolor and the first not inspired by an enemy or boss. I based this one off of an NPC named Willoh, as well as the Grimmsteeds that share her general design. I'd recommend not getting to close to her and if you know anything about Willoh, then you'll know why.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Even since I first saw Eternatus in my playthrough of Pokémon Sword, I've thought that it looked like an Ultra Beast version of Rayquaza. Thus, I decided to make a Rayquaza with Eternatus' color scheme. After making the first one, I then decided to try it with the colors reversed, which I personally think looks better (also kind of resembles Groudon, now that I think of it.
    [​IMG]
    I think Charizard's black shiny is overrated over edgy, so I like coming up with alternative ideas for it. This time, I decided to make a white (actually light grey) version that I think looks much better than the official black shiny. It has sort of an ethereal look to it that's much more visually striking.
    [​IMG]
    I plan on eventually creating Gen V sprites for all of the Alolan variant Pokémon (and maybe the Galarian ones after that), which thus led me to making this Raichu. Not much else to say about it, really.
    [​IMG]
    And I followed up on the Raichu with Alolan Diglett and Alolan Dugtrio (or Dugdio, as I like to call it). With these, I'm now half-way through making all of the Alolan variants (still need Sandshrew/Sandslash, Vulpix/Ninetales, Geodude/Graveler/Golem and Grimer/Muk).

SAF, Gwoomy and PoserPanda like this.
  7. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    [​IMG]
    Yet another Hollow Knight recolor, suggested by @Gwoomy. This Heracross was is based off of the Nailsmith, complete with eyes being perpetually closed. This one was actually hard to do as the Nailsmith has a very similar color-scheme to Heracross, so t doesn't really look too different apart from the white section of the torso that represents the Nailsmith's beard. This is also the first time that I've used a sleeping sprite for anything.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    After finishing the Nailsmith recolor, I wanted to make another Heracross recolor and decided to base it off of Kabuterimon, a Digimon based off of the same type of beetle. Then I felt the need to make a Pinsir recolor based off of its rival, Kuwagamon. Both turned out a bit odd, mostly because neither Digimon have visible eyes in their design (I ended up giving the Heracross reddish pink eyes to corospond to Kabuterimon's gums, while Pinsir got black eyes based off of the markings on Kuwagamon's head.
    [​IMG]
    I was going through my old anime-based sprites and realized that my Pink Butterfree looked nothing like the one from Bye-Bye Butterfree. This new one is much closer to the one from the anime.
    [​IMG]
    I decided to make a Garchomp recolor based off of Mega Garchomp's shiny, and this was the result. Honestly, I think this is much better than what Garchomp's official shiny looks like. Then again, pretty much everything works better than regular shiny Garchomp, which is nearly identical to regular Garchomp.
    [​IMG]
    After finishing the Garchomp recolor, I decided to make a Gengar based off of Mega Gengar's shiny coloration. I like the way it turned out, though I do think that Gengar works better in dark colors.
    [​IMG]
    I don't remember why but I decided to make a blue Blaziken.
    [​IMG]
    I made this while the Arcadia Virus was controlling my account, based off of the colors of the Virus' icon.

8. Darkmaster006

Darkmaster006 PKMN Breeder

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    I love the Shiny Garchomp!! That Pinsir looks sick. And it's always great to remember Pink Butterfree. Always love your sprites :D.

9. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    Wow, its apparently been months since I last did any Pokémon sprite edits. Time sure does fly bu when your working on other stuff, but here are a few quick recolors I did this morning to get back into the hang of things.
    [​IMG]
    Seel and Dewgong feel like some of the blandest Pokémon ever made. Even just giving them a light blue tint to their fur feels like it makes them pop just a bit more.
    [​IMG]
    The Pikachu family have really boring shiny pallates, that basically just add a slightly orange tint to their yellow fur. So, I decided to make them a much more vibrant orange instead.

[​IMG]
    Not much to say here. I just took the normally brown Relicanth and turned it grey instead.
    [​IMG]
    In the spirit of Halloween yesterday, I felt that I needed to make at least one creepy sprite for this update, so here's a black and red Spiritomb to make an already unsettling Pokémon that much darker.
    [​IMG]
    I've heard that Hydreigon was originally designed as a military tank-dragon hibrid but the design was toned down to remove the military aspects (that's why is has the tank tread stripes on its underbelly. So, I decided to add the military theme back it its design with a jungle camouflage-inspired color scheme.

Gwoomy and Darkmaster006 like this.
  10. Darkmaster006

Darkmaster006 PKMN Breeder

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    Can never get enough of your sprites, dear BZ! I love that Orange Pikachu line. That'd fit very well with Raichu's planned evolution, Gorochu:
    [​IMG]