1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Cameron the Photographer

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by LostSpirit, Feb 14, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    "Hello, just when you least expect it! I am Cameron the Photographer. You look so photogenic! Why not have a picture taken?"
    Cameron the Photographer loves to take pictures. He'll take a picture of you and your party, and sometimes with other notable NPCs like Gym Leaders!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Did you like taking pictures in HGSS? What did you think of it? Did you use often? Other thoughts? What did you think of Cameron himself?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    The only times I used it were when I wanted to see how my team's sprites looked haha. Other than that I didn't do much with it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I loved this feature xD Every time I could take a picture I would do it.

4. brsajo

brsajo Idioddish

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,218.2
    I liked it when I wanted to take a photo, but Cameron is so annoying when you don't expect him and you're looking for NPCs that give you Items/useful information.

5. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I personally didn't take pictures because of the pixelated mess. I honestly forgot about Cameron until I saw this thread.

Now that we're out of the pixely mess that was the DS era, I now enjoy taking photos in the Gen VI games.

6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    This guy was a major stalker, haha. I'd love to see this feature incorporated on a 3DS game though, with your Pokémon with you especially.

7. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I took a few pictures initially but that hardly lasted very long; the feature was adorable but there was little incentive for me to use it and I ended up forgetting about the poor guy entirely. ;_; Am sure I would've loved it if the photos weren't so basic in appearance.

8. Treecko007

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I loved keeping a journal of sorts, watching my team grow *wipes tear from eye*
    He was pretty cool, and I liked taking photos with Gym Leaders

9. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I used it a bit, but I didn't really do anything with the pictures, I didn't keep a journal or something like that. I just took a picture from time to time whe nI wanted to see what my entire team looked like.

10. J.J. Knight

J.J. Knight IMΔGINE|DREΔM|CREΔTE

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    This makes me want to go rebuy HeartGold and SoulSilver for this feature alone. It's really a great mechanic that I'm glad that X/Y continues, though I wish it also captured the Pokémon in the picture as well.

11. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I think it was really cool how Cameron photographed your journey pretty much. It was amazing getting to see all of the stuff that happened in my journey and when certain team members were in certain forms.

12. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    The first time I played SS, I talked to Cameron every time I saw him, even in repeat locations. It was nice to be able to see how my team changes. Here's me with just Totodile and Hoothoot whatever, and now here's me with six giant ferocious beasts flanking me. It was nice. But lately when I've been playing SS romhacks, I've just blown right by him. I don't value the sentimental growth of my team any less, just I'd rather go about my own adventure and remember it myself. It was nice the first time though.

Also, I've lately kept adventure journals, usually updating at each Gym, so why rely on Cameron to keep track of that stuff for me?

13. ⑨ニコ〜ニコ

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I honestly never took pictures of my team in the game lol, it was a feature I totally forgot about.

14. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I liked this feature! Whenever I found Cameron, I rearranged my party Pokémon so that my starter was in the first spot (I liked it to be next to me), then take the picture. With this, I could keep a kind of picture diary of which Pokémon used to travel with me as well as to see their growth progress and to record new additions to the party.

15. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    This was so cute, and I always took pictures, well, when he was around~!
    I always rearranged my Pokémon until the pose was just right.

16. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I, personally, loved Cameron! I really loved recording, like a journal, how much my Team grew and changed. I remember the only Pokémon being Totodile, and then, when I finish the game, Lugia, Latias, Latios, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza. Ah, how quickly life changes!

I also loved taking pictures next to Gym Leaders... especially Blue in Cinnabar Island!

17. Pokeman

Pokeman GERMAN SCIENCE IS ZHE FINEST IN ZHE WORLD

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I only did it after my team looked really tough and whatnot. Then I got the picture taken to bask in the glory of how cool my team looks. Despite the fact I didn't take the photo and an NPC did.

18. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Personally, I loved this feature. In fact, I tried to fill up my photobook with what I considered to the more rarer photos with Gym Leaders and Champions. What I loved was just how simple, yet cute the photos were. Depending on how you went about taking photos, you could see just how far you've come in your journey. This feature was one of the things I loved about HGSS because it really gave you more of a way to reflect on your journey as time went on.

19. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    Cameron was always good fun on nuzlockes. You could take a photo, get mollywhopped by Chuck and look back with a smile. It was a better version of the journal in DPP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.