1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Anime/Manga Can you identify this anime?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wolf Expert, Jul 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    A couple days ago I randomly remembered an anime I watched for a short time years ago, originally either on Cartoon Network (probably Toonami) or Adult Swim. I can't remember the name of it though to look it up. I don't remember much about it and I remember kind of getting bored of it, but I'm not sure if it's because it wasn't that good or if I just couldn't really appreciate it at the time.

From what I do remember, I think that the main characters ended up travelling to another world. I think there were two main characters, both male, and they ended up going to the other world at slightly different times, so I think they were apart from each other for a while. I vaguely remember something like little gems/spheres being used to upgrade weapons or something and I think there was some sort of tournament? There were flowers that glowed in moonlight and a female character who I think was a princess who at some point wished she could be reborn as a bird so she could fly away.

As I'm describing it, it sounds a lot like another anime called MAR, but I know that's not it. It had a more serious tone to it and a less cartoon-y art style.

If anyone ever manages to tell me what anime this is, I guess I'll use this thread as a discussion thread about it after the fact.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Do you have any idea what the genre might have been? That would make searching a lot easier.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I found an anime called Ragnarok the Animation, which wasn't perfect, but seemed to resemble what you were saying. Otherwise, I'm getting mostly obscure news stories. :sweat:

4. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Action? Adventure? Fantasy? Something along those lines.

Edit: pretty sure it's not Ragnarok, but that looks interesting.

Edit again: It's Kiba! @Junkrat mentioned it last night on Discord. So I guess I'll watch it now and see how well I actually remembered the few details I was able to remember. I think I already got something wrong. I vaguely remembered a character putting the shards (the spherical gem things I mentioned before) into his arm or leg or something, but I also thought I vaguely remembered them being added to a sword. I thought adding them to a weapon sounded more likely so that's what I went with. Who knows, it might be both. I really don't know!

So has anyone else seen this anime before? What did you think about it?

#4 Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018