1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Staff Post Captain's Logbook: Azure

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Vigilance, Jul 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    This is a thread where @OzoneFruit and @HeroofFire101 will post detailing daily briefings and what needs to be accomplished etc.

They may @ you as a post here and nudge you to do something. Don't respond by replying back (that defeats the purpose of this thread). Instead, either "like" the post to acknowledge you'll get onto the task assigned or PM them to discuss matters.

This was created on Ozone's request.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    OzoneFruit likes this.
  2. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Thank you Vig! All right, starting off the Captain's log:

A summary of Week 1's events:

• We won the the Pokémon Cry Challenge! Hooray!!! *_*
    • @Jason-Tyler-Monroe was our star Shiny Hunter this week! Congratulations Jason! :D
    • We've already got some great art going for the Beach Collage! @Shockwave and @BZRich64 good stuff!
    • @Shockwave was our top gun for the Asteroids game. Shoutout to them for the highest score on both sides!
    • (Good, I think?...) We won the first Scramble Showdown Battle, but only because of a technicality with Team Crimson breaking the "no duplicate items" rule. Rules are rules though, so be happy that we won, :)
    • We had a good deal of brainstorming in the Fakemon and Design-a-Type Challenges! :D
    • WILLY THE WAILORD

• We started strong off in participation then... kinda crashed and burned. We had only maybe a quarter of our team put in effort, and the rest of you were honestly a bit radio silent. To the people who posted around in the forums and/or helped solve the Discord Puzzles, thank you! Any and all help really, truly is appreciated, and it's the whole point of Summer Scramble to get the community to start working together! *_* To the people who didn't contribute, please have all hands on deck next week! You're part of the crew, and we expect you to do your part!
    • While we had a lot of brainstorming in the Fakemon and Design-a-Type forums, the actual voting turnout on what we should go with was... less than satisfactory. Again, PLEASE participate in the group!
    • We unfortunately fell *just* short of winning the Asteroids competition. It was a REALLY close game though, so I can't complain! I'm proud of everyone who shot those space rocks and UFOs! ;)
    • We also unfortunately were beaten to the punch by Crimson on both of the Discord Challenges so far. I know not everyone can be on Discord, but to those who can possibly get on, PLEASE step in. We are currently almost always outnumbered by Crimson members, and we need more brains solving the puzzles!

All right, that's all from your Captain for now! I look forward to seeing a full crew next week! ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
  4. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,645.7
    You pinged our team mascot. Hilarious. Also, I do agree with all what he said. I sadly wasn't on because my summer job has no, I repeat, no WiFi, but we cannot let ourselves lose this. Come on, we can pull this together! Team Azure is a ship, and we are your Captain and First Mate, so get it together, maties!

OzoneFruit likes this.
  5. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4

This is your captain speaking!

I have another update for everyone!

First and foremost, we have now entered the second phase of the Fakemon Design and Create-a-Type Challenges!
    • For the Fakemon Design, we have decided to go with the Piscine + Avian Design! The new discussion thread can be found here!
    • For the Create-a-Type Challenge, we have decided to go with the Sound Type! YELLING INTENSIFIES. That discussion thread can be found here!
    That's all for the forums updates!

Onto Discord!

• After a bit of head-scratching and wanting to strangle Halcyon, we successfully answered the newest riddle! Team Crimson was unable to provide a correct answer, so that once again places us in the lead for Discord Tokens! Good job team! *_**_**_*
    That's all for now! Captain Ozone signing off! o7

FNT and FireSpartan5 like this.
  6. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4

This is you Captain speaking, with another update!

This on is gonna be brief, but it's important! A Mini-Post Fest event has started! Posting 50 times by midnight Monday July 16 PST will earn the team a Scramble Token, so crack your knuckles and get typin!

I'll be raiding all the Q&A sections I can for members of the team! I'd recommend you all do the same!

BE SURE TO SIGN UP ON THE POSTFEST THREAD BEFOREHAND AND STATE YOUR POST COUNT AT THAT TIME.

All right, that's it for now, Captain OzoneFruit signing off!

FNT likes this.
  7. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4

This is your Captain speaking, bringing you a summary of last week's events, and a forecast for the upcoming week!

• We ABSOLUTELY KILLED IT at the Tetris Competition, outscoring Team Crimson by more than ONE MILLION points. Great job team, give yourselves a pat on the back!
    • We've made significant headway designing out Fakemon! Flying Airplane Fish is best fish.~
    • We got some more members to the crew! If you haven't already, be sure to say hi to @InkyGuy and @Darkmaster006 ! :3
    • Yours truly was able to beat Team Crimson at the Summer Showdown battle against Ridlins! As your captain, I am proud to say I maintained my fighting skills!
    • We had a lot of great entries into the Writing Challenge! Now all that remains to be seen is who is declared the winner! :3

• Team Crimson still beats us EVERY TIME at the Discord Events, from the AMA to Lookers Mysteries. If you can get on Discord, PLEASE participate and help the crew out. As @Shockwave has said in this post, one of the biggest, if not THE BIGGEST reason we are still behind right now is because WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH PARTICIPATION. I know you all have things you like to do during the summer, but we CANNOT afford to have any dead weight with the current standings. This goes for both the forums AND Discord events!!!!

• Arcade Gaming Week 3 is up and this time, it's PacMan! Wocka wocka wocka, get over to the booth and eat some dots and ghosts! And be sure to send a screenshot of your high scores here! @Vigilance has given us an update on how the winners of the Arcade Events will be determined, and PART OF IT IS BASED OFF OF THE TEAM'S TOTAL COMBINED SCORES FOR THE EVENTS. So try to score high!!!!
    • We are currently hunting Manaphy and Mesprit for Professor Azelf's new challenge! We already have found Manaphy in the Support Hub, as well as Team Crimson's Uxie in the Creative Studio. We have good reason to believe Mesprit is hiding somewhere in the General forums, so go out and search for it! MESPRIT IS THE PRIORITY, AS EACH PERSON WHO CATCHES IT GETS US 1 SCRAMBLE TOKEN.
    • Get those cameras out and take picture for the Photography Challenge!!! We have very few entries atm, and this could be our opportunity to make a comeback in participation!!!
    • Also get drawing for the beach collage!!! Even if you drawing isn't your thing, as long as you put in effort into it, you'll help us get a better chance at winning the challenge!!

All right, that's it for now! Captain OzoneFruit signing off! o7

FNT and Grimwave like this.
  8. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4

This is your Captain speaking, bringing you a summary of last week's events, and a forecast for the upcoming week!

As a reminder, we are now in the final stretch of Summer Scramble. Now more than ever, we need PARTICIPATION. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, SO I'M TYPING THIS OUT IN BIG LETTERS. PARTICIPATE IN EVERYTHING YOU CAN. EVEN IF YOU THINK YOU'RE NOT GOOD AT IT, MAKE AN ATTEMPT! NO ONE HERE IS GONNA LAUGH AT YOU FOR TRYING! (AND IF THEY DO THEY'LL HAVE TO SPEAK WITH ME :U)

• HUGE Progress has been made on the Sound Type Document. Great job everybody! We'll be wrapping this up soon!
    • We've completed 2/3 designs for the Flying Fish Pokémon, along with some stats and evolution items as well! (We still have to finish the female evolution though! ;) )
    • We're doing awesome in Pacman so far, with nearly double the participants of Crimson! As of this post, there's about 30 hours left to submit Pacman scores still, so get those submissions in pronto!!!!

• Last Week was kind of a dead week, for both Crimson and us :P. Not a lot participation from either side; I think a lot of people had vacations/work hours planned or were just a bit on the tired side. Seeing as Crimson didn't do too much either, I won't complain too much, but let's get back into the groove and finish this event off with a bang! :D

• Arcade Gaming Week 4 is up! Pew pew pew, it's Space Invaders!!! I made little guide here for people who want some tips and tricks on it (I've also included a scoreboard that I will update regularly; if I don't see your name as the week closes, expect a nudge from me :U). Go shoot down some aliens!
    • If you haven't caught it yet, try and hunt down the newly released Mesprit! Each team member who catches Mesprit will earn us another Scramble Point! (If you need PP funds for Pokeballs, don't be afraid to ask here!) As a reminder, Mesprit can be found in the FESTIVAL PLAZA.
    • We are currently voting on whose photo will be used for the Photography Challenge! As you should all know by now, I expect the majority of you to vote :U Don't put this off!
    • We currently have 5 submissions for the Beach Art Collage challenge. I'd love to see more art made for this! You don't have to be a Van Gogh or da Vinci (Arceus knows I'm not :P), so don't be afraid to make some doodles! I really want to see this collage turn out awesome; it'll show what a great team we are~ *_*

All right, that's it for now! Captain OzoneFruit signing off! o7

FNT and LostSpirit like this.
  9. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    @AHumanCalledRyan @Arc1Dragon @Arctiquaza @Barandofl @Butternut @BZRich64 @Canpake @dangokura @Darkmaster006 @DIO @endmaster4390 @FireSpartan5 @FNT @Geroniny~ @Greenly @Haunted Ditto @Hawthorn @HeroofFire101 @InkyGuy @Jason-Tyler-Monroe @Jeydis @Laserdragon14 @lia @LordEevee2005 @LostSpirit @LunarRabbitPikachu @Merdrabolt @OzoneFruit @Phanderr @Pikachulover0927 @Pory-ZPlayz @Punk @RegionRunner150 @Riptide5738 @RWBY_Lover @Serena-chan @ShadowJCreed @ShaysShaymin @ShireHime @Shockwave @Smarty_Pants001 @Sugar

We're finally approaching the end of the Summer Scramble! The Create-a-Type and Fakemon Challenge entries have been submitted, and we're currently waiting to hear back about the Writing Challenge results! Give yourself a round of applause so far everybody!! You've all done a great job!

Things we still need to do:
    1. Keep getting in Space Invaders scores!!!! We're doing great so far, but we still have less than 50% participation on the scoreboard!! We've consistently done better in the arcade challenges, so let's keep it up! I've been updating the scoreboard here if you want to take a look!
    2. CATCH. MESPRIT. Remember, Mesprit can be found in the Festival Plaza Forum!!!! If you need PP for Pokeballs, don't be afraid to ask! I have a bit to spare, and I'm sure a lot of the other crew members do as well!
    3. Beach art challenge!!! Again, lots of great entries so far, but I'd still love to see more from everyone! You don't have to consider yourself a da Vinci or Van Gogh, just draw what you think would be nice on a Pokémon Beach and share what you got! ^^ Share your art here and I'll add it right away! If you need some inspiration, some of the Pokémon other members would like to see include Wingull/Pelipper, Pyukumuku, Corsola, and the Popplio line! The current collage is attached below, with entries from:
      1. @OzoneFruit
      2. @HeroofFire101
      3. @Arctiquaza
      4. @Greenly
      5. @LostSpirit
      6. @Shockwave
      7. @Jason-Tyler-Monroe
      8. @BZRich64
      9. @Merdrabolt
    4. The Catcher Anniversary Art Thread! It's another art thing, but don't be intimidated! As long as you put effort into it, we'll love it! ;) Remember, the art has to be of Professor Azelf, or of you and and your Catcher Pokémon/an experience you've had with the Catcher!
    5. Shiny hunting!!! We've only had two entries for Shiny submissions so far! Remember, anything goes this time around, so any Shiny you catch and submit a screenshot of is fair game!!
    6. The Final Mini Posfest! Get to raiding those Azure Q&A threads! Everyone who gets at least 50 posts in before midnight on Sunday gets a Scramble Point! IF YOU HAVEN'T STARTED ALREADY, BE SURE TO POST HOW MANY POSTS YOU HAVE IN THE THREAD ABOVE BEFORE YOU START.
    All right, that's it I think! We're drawing to a close, so in case this is my last log, I'd just like to say it's been an honor serving as your Captain during this event. I hope you've all had fun, and hopefully I did a decent job trying to coordinate stuff! ^^' I'd love to be team up with everyone next year!

Captain OzoneFruit signing off o7

Attached Files:

LostSpirit likes this.
  10. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
  11. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    @AHumanCalledRyan @Arc1Dragon @Arctiquaza @Barandofl @Butternut @BZRich64 @Canpake @dangokura @Darkmaster006 @DIO @endmaster4390 @FireSpartan5 @FNT @Geroniny~ @Greenly @Haunted Ditto @Hawthorn @HeroofFire101 @InkyGuy @Jason-Tyler-Monroe @Jeydis @Laserdragon14 @lia @LordEevee2005 @LostSpirit @LunarRabbitPikachu @Merdrabolt @OzoneFruit @Phanderr @Pikachulover0927 @Pory-ZPlayz @Punk @RegionRunner150 @Riptide5738 @RWBY_Lover @Serena-chan @ShadowJCreed @ShaysShaymin @ShireHime @Shockwave @Smarty_Pants001 @Sugar

We're in the final 36 hours of Summer Scramble. Time to get down and get some serious work in peoples!!!

We're still trailing behind by 13 Points, and we now only have 3 more events to make a comeback in:
    1. Catching Mesprit: FESTIVAL PLAZA. ASK FOR DONATIONS IF NEEDED.
    2. Beach Art Collage: We still have had only 9 members out of 42 make stuff for the collage!!! Please draw something if you haven't already!!!
    3. Catcher Anniversary Artwork: We have only 2 out of 42 members with a submission so far (Me and @LostSpirit ) Again, PLEASE draw something!!
    If we don't have a lot of entries within the next day, WE WILL LOSE. Not, maybe, not might, we WILL LOSE.

Here are the current standings for the events we can still do.

Uxie and Mesprit catcher.PNG Beach Collage Scoreboard.PNG Catcher Anniversary Art Scoreboard.PNG

PLEASE FINISH STRONG TEAM.

Captain OzoneFruit out.

#11 Jul 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    LostSpirit likes this.
  12. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4

There are now 4 HOURS LEFT until Summer Scramble closes. Here's another update on the current standings.

Final 3 Challenges.PNG

As you can see, we've regained the lead in catching Lake Guardians, and nearly doubled the number of Beach Art entries. Good work so far! However, we remain behind in the Catcher Anniversary Art.

At the moment, I'd say we've at best barely broken even with Team Crimson, and, given their amount of participation, are still behind.

Don't stop working hard until it's over!!! We still have a very good chance of pulling ahead, but we need everyone to band together and pull through as a crew!!!

- Captain OzoneFruit

LostSpirit likes this.
  13. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4

Well, we're in the last half hour of the Summer Scramble. If anyone can still get in entries for any of the challenges, please do so. Every little bit helps. I'll keep updating the tables until midnight.

No matter the turn-out, I wanna say that it was an honor serving as your captain. I hope I did a good job of keeping the team organized and in high spirits, and I had an absolute blast doing all the events with you guys. I do wish more of the crew could've gotten in on the action, but I LOVED working with everyone who played a part in making this event awesome. Rounds of applause all around, sound the cannons, bring out the food and drinks, and raise the ship flags high as we sail into the sunset. It's been fun, Azure Crew. I'd love to band together again next year.

o7 Say "Until next time!", Willy!

Wailord Mascot SMALLER.png OOOOOwwwoooooOOOOOaaaaa

- Captain OzoneFruit

14. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    @OzoneFruit you did an amazing job as captain! Thanks so much for all of your hard work and motivation!

OzoneFruit and Laserdragon14 like this.
  15. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,645.7
    Hey everyone, HeroofFire101 here, and I got to say, good job Team Azure. I would like to apologize for not being on a lot for Summer Scramble, as I didn't know that my job(s) would take up all that time. Still, good job all participants. To be honest, I don't care if we win or not, as we can look back onto this as a fond memory. I am proud and still surprised that I was your First Mate of the SS Azure. NOW MAKE LIKE A PIRATE AND PLUNDER!!!

16. Merdrabolt

Merdrabolt Hex Maniac

Umbra
    (Zorua)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3.1
    Darkinum Z ★★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I've really enjoyed this event and it helped bring me out of my shell a lot!
    I'm gonna miss it but I had fun all the way!

17. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    Oh man, sorry for not being around much, but I had a lot of fun with you guys! Special thanks to Ozone for working so hard as our captain. Hope to see you guys in the next Summer Scramble! :)

18. FNT

FNT Collector

Storm The Fort
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.2
    Ultra Ball ★★
    It was a good run, really enjoyed being with all of you.
    Until next time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.