1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Cartoons, Old or New?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Sep 29, 2015.

?

Cartoons, Old or New?

1. Old Cartoons are better

66.7%
  2. New Cartoons are better

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Since I made a similar thread about music, I might as well do this about cartoons. And the title suggests it all!

I'm more fond of old cartoons, even though I'm part of the latest generation that is 'poisoned' by cartoons with terrible values and morals. Since I am blessed with a very good memory, I can very well remember the wonderfully animated cartoons that were very meaningful. They include shows from ABC that I spent the best time of my life with, my early childhood). I very much miss the old shows in Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Disney and the ABC's.

I believe that these old cartoons have a lovelier meaning than all the cartoon we have now, most done with CGI and to suit the modern kids. I sort of feel sorry for those kids who will never be able to watch the shows that most of us were accustomed to, such as the old Tom and Jerry - the newer versions of this show cannot replace it, as well as young children's show including Bob The Builder which was practically destroyed.

Shows that I miss from the bottom of my heart include The Land Before Time (although I watch it on my trusty analog television and it's on cassette), Jane and the Dragon and Harry and His Bucket Full of Dinosaurs.

As for new cartoons, I believe a lot of them are ridiculous, as well as ridiculously animated with ridiculous meaning to them. They are, I think, created to suit the taste of modern kids/teenagers and are often silly and crazy with no serious plot. One show includes Teen Titans Go!, that although I like it, is completely different to the old Teen Titans (was this intentional?). I prefer the old Spongebob episodes to the newer ones, while some shows I believe are pointless.

What do you think?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Shada likes this.
  2. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Admittedly almost all of my favorite cartoons are from recent years, though very few are remakes of old cartoons and some of them are from non-English speaking countries. I think there are more noticeably bad cartoons in modern times, but there are also plenty of good ones that tend be overshadowed. Several years ago there were only one or two cartoons I liked, so I'm grateful for the good modern cartoons.

Land Before Time is very good but I can't really think of any old cartoon besides that I like, unfortunately.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,926.7
    While there have been some good cartoons now (examples: Phineas and Ferb, My Little Pony, and Wander over Yonder), the vast majority of them (at least to me) have been "meh" at best, and flat out "blaugh" at worst.

Classic Looney Tunes and Disney cartoons are just as funny now as they were then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.