1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Cartoooooooons

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pokémist, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    We all watched cartoons when we were kids, some still do. At least,me. So what were/are the cartoon series you used to watch as kid? Which one was your favourite?

I used to watch many. Like, Ben 10,Powerpuff girls,we bare bears, tom and jerry, dragon tales,lonely tunes and a bunch of anime which I consider as cartoon though they are not like Crayon Shinchan, perman and doraemon.
    Weirdly my favourite is Shinchan and Ben 10.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I watched so many cartoons as a kid, listing them all would be impossible xD Some of my favorites were Ed Edd n Eddy, Wayside and Tom and Jerry. I also really liked the already mentioned Ben10 :P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I've watched Way to many cartoons as a kid. Listing them all would just be a nightmare. Some of my favorite cartoons were Courage the cowardly dog, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Forsters home for imaginary friends, Tom and Jerry, and Ben 10 (as a kid amd teen).

4. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    oh, gosh, trying to remember all of them, but I'll try my best:
    American Dragon
    Ben 10
    Tom and Jerry
    Bugs Bunny
    Sonic X
    and a bunch of others that I don't remember. :3

5. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    A whole bunch!
    • Xiaolin Showdown
    • Powerpuff girls
    • Jackie Chan's Adventures
    • Totally Spies
    • Ed, Edd, n Eddy
    • Kim Possible
    • and a whole bunch of anime like Sailor Moon, Hamtaro, Cardcaptor Sakura, Pokémon, Digimon, Medabots etc

6. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    My favorite cartoon ever to watch as a kid was Catdog.

7. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I surely can’t remember all the ones I’ve watched when I was younger, but I do watch some at the moment: My Littke Pony and Steven Universe (<— awesome)
    btw there are gonna be new SU episodes in april hhhh i’m so excited *_*

8. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Oh man, I've watched so many late 90's/early 2000's cartoons as a kid. Listing them all would be futile. :sweat:

But there was one cartoon series that really stuck out to me, and that was CyberSix. It's aged pretty well, and I highly recommend watching the complete series if you guys haven't already.

9. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Pretty much all of the above, minus a few of the anime mentioned. One of my favorites that I haven't seen listed yet was Code Lyoko.

10. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    The one that hasn't really been mentioned yet that I adored was Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote. My friend had all the episodes on DVD and we used to act out all of the scenes because we knew them so well. But most of my children's TV was snatched on Saturday mornings when we visited my uncle (since we didn't have cable, it was a treat to be able to wake up and watch Pokémon, which I couldn't watch anywhere else).

11. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    So many good recommendations! A few more not mentioned jump out at me to be worth mentioning:
    - Invader Zim: such high-paced, crazy antics and unpredictable humor. It gets dark in its styling, but it's not horror/evil/twisted, it just has a visual style that sometimes looks like it.
    - Young Justice: Okay, Teen Titans was really good, but Young Justice is even better. It's probably got the real-est characters I've seen in any television, live or animated. The way it shows the struggle of transgender identity, chosing between work and friends, being a parent struggling to bond with his child or that child struggling with the identity of being of child of his parent, the hard truth that sometimes doing the right thing is a thankless job; it's just all so good and so real!
    - Batman and Batman Beyond: both fantastic works, and icons of animated superhero works. Also by extension Justice Leage and Batman Brave and Bold, which is a refreshing and youthful reflection of the Adam West era of Batman.
    - Avatar: Both series, The Last Airbender and Korra were both fantastic, and hold a very special place in my heart.
    - Samura Jack: I started watching this again a few months ago, and it is incredibly artistic. I loved it when I was little, but even then I did not have an adequate, critical appreciation for it as a work of art. It's also so fun to hear Mako as Aku, that role was truly made for him and his laugh. May he rest in peace.

12. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I didn't have access to a lot of 'classic' 90s-early 00s cartoons as a kid since my mother didn't really have the money to afford Cartoon Network or any of the other big animation channels. So I missed out cartoons like the Powerpuff Girls, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Samurai Jack, Danny Phantom, etc.
    But I did have VHS collections of some cartoons. I loved watching the Rugrats, Pingu, the Loony Tunes, and the Fairly OddParents on VHS/DVD, and Dragon Booster, Skyland, and Total Drama Island on the 'free' kids channels. I still love all of these shows and want to re-watch them in the future (already halfway through Skyland).
    As for cartoons I love watching today, well, here is a list:
    - Adventure Time
    - Regular Show
    - The Amazing World of Gumball
    - Clarence
    - SpongeBob (older seasons)
    - Teen Titans
    - Steven Universe
    - We Bare Bears
    There are probably more that I can't remember at the moment though :P

13. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I don't remember watching many cartoons as a child, or while growing up. I don't remember most things I did while growing up, come to think of it.

There is a cartoon I watch now, though, and it's Sonic Boom. It's the only show of any kind that I watch now, and that show is basically like a drug to me. You might as well call it The Mike Pollock Comedy Power Hour and I wouldn't notice the difference; it's that good.

14. SawstheSawsbuck

SawstheSawsbuck Sir Sawsbuck

Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽560.5
    Master BallLegendary Triforce ★★
    i watched really anything on Nick and Cartoon Network in the mid to late 2000s

15. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Humm, let me see...it might be a long list.
    Loony Tuns
    Tom and Jerry
    Kim possible
    Ben 10
    Generator Rex
    Teen Titans(original)
    Skunk Fu
    Young Justice
    Spongebob
    Fairly odd Parents
    and of course Avatar, the last Airbender
    My favorite is Avatar. Its such a great and well made series. Some of its themes really resonated with me as a kid and as the show grew so did I. Easily one of the best shows that I have come to watch in any animation. I could never get into korra. It was just such poor writing.

16. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    You guys have got to be kidding me. Not a single person mentioned Phineas and Ferb yet?!? For shame. But yeah you guys got just about everything else.

17. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    I remember watching so many cartoons as a kid (and I still kinda do). Now let's see...

- Class of 3000, which no one seems to remember or even know.
    - My Life as a Teenage Robot
    - Johnny Bravo
    - Courage The Cowardly Dog
    - Recess
    - Codename: Kids Next Door
    - Catscratch

.... aaaaaand a whole lot more. Man I miss those shows. Certainly Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network's golden age.

18. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I've heard only positive things about Sonic Boom, perhaps I should check it out once.

I watched a buttload of cartoons as a kid, however most things by now have already been listed. I actually never watched Avatar as a child, so I just recently watched it with my girlfriend and my god that's a dope show.

19. U44151

U44151 Sailor

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽196.0
    • tom and jerry
    • kick buttowski
    • kid v kat
    • samurai jack
    • the powerpuff girls
    • kipper
    • oswald
    • justice league
    • dragonball z
    • kochikame
    • beyblade
    • digimon
    • Pokémon
    • jackie chan(not sure if this was the name of the show)
    • courage the cowardly dog
    • ed,edd and eddy
    • popeye
    • dexter's labratory
    • ben 10
    • transformers
    • detective conan
    • Recess
    • yu-gi-oh!
    • Johnny Bravo
    • super robot monkey team hyperforce go
    • spiderman
    • road runner
    • looney tunes
    • baby looney tunes
    • scooby-doo
    • mr.bean-the animated series
    • batman
    • the pink panther
    • teletubbies
    • teen titans
    • kids next door
    • the grim adventures of billy and mandy
    • foster's home for imaginary friends
    • camp lazlo
    • dragon tales
    • richie rich
    • ratman
    • superman(the first animated series)
    • the jetsons
    • Hagemaru
    • teenage mutant ninja turtles
    • Bakugan
    • Detective Conan
    • Kya Bakra hai
    • Tensai Bakabon
    • strawberry shortcake (wtf)

20. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    i sure as hell miss the golden age of teen titans, that's for sure