1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Castles and Comedy (RP Thread)

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by ChocoChicken, Mar 1, 2020.

1. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    @Fchicken77 @Barandofl @Jupjami

Welcome to the small town of Appleby's, where you can order either the apples or the bys. Jokes aside, the town is small and in the center of a plains area near a river. It's not that large a town, but not too small either, which says absolutely nothing about it. Its main produce is oranges.
    The three of you run into each other just outside a small tavern. You can hear a constant stream of chatter throughout the tiny crack in the door. A sign says "All weapons must be left outside." There's a weapon rack, not unsimilar to an umbrella rack. You also find yourself standing next to each other, and none of you know the others. What do you do?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Eleran, would pay no mind to the elf and dragon born. He would place his crossbow and three daggers on the weapon rack, and make his way into the bar.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Farrah shrugged and placed her dagger on the rack. She then proceeded to walk into the bar.

4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    Within the tavern, several dozen other humanoids milled about. A single extremely frazzled-looking bartender tried desperately to keep up with orders. A loud chatter blocks out anything you would want to hear from a distance - in fact, getting close is the only way you can hear something. A singular bathroom door is closed near the back.
    At several tables, you see several different people. A few in particular catch your eye. A swashbuckler rogue peers over a map at a table not too far away, frantically writing and rewriting things. A frantic cleric frantically discusses things with a ranger. A studious old lady muses over a book of monsters, while a knight stands upright not too far away, looking around with a suspicious glimmer in their eye.
    What do you do?

5. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    (oops didn't get the alert sorry)

Naz shrugged as he passed the sign (he has no real weapons besides the darts he keeps for emergencies). Seeing the book of monsters with the old lady interests the dragon born and he approaches her.

6. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    @Jupjami
    "Oh, hello there," the old woman says when she notices his approach. "Are you looking for a seat, or would you wish to talk?" As soon as she finishes the sentence, she drops her head back into the book, almost as if she already knew his answer.

7. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    (Sorry for taking a while, I was waiting for our fourth player, enderpearl, to post, but then I noticed that you didn't ping him... whoops.)

Walking into the tavern, The loud noises were the first thing that Eleran noticed. He cursed under his breath, knowing that listening on others talking for some rumors wouldn't be an easy task. Eleran scopes around the tavern, looking for any nearby gossiping adventure party, until he notices what seems like a cleric and a ranger frantically discussing things. Smiling, he decided to sit down on the closest table to these two and listen in on their discussion.

(Do I need to make a perception check?)

8. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    (Ah, sorry! They haven't put their stats down yet, I think...?)
    (And yes, please make a perception check. Would you prefer to roll your own dice or should I?)

9. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Farrah looked around, seeing people with all sorts of occupations. She watched the other dragon born and half-elf from earlier approach several others in the tavern, assuming they were already acquainted, though she only thought lightly of this. The area was new to her, so she decided to ask around. She decided to approach the knight, believing he was the authority in this area.

10. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    @Fchicken77
    The knight looked over at Farrah, seemingly surprised - and a little wary - that she came over to them. "Good day. What brings you here?"

11. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    "Well I just got interested in what you're reading," Naz muttered, peering at the book from the old woman's side. "Monsters, huh, that's a fun thing to read about..."

12. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    @Jupjami
    "Ah yes. I find them quite fascinating," the elderly woman responded, a gleam in her eye. "Of course, they are dangerous and a good many of them are evil, but as to why they are evil... that is the current topic of my research."

@Barandofl
    (Perception check rolled a 2 (+2) which makes it a 4. F.)
    The only things he picked up from their tones and gestures were that the cleric seemed exceedingly distraught and the ranger was trying to calm them down.

13. enderpearl

enderpearl Bug Catcher

Sliem
    (Goomy)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽115.6
    (I'm not dead! Woooo!)
    Eska glanced at the weapons rack, contemplating briefly, before setting down her crossbow and daggers and walking into the tavern.
    The strangers inside immediately catch her attention, especially the woman reading the monster book. Approaching, she manages to catch the tail end of the woman's sentence: "....as to why they are evil... that is the current topic of my research."
    A fellow academic?
    Eska has always loved collecting knowledge. She stands at the fringes of the conversation, not yet sure how to join in.

14. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    @Jupjami
    @enderpearl
    "For example, take kobolds," the old lady continued. "Compared to things like the gibbering mouther and driders, not all of them are evil - most of them simply are forced to server stronger, more destructive beings."

15. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    "Ah yes, kobolds," Naz grinned, placing his hands behind his back. "I remember meeting a few of 'em before, tricky bastards stole my stuff... Besides that, however, they didn't do nothin', and I was able to get back my items~"

16. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    (Can I make a perception check?)

“I’d like to ask about this town, as I just arrived here today.” The elf explained. “Also, have you witnessed anything suspicious lately?” She asked as she took a quick look at the studious old lady, catching a bit of her words, before shifting back her focus.

17. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Realizing he wasn't going to understand a single word that came from this duos mouths, he decided to let curiosity get the better of him, and made his presence known. Standing up from his chair, Eleran turns around towards the distraught cleric and ranger, and begins speaking.

"Hello there, Sorry for butting in, but I couldnt help but notice that you sound distressed. Is something troubling you two?" He asked the duo, hoping to get a response.

18. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    @Jupjami
    The old lady smiled at him from over her book. "Perhaps there's a reason they acted like that?"

@Fchicken77 (what for?)
    "Well, I'm not from around here either. I was trying to get some help for my own village. Heard this town attracted all sorts of adventurers." The dragonborn shrugged.

@Barandofl
    "Oh, hello there," the ranger said. From here, Eleran could tell both of them were half-elves. "We're in quite the predicament. A local temple of ours was..."
    "Completely and utterly taken over!" the cleric cried, quietly enough that he wouldn't draw attention to himself. "Someone has taken control of it - and one or two of us are still trapped in there!"
    "Elirus and I came here looking for help, but..." The ranger looked around. "We... haven't really talked to anyone yet..."

19. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    (I think Farrah tried to overhear the old woman)

"Ehh, I don't care much about their intentions~" Naz shrugged, grinning widely. "I came out of that predicament unscathed; tired, but unscathed; no harm done, so no need to investigate further~"

20. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,313.6
    (oop, yeah. @Fchicken77 do you want me to roll or roll by yourself?)
    @Jupjami
    "Fair enough," the old lady shrugged. returning to her book.