1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Cats vs dogs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BiohazardSr, Oct 20, 2015.

?

Do you prefer cats or dogs?

1. Cats

58.3%
  2. Dogs

41.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    It's the agree old question. Do y prefer cats or dogs? Why did you pick that one? Any personal stories relating to your choice? Also yes I'm well aware there are other cooler pets (tortoises are fucking rad), but it of these two which is preferred?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    Dogs are smart. You can play with dogs. Dogs are stupid. I've seen them run into walls. At least they're loyal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. VeryButter

VeryButter Overly Buttered Artist

Ukko
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.2
    Cats are cute, noble, know how to handle themselves alone (my cat lived in a container for 2 weeks without dying or being heavily malnourished!), small and generally lazier than dogs (which I find an advantage because then they're not constantly asking for a walk or licking you)! I love them!

Also the fact that dogs won the NA Cats vs Dogs Splatfest because of popularity and as soon as it came to EU I finally had my chance for revenge! dogs were more popular

4. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Cats rule, dogs drool.

Oh snap, I went there.

In my experience, dogs are noisy, too personal, and take over a house with hair, scratched floors, and toys. Cats are quiet, give you space, and mind their own business. I used to pretty much live with my old girlfriend and her roommate, and the whole house was woken up by the dogs almost every night. Meanwhile, her cat has never woken me up and my own cat has only woken me up twice in fifteen years. Sure, cats can't be trained and aren't as good for playing with, but at least they don't grow to 100 lbs and still try to jump onto your lap as you sleep.

5. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I love every animal (as probably everyone knows). I know it's none of my business, but I hate picking one animal over another. I love both cats and dogs, and I don't see why people have the tendency to pick one over the other. Dogs are loyal. Cat's are loyal. Dogs are kind. Cats are kind. Dogs and cats might litter the house with hair (which is NOT THEIR FAULT), but people litter all over the place (which is THEIR fault (and not everybody)). Cats are extremely intelligent. Dogs are extremely intelligent. They are both creatures that are unique and wonderful and have a beautiful place in our world. Each is a different species with an entirely different behaviour, so I don't see the point of choosing one over the other. Let's not be ruff, though! (<Bad pun)

JirachiWish likes this.
  6. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    If it comes to stereotypes, than cats are more favorable to me. However, there are some dogs that I like much more than cats. For example, small dogs such as chihuahuas, dachshunds, beagles, terriers, and pomeranians are absolutely adorable and really great pets. Cats are small and fluffy, but they tend to get irritated sometimes when they don't want to be cuddled. Dogs on the other hand, well usually most of the time they will cuddle with you no matter what. Dogs are much more energetic and can be easily persuaded with food. Cats are a little bit more challenging to persuade with food. Its all based on personal experience too. There have only been a handful of cats I've been fond of, while there has been so many dogs of all sizes that have been wonderful pets to babysit. Dont get me wrong, I am not a fan of the giant, drooling, scary looking dogs, but for the most part my preference towards small dog breeders is greater than that for cats in general.

7. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I don't believe in a bad dog or a bad cat. I shall never hate an animal or even the slightest bit dislike them. However, I can only remember my auntie's cat, Zain. He was the funniest cat I've ever seen! Always so friendly, he would cuddle up to everybody he met and acted as if he wanted us to laugh with him. Unfortunately, he got stolen some two years ago and I always hope he's safe.

8. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Both dogs and cats are cool, but I only like dogs in theory. Sure they're smart, loyal, and most of them look cool, but I had several bad experiences with my parents' dog when I was younger. It didn't like anything smaller than itself and would regularly bark at me or attempt to lunge and bite me for no reason. I know that doesn't represent all dogs, but that's stuck in my mind for years and I just can't bring myself to feel comfortable around dogs.

I love cats, though. Having a cat feels more like having a roommate while owning a dog feels like having a child. I like that cats are more independent but still enjoy your company, it gives them more personality in a way.

9. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I personally prefer cats because they are so calming to me and I admire their stealth and hunting abilities. Their fur feels super soft to touch and their purring is one of the best kinds of stress-relievers out there. They also all look cute and beautiful to me.

I've seen people dislike cats because they scratch but I've had various different cats all throughout my life so far and only was scratched once when I was holding my cat outside and she got startled when a car drove past. Cats scratch when they are scared or threatened, so obviously they will lash out at strangers or if they're touched in a sensitive area.

Despite loving cats so much I don't dislike dogs in any way; I see no reason to and I wish cat people and dog people wouldn't fight so much. I can't say much about dogs because I've never had one but I'm sure they're awesome pets too.

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ likes this.
  10. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I prefer dogs due to having less of a fear of them? Don't get me wrong. Cats are great, but if I don't know a cat and it gives me the stank eye, back off. Dogs are in my opinion a bit friendlier and stupidly cute. You can't tell me they aren't cute.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.