1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Challenge runs and ORAS

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by guest, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    I generally find that different games in the series play differently when challenges get involved. Some are easier than others, some are a drag. Personally I find ORAS to be pretty good for nuzlocke runs, haven't really tried any other challenges on it yet. But what about you guys?
    Which challenges have you attempted in ORAS, and how did they go? If you've done them in other games, how does it compare? Are there any you would recommend?
    If you have any memorable challenge run moments from ORAS, share them in your reply!

2. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    You're drowning us in topics ;;

ORAS is good for beginners, just like RBS is considered the best place for nuzockes. In my opinion you can chose whether to play it easy or hard. The Exp. Share, the Level cap and the Wonderlocke as well as the potion limit and Pokémon center limit can really starve you of the win sometimes but makes it all the more rewarding when you do win.

Anyways, this can count to all games right?

ORAS gives you diverse types from the Get-Go. Meaning that before the second gym you could have a dark type, a fighting type, a water type, a fire type, a normal type and a bug type. Already a full team and only encountered the evil team once.

In a nutshell, I find ORAS better for starters, you can then progress to eventually the hardest in opinion, HGSS

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Well when ORAS were just released I did a blindlocke on OR which is where you play a nuzlocke without having played the game before ever. I've also done wonderlockes and right now I'm doing a harder than normal nuzlocke on my second copy of OR by restricting the number of balls I can buy and I'm not allowed to buy healing items at all. I've also restricted the number of Pokémon I can use in the start and as I progress I'm allowed an additional Pokémon here and there till I hit 6.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.