1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Champion Wallace

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Prosecutor, Jan 12, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Wallace is personally one of my favorite champions, but a lot of people out there seem to put him as the easiest champion due to how weak he is to grass/electric types.

I didn't like his design in ORAS, but I liked it back in generation 3 before he decided to dress really weirdly...

Anyways, did you have any trouble with him? I most certainly didn't because of his lack of diversity.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Treecko007 likes this.
  2. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    [​IMG]

Wallace was banned to Ubers in ORAS for being too fabulous.

Anyway, I remember struggling with him. I'm not sure which Pokémon it was that was difficult for me, but it was almost certainly Milotic... and maybe Wailord. Don't remember. Either way, I really like Wallace, mostly because he's a great character in the Pokémon Adventures/Special manga.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I personally didn't like Wallace as a champion, but more as a gym leader. However, he did represent Hoenn a lot better.
    The thing about him for me, was that his team didn't have a lot of coverage compared to the previous champion Steven. Steven somewhat made more of an impact as a champion as he actually did more things around the region such as checking out the whole thing that happened with Groudon/Kyogre. Wallace more or less appeared at the end of the game, really only introducing you to want to do to save the region.
    Wallace, also has a pretty fragile team, and really wasn't as diverse as I would have liked it to be.

4. eeveeongirl

eeveeongirl Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.6
    I liked him as both, granted i never faced steven as champion despite me having sapphire originally (sister deleted game, then got emerald shortly after..) idk, frankly they both aren't the best champions in team build but I love their character with Wallace having so much more to give in style. *_*

5. Wiso Altred

Wiso Altred Dragon Tamer

tetsu
    (Ledyba)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.8
    Wallace is one of my Fav Gymleaders but as champion well not so much in gen 3 wallace would just tell you about Kyroge/Groundon then leave u to do wht u want untill u go challange his gym i rly liked wallace tho because he seemed this cool and collected guy his team was rly bad i remmber having a hard time with milotic tho.. other than than i swept his team

6. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I always was a bit confused about who exactly Wallace was. He was just there, but I didn't really know anything about him. Steven is a much more logical choice for the Pokémon Champion, while Wallace should just keep being a Gym Leader. I can't say I really like him, but he does good at being a Gym Leader.

7. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Wallace should've stayed a gym leader, he's not a great champion, although I didn't have too much trouble with him as a gym leader either. He's just not too great of a trainer I guess xD His design is amazing though, I laughed so hard.

8. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I only had trouble with Wallace the first time I battled him - most of my Pokémon were fire types and I didn't know that Wallace was a water type Champion. (Give me some slack, this was my first game).

Wallace is one of my favorite champions for sure, since he's Hoenn born. But my favorite still goes to Steven. He's just awesome.

9. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Wallace was more fitted as a gym leader. I'll always prefer Steven as Champion, because without him as Champion, his role is in the post-game and quite insignificant.

Anyways, his Milotic was pretty annoying to face at times. Other than that, easy as pie.

10. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Wallace is so fancy. I was pretty happy to see a change in champion! Now I want an Emerald remake with him as champion.

11. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Agreed - his OR/AS design is just awful. I used to think he looked pretty cool but now I don't even want to say what he looks like because it won't be appropriate for the forum, hahaha. x~x

But nope, Wallace was probably the easiest champion in any Pokémon game to me. I used an electric type against most of his team bar Whiscash since electricity had no effect on it, and iirc that was his opening Pokémon. Overall it was so easy to OHKO him and I found him hardly worthy of the champion title. Steven, come back!

12. Treecko007

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I personally didn't have that much trouble with him, cause i always picked Treecko (Team treecko represent)

13. Lunar-Peacle

Lunar-Peacle Of Moonlight and a Thousand Eyes

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    I only played Emerald. I do feel that Wallace doesn't seem to be an easy one at that. His Pokémon (I'm looking at you, Milotic.) are quite tough. Despite that, he doesn't give a big impression as a good champion, I admit.

His clothes in ORAS leave me.... Unsure of what to say. His previous outfit was simple and nice. I understand the need for showing off his fabulous self, but...

Call me biased, but I am fond of Juan as a Gym Leader as well ^^ so I can't say that I like Wallace as a Gym leader or a Champio, but not to say I like him without a post. His ORAS clothing would grasp more appeal for contests methinks?

14. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    I always had a grass type on me, so I always beat Wallace with just a Sceptile. The only time I had trouble with him was when I went through a play through with Swampert, and I had no weaknesses to water. That fight took forever.
    If you dont have the type to beat water, it's a battle.

15. 8-Bit-Eevee

8-Bit-Eevee Crow of the Tempest

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    The way I see it, Wallace is just filling in for Steven, the way Lance fills in for Red. In that respect, I suddenly like Wallace as Champion much much more, seeing as I'm not particularly fond of Lance. Bias alert. I do think he was more interesting as a gym leader, but the way his Champion status tied into the Ruby and Sapphire games was just as much so. I felt that he could have done a bit more around the region, but hey, not everyone can be like Steven.

16. Doctor Tomiz

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I kinda like him, although Steven is still the better champion. I guess I have a soft spot for him because he uses my favourite type.

17. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I don't mind him as a Champion too much, but I definitely prefer Steven to him. He's still cool, though, and it's nice that he has some more involvement with the story in ORAS, especially postgame! His team as Champion was easier for me to take down than Steven's team, but it was still a challenge since I tend to favor fire-types.

18. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I was very inexperienced, so I had a little bit of trouble against him. He was interesting, but you didn't see him much until the end of the main storyline, so he just seemed like he was kinda put there. Steven was a better champion imo.

As a gym leader, Wallace was cool though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.