1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Champions of Unova

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Sheep, Oct 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Two new champions were introduced to us come the release of the fifth generation games: Alder and Iris. These champions were available to battle in B/W and B/W2 respectively, with Iris taking on the role of the eighth gym leader in Black and White before being "promoted" to champion in the later sequels.

Which of the two did you prefer? Who did you feel was harder to defeat and had the better team? Do you feel any of them had more of a "champion demeanor"?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Achromatic likes this.
  2. DJTiki

DJTiki Game Development Team

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.2
    Well I loved the Unova Champions, both of them were awesome. Well the harder one for me was Iris. She had a lot of strong Pokémon like her Hydregion or Haxorus. But on Challenge Mode, she annihilates EVERYTHING. So Iris was the tougher Champ out of the two. But on Alder's side, he defiently had a more "champion demeanor", he was wise and kind and brought alot of well-deserved points. So Unova had an awesome line up of their Champions, although I am slightly sad Colress didn't make it as Champion. Only slightly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I wasn't a HUGE fan of the Unova champions, but I liked Iros better, if only because her team was more awesome in my opinion haha!

4. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    They didn't really stand out to me as great characters, but they were still better as Diantha (like that's hard to do). Iris seemed to have the tougher team, while Alder looked a bit cooler. And they both have very unique hairstyles xD

5. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I personally prefer Alder since he looked really cool. I thought Alder had a more Champion feel to him, but in the end I think Iris had the better team and was harder to defeat.

6. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    The fact that he uses the same 'battle cry' that I use when doing karate, makes Alder immediately cooler :D. Aside from that he just looks like he actually worked to become the champion and he even though he loses to N, he still looks like a though opponent. So I definitely prefer Alder.

7. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    I liked Iris more, she was quirky and more fun to battle in my opinion. Alder felt more forgettable somehow.

Though I do think Alder had more of a "champion demeanor" than Iris, especially in the games, Iris was pretty bubbly and unprofessional heheh, but that's part of the reason I liked her so much.

8. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Alder was cool with his red hair that moves when he just stands there before he tells you something or does something. Iris is adorable and I love her character and team! Boom! Dragons darling!

9. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I like both Alder's and Iris's designs, but Iris is definitely my favorite out of the two. Something about an adorable, kickass Dragon princess as the Champion is just awesome, haha.

10. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    Iris she's a Princess. ALL HAIL THE MAJESTY. But seriously when you see her in BW your just think she's completely Adorable Gym leader. And when BW2 comes your like "How did you get there but not me??"

11. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    I don't think I even got around to battling Alder in BW? I didn't really see a reason to >_>;; I should go back and replay one of them and face him off.
    Iris was pretty good, I liked the change in her appearance and her theme was nice to listen to. From what I can remember, her Archeops was bothersome for at least one of my teams. I don't very often have dragons or ice types on my teams so that made her a bit bothersome in general.

12. Synthesia

Synthesia Bird Keeper

PokéPoints:
    ₽67.7
    Irls was a good character; dragon type "mono" was a intresting team for a champion.

13. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Iris as Champion wasn't believable to me, although I will say she was slightly more challenging than Alder. I like Alder better because he has that classic Champion attitude and that physical appearance of a person you can take seriously.

14. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    Alder was the best champion of Unova in my opinion, but I was saddened to see him lose to Team Plasma.
    But he's cool, and chill like the rest of the champions in Pokémon~

15. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I prefer Iris. She had an awesome battle theme and you actually got to battle her like usual. Alder was pushed to the side by N and Ghetsis which was pretty sad to see. He never felt like a real champion to me. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.