1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Changes of heart

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by RadEmpoleon, Dec 15, 2018.

1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,124.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Is there anything about Pokémon that you’ve had a change of heart about?
    Examples-
    I used to hate this Pokémon but now I love it!
    I used this unpopular Pokémon on my team and now I love it!
    I don’t know why I ever loved this Pokémon.
    Why did I not see all the flaws in this game before?

I’ll say a few, and I’ll try to be short:
    Route 209 from D/P/Pt. I believe as a kid the very beginning part was what I didn’t like about it, and I refused to listen to it. I also preferred route 210 and I didn’t like how much attention 209 got. Years later, I listened to it and was confused as to why I hated it. Sure, it does have a lot of attention, but I think it’s pretty good.

White 2. My first game was Diamond and I loved it. The next game I got was White 2 and I was disappointed because “it wasn’t nearly as good as Diamond”. I thought the music wasn’t nearly as good, either. Yep, I was blinded by bias. I gradually came to love this game, especially the music.

Tsareena. One time a few months after getting Sun, I looked around in my Pokédex and saw Bounsweet and Tsareena (but no Steenee). I didn’t know how they got in there, but I looked at Tsareena and thought “how does this cute little cherry (yes I know now they’re not cherries) turn into this thing?” I also thought it looked ugly. So I caught a Bounsweet and evolved it into Tsareena just for the Pokédex and after a bit, I fell in love with her. I love that she’s a physical grass type fighter, breaking the “stereotype” of special grass type fighters. Also her design is really good. Now she’s my 4th favorite Pokémon.

Mega Slowbro. I never played ORAS but I first saw Mega Slowbro first in Pokémon Shuffle and they only use the heads of Pokémon, so I didn’t actually know what it looked like. Then I saw what it looked like and I didn’t like it. It wasn’t until my playthrough in Sun that I actually used one, and I actually like it. It’s another reason why I love Slowbro.

I used to love Pachirisu, but I haven’t seen it appear in the wild since Diamond. So I haven’t been able to (try to) use one.

(I used the word “also” way too much in this post)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Litten. When it was first revealed it was by far my least favourite out of the Alola starters. Thought it was way too edgy looking.
    Then Incineroar was leaked and I grew attached to its design, so it was settled that I'd choose Litten as my starter. At this point I still wasn't a fan of the fire kitten, but I wanted Incineroar so bad.
    So I picked Litten as my starter in Sun and the more and more I used it, the more I realised "hey, this little guy is actually kinda cute". And ever since then it's continued to grow on me, even becoming my second favourite unevolved starter (behind Snivy).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    Generation 5: Why? Because apparently my idea of a good game wasn't the story, but how you played and how it made you feel. I didn't like gen 5 for stupid reasons (I can't remember because it's been years now), but I do remember just not liking how different it was from my first game, SoulSilver, which was gen 4, so not long before.

The Fairy Type: Weird since I now have a Primarina on my team in Ultra Sun. Well, I think this is because I used to main dragons, but now I've had to change it up so I can better battle them. It was a new type, and I didn't really like how it gave my used-to-be-favorites a rough time. Also, I had to get used to something new. How weird of me.

Mew: A pink cat... I hated A PINK CAT! It's absolutely adorable! Why did I ever dislike this thing?! I don't even know why!

Generation 6: Kalos… I love the games, I really do, but it was easy as well. Mega Evolution was nice, but then it all fell apart. As great as the story and "villain team" was, it just began to fall apart on the third playthrough. I just... felt dissatisfied. It wasn't hard enough for me.

4. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Butterfree and Jumpluff. I thought both were useless until I tried them in Blue and Crystal respectively. None of the Pokémon on my teams could give status conditions like they could. The fact Butterfree can learn psychic helped too.

ORAS. I had a bit of a bad taste in my mouth after finding out there was no battle frontier, but after replaying I was able to see the things ORAS got right. The remastered music was beautiful, and the region never looked better.

5. Aalacer

Moonwalk
    (Lunatone)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽484.7
    Electivire. First of all, I still think its design is not as good as its previous form. That being said, back in DPP... I specificaly disliked it. With time I've grown fond of it, and did even use one at some point (despite being quite mediocre by itself :sweat:)

6. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I used to not like mega Zard x cause I thought mega Zard y was superior in design. So I was salty when Y didn’t get the dragon typing

Though, Zard X has grown on me. I do like the design (just not as cool as Y) and it’s really fun to run because it hits so hard.

I also was really agaisnt Sun and Moon. They just were a bit of a turn off since the designs of the starters were bad and the fact that they took away gyms. But after I played it, I fell in love with the game but I also just really really still dislike the designs of the starters

7. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Um, espeon? I used to like it cuz its pink and I love that colour Pokémon, but then later on, I myself dunno why I dont like it much now. I dont hate it, nope, I just dont like it much.