1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Chapter 1 Norman's Growing Heart

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by CharlieWeasleyfan, Jan 24, 2017.

1. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    As another morning passed, there was a sound not normally heard in Petalburg City. Norman was on a walk with his family when they heard a loud scream. Norman knew where it came from too. He knew that there was a new family in Petalburg City and the father was a cruel person.
    "Julia," Caroline realized. They all had met the little girl on their first day in the new house. Norman nodded and saw it from an open window. Julia was being assaulted by Pokémon.
    "We have to get her out of there right now!" May was panicked. But Norman knew too. Her face was soaked in tears and she was screaming out.
    "Vigoroth! Let's go! Use tackle on the window!" Norman took no time. He lived for Pokémon but also protected children. As the window broke he got in there and saw the father there. "What are you doing to her?! She's your child!"
    "She's a disgrace. Breaking rules like she did," he sneered.
    "Breaking a rule is one thing. It's another when you overstep your fatherly bounds and abuse her for a wring she committed. I wouldn't have stepped in if it was a simple time out or taking something away. But attacking her with a Pokémon is unforgivable," he answered. May and Max slipped in and were getting Julia untied.
    "Like you'd know," he snapped
    "I would. May and Max are my children but I'd never use my Pokémon as a weapon on them," he answered.
    Max and Julia climbed out and then May and Norman followed. "She looks so beat to pieces," May stuttered.
    "She's certainly been through enough. Help me get her inside the Pokémon Center," Norman answered. He picked her up and saw her body trembling. She was scared of him. "I promise you Julia. I won't harm you. I'll protect you from him," he promised.
    As they got her wounds cleaned up a bit Officer Jenny came in. "Norman that girl's father says you kidnapped her!"
    "No he didn't," Julia stuttered. Jenny was surprised and waited. "Norman saved me from him. I was hurting bad and he helped me," she answered.
    "Officer Jenny, her father used his own Pokémon to hurt her," May informed. Norman smiled as he saw Julia fall asleep.
    "Well in that case, Norman please take care of her. Get her healthy and maybe when she can walk take her around the area," she responded

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    As the Pokémon Center healed Julia to their best ability, Norman carried her into the hospital where she was laid to get some earned rest. But Norman and Caroline never left her. Max and May did for school but then returned to see Julia.
    "May, Professor Birch wanted to see you. He has a Pokémon for you and Julia," Caroline informed.
    "Okay mom. Let me see Julia for one second," she answered as she walked in and saw her dad and Julia playing. She was trying to recognize the sense of touch. She never felt anything but concrete or pain.
    "Hey May," Max greeted. Julia and Norman looked over to her and smiled. May immediately hugged Julia and kissed her cheek.
    "I'm going out in a minute. Julia my dad's friend wants to give us each a Pokémon. This one won't hurt you. It's not like the ones your dad has. It'll love you," she informed.
    "C-Could I get a fire type if possible?" She was so scared and May fawned and nodded at her. She hugged May and yawned.
    "Now you get some sleep," May decided as Caroline walked in. She nodded and Norman carefully tucked her in.
    Norman's POV
    I watched as Julia slept with Max reading and me holding onto her hand. I thought she'd be afraid of me and she isn't. I was also getting drowsy so I went over to the bed that was for the parent that stayed. Us we all usually held strong. Julia was doing so great too. She was being a brave girl holding through on that.
    I heard a nurse come in the middle of the evening and saw her checking on Julia. She had to see the burn scar but Julia wouldn't let her. "No," she whined. I stood up and went to them pretending I didn't hear any of that.
    "What's going on?"
    "Oh Norman! She's just being fussy about her burn scars. I need to see their improvement or decline," she responded.
    "Julia it's okay. She just needs to see if it's getting better," I soothed. She nodded and as the nurse checked her, I held her hand and had her cheek in my hand. She was relaxed by my touch.
    "Norman rest," my wife pleaded me as she sat by Julia. I looked and saw Julia was asleep too. I nodded and laid down on the bed with Max. In no time sleep had consumed me.