1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Chapter Review Exchange

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Talarc, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Talarc

Talarc Swimmer

Muro
    (Whismur)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽935.8
    Fellow writers, I give you the Chapter Review Exchange!

We already have other threads based on reviewing, but these tend to either lack a proper system for handling review requests or are limited in scope. The Chapter Review Exchange should hopefully provide a means for writers to more easily get feedback on their writing.

So, how does it work? Simple. Just review a story listed here and post it in this thread, or in that story's thread with Part of the Chapter Review Exchange at the top or bottom of your review. If you've got a particular story you're looking for feedback on, then include a message like Please review (Story Title) in your review as well (and possibly a link, if applicable). You don't need to sign up and you can participate as many times as you like.

Reviews can either be posted to the story thread itself (if the author is okay with it), or here in this thread.

Your review must indicate that you actually read the story and be more substantial than just 'I liked this chapter'. I also strongly encourage you to be honest when reviewing, be it positive or negative.

If you have any preferences for the review you receive in return (not mentioning grammar, only thoughts on characterisation, only positive, etc.), then you should discuss this with the other author in advance to see if they'll agree to those terms.

If you want to join the thread and promise to review other authors, then send me a message or post below about it. You can choose particular stories you want to put forward for the Chapter Review Exchange, or just say that all your writing is eligible. As above, you can also specify if you have any preferences for the reviews you receive.

Please note that it is against Lake Valor's rules to post external links, so if you want reviews for stories that are hosted elsewhere then this must be arranged through private messaging instead.

///
    Participating authors:

Talarc

Eligible Stories: Neighbour (Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san); Forgotten (Pokémon); Your Face is Red (Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san)

I also have three excerpts from a planned Pokémon fanfic in the Review Game! thread, all of which are eligible too (you can find them here, here, and here).

Notes: Neighbour, Forgotten, and Your Face is Red are complete, so you can post your reviews in their threads if you'd prefer.

Please really tear my stories apart when reviewing them. If you find any issues, no matter how small, then I want to hear about them!

LuluRina

Eligible Stories: Journey for Truth

Notes: If you have a problem about anything about the story, feel free to share :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  2. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    I’ll join but I’m gonna update my story first. I’ll post again in the thread when I do

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Talarc likes this.
  3. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Are Stories From Another Website Like Wattpad Accept As Well?
    (I Saw The Additional Note For This Already, I Will Take Part But I Will PM You For The Link To My Story From Wattpad. And It's Not Completed Yet. So I Need Time To Finish Up.)

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  4. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    While links outside of LV are not allowed, you can still post the story itself in this thread or make a separate thread for the story and then linking it here.

Absolute Zero and Talarc like this.
  5. LuluRina

LuluRina Swimmer

(Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽294.5
    I wanna join this!

I'll just share my one and only story xD - Journey for Truth

If you have a problem about anything about the story, feel free to share :)

Talarc likes this.
  6. Geroniny

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    I Actually Link The Original Version Under The Story's Behind The Scene Version Which Will Be First-Hand Exclusive For LV. I Am Currently Working On Both Original And Behind The Scene Version Of The Story. The Behind The Scene Version Is Found Here.

7. Talarc

Talarc Swimmer

Muro
    (Whismur)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽935.8
    @Geroniny~

If you're looking to join the list of participating authors, then it's better if your story is hosted on LV.

8. Geroniny

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Okay...I Will Try To Finish The Behind The Scene Version Of The Original Story.