1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Writing Checking interest/Upload schedule

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Wolf Expert, Feb 24, 2020.

?

What's a good upload date?

Poll closed Mar 2, 2020.
  1. Sunday

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Monday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Tuesday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Wednesday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Thursday

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Friday

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  7. Saturday

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Some people might remember that *checks upload date* 2 YEARS AGO, I was attempting to get started on a comic. I have since come to the conclusion that comics are hard and I don't want to, but I do definitely like the story I've come up with and I want to keep it alive. Ironically it was, from the start, meant to have a sword and shield theme to it and this was long before Sword and Shield were even first announced.

So, with Sword and Shield out and a Mystery Dungeon remake on the horizon, I've decided to go back to writing fanfiction. The first chapter is almost done, but if possible I would like to also create an illustration for each chapter and, hopefully, have a consistent weekly upload date. It might end up being bi-weekly depending on scheduling and how busy I am, but I'm going to try for weekly first.

I'd like to see how many people are interested, I'm uploading it regardless but I'm just curious, so if anyone has any comments or questions, I would like to hear them. I've also included a poll to see when people would be most interested in reading, so I can pick a date to upload. Regardless of what date is picked, I won't start uploading until next week, Sunday at the earliest.

For anyone who didn't see it 2 years ago, this is the cover image I created for the comic, which I guess is now kind of the book cover:
    [​IMG]

I thought I'd also include the first couple paragraphs, which also happen to work pretty well as a preview for the story itself:
    Across the world, in every home, in every town, in every kingdom, Pokémon live their lives in peace. They wake up every morning, often with a smile, and look forward to all the future has to offer. They roll out of their beds, greet the world, and see all they have to be grateful for. Then, on occasion, they look to the past, to a time of chaos, and have faith in knowing that they are protected. In every home, in every town, in every kingdom, the name of one group of heroes frequents conversations, especially in the stories told by aspiring young children, wishing to be heroes themselves one day. For the residents of one particular seaside town, they need only step outside and look to the city’s main square to be reminded of their heroes. There, standing as a memento to the world’s darkest moment and the heroes’ shining victory, is a large, black crystal that, under the midnight moon or midday sun, would shine with a brilliance that would chase away the despair in the hearts of any who gaze upon it, leaving only hope in its place.

“Hope” was the gift that the heroes gave to this world, and for it they will always be remembered. But that is now, and things were not always this way. The heroes of legend found their start in a turbulent time, one filled with uncertainty and in a world on the brink of disaster, though they did not know it in the beginning. Though many know the names, the faces, and the stories of their most heroic deeds, there are few who remain who can tell the full story of the heroes who called themselves the Spirit Guardians.

Their stories, as is common for many, started off, in a modest way, one late-summer day.

I'm actually a little nervous, it's been a while since I've put my writing out for other people to see. :sweat:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Sethal, SyWry and DuoM2 like this.
  2. 1mightydragon

1mightydragon PKMN Breeder

Queza
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,415.8
    I really would like to help you with the illustrations but all I think I would end up doing is the rough sketches and maybe just rough concepts... other than that good luck and I would like to know where you are posting the comic.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...