1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

TV / Movies Childhood Cartoons

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LostSpirit, Aug 8, 2018.

1. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    What are some of your favorite childhood cartoons and why?

Personally, I used to love Cyberchase (because math is cool don't @ me) and Winx Club (b/c girl power amirite).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Apart from Pokémon (obviously) some of my favorite cartoons as a kid included Xiaolin Showdown, Avatar, and of course, Spongebob. X3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I loved the Rugrats, the Fairly OddParents, the Magic School Bus, and SpongeBob growing up.
    I also enjoyed a bunch of older cartoons such as the Flintstones, the Jetsons, and Looney Tunes.

4. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I’m still kinda young, but when I was really little, I loved watching Wacky Races

5. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Garfield & Friends, Sonic SatAM, Looney Tunes, Inspector Gadget (the original, not the new one), Yogi Bear (and many of the other Hanna-Barbara cartoons of that time), many of the 80s cartoons like Transformers and He-Man, and so on.

6. RosieVulpes

Sweetheart
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.7
    Looney Tunes, Johnny Test, Phineas and Ferb, Fairly Odd Parents, Danny Phantom and Pokémon. These some of the ones I can name off the top of my head.

7. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    rugrats, blues clues, barney, winnie the pooh. lots of shows like that. ironically enough i still really like kids cartoons nowadays and watch them whenever i can. one of my favorites is paw patrol!

8. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37,993.4
    No love for The Disney Afternoon? (classic Ducktales, Chip n' Dale's Rescue Rangers, TaleSpin, Darkwing Duck, etc.?)

9. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Yeah, definitely! Lots of love for classic Disney TV.

WavePearl likes this.
  10. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Lack of appreciation for Beast Wars - although whether this counts or not because CGI - in this thread makes me sad...it's literally the greatest Transformers works of all time, and it actually holds up really well today despite how godawful the CGI is by comparison. The format actually worked in its favour: budget concerns meant that the small cast were very well developed, and introducing new characters meant killing the old ones off. The body count is ridiculously high and because of the development the deaths meant something...mostly. Poor Terrorsaur and Scorponok ;w;

Mummies Alive is another show I loved that probably nobody has heard of.

11. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Pokémon ōnly...

Because Įa watçhes Philippine telenovelas līke Blood Sisters and Ańg Probinşyano (Brothers)

12. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    This as well.

Also, ReBoot.

13. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    My family only had access to pbs kids when I was growing up, so I watched a lot of Arthur and Cyberchase. Sometimes, though I'm not sure how, we watched Digimon, and that was probably my first anime. Looking back, we only watched the first arc, the ending of the third arc, and the very beginning and then very end of the final arc. We missed, like, half the show, and yet we were never confused. We just enjoyed what episodes we could watch.

When we got older, that's when we watched the cartoons we had missed out on, like Xiaolin Showdown, Gargoyles, and Jackie Chan Adventures. Somehow, I think it's my lack of cartoons growing up that has given me a love of cartoons today.

14. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Oh god, I just remembered lot of cartoons I forgot about.
    I used to watch Tom and jerry, spongebob , Johnny test(his dog is <3 xD), Mickey mouse, mickey mouse club house lol, dora the explorer xD, Shinchan Lolol, Phineas and ferb, Looney tunes, Ben 10 Aaaaaand hmmmm...we bare bears, and all time favourite, Scooby dooby doo.

15. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    The one i remember watching most consistently was Catdog, but I don’t remember anything about it.

16. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I used to watch Nick, Cartoon Network, Disney XD, and Boomerang religiously, so there were a ton to pick from. Just some of my favorites growing up were:

Spongebob (seasons 1-8)
    Fairly Odd Parents
    Invader Zim
    My Life As A Teenage Robot
    Johnny Bravo
    Courage the Cowardly Dog
    Powerpuff Girls
    Dexter’s Labortory
    Pinky and the Brain
    Phineas and Ferb
    Tom and Jerry
    Chowder
    The Misadventures of Flapjack
    Total Drama Island (The first season)

17. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    These shows probably show exactly when I grew up haha:

Blues Clues (Steve arc)
    Kim Possible
    Dora the Explorer
    Dragon Tales
    Barney the Dinosaur
    Arthur

And that's about it, I didn't watch a ton of variety back in the day. Definitely remember Kim Possible and Blues Clues the most fondly of them all.