1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Chris's Soul Silver Shiny Badge Quest

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pixel, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Hey guys, Chris here! As some of you already know, I've been doing a Shiny Badge Quest in Pokémon SoulSilver. As of writing this post, it's been about 10 days since I started. I'll give a quick re-cap of the shinies I've found so far.
    • My shiny starter was a Totodile, who I named Ripper. He was found after 45 minutes of soft-resetting. I'm not counting Ripper for a Badge shiny.
    • My Zephyr Badge shiny was a Hoothoot, who I named Celeste. She was found on Route 29, with 11.5 hours of hunting. (approx. 2700 encounters)
    • My Hive Badge shiny was a Mareep, who I named Kellie. She was found on Route 32, with an astonishing 40 minutes of hunting. (approx. 160 encounters)
    • My Plain Badge shiny is going to be either Gastly (the hunt) or Rattata (sloppy seconds). I'm currently 26.5 hours into hunting (approx. 6300 encounters)
    From now on, I'll be posting here every time I get a shiny, so I hope everyone looks forward to my progress! I'm also taking community suggestions, but there are some guidelines you need to follow before suggesting a Pokémon, and know that I can't guarantee I'll find it.
    • Please do not suggest any Pokémon whose hunt involves soft-resets. I've already planned out all of my desired soft-reset shinies myself.
    • Please do not suggest any Pokémon who appear exclusively in the Safari Zone, or that you want me to hunt for using increased appearance rates in the Safari Zone. This challenge is already time-consuming enough, I don't need to grind for decoration space in the Safari Zone and add to that.
    • Please do not suggest any Pokémon that can obtained exclusively via breeding. The quickest way to breed for shinies with breeding is via the Masuda Method, and I don't have access to Pokémon from other countries in Generation 4.
    • Please do suggest Pokémon that appear in swarms and via the Hoenn Sound and Sinnoh Sound on the PokeGear. (NOTE: This is a rule that I have created for myself, where one of my shinies must be a Pokémon that appears in a Swarm [however, does not have to be exclusive to Swarms], and where one of my shinies must be a Pokémon that appears from either Hoenn Sound or Sinnoh Sound [I won't be doing a hunt for each region, as i said above this game's long enough already])
    • Please make sure suggestions are tailored for Pokémon SoulSilver version, and that these Pokémon can be caught before getting my final Gym Badge. This means, for the most popular hunts, no Moltres, Mewtwo, Hoenn Legends, Kanto Starter or Hoenn Starter hunts.
    As for the hunt plan, here's what my journey looks like so far. Shines that are planned will have an * next to them, and the plan will be updated for any suggestions I receive. Note that the order of the badges is set to how they appear in the badge case, not in the order I'll obtain them:
    • Starter Pokémon: [​IMG]
    • Zephyr Badge: [​IMG]
    • Hive Badge: [​IMG]
    • Plain Badge: [​IMG]*/[​IMG]*
    • Fog Badge: [​IMG]*
    • Storm Badge:
    • Mineral Badge: [​IMG]*
    • Glacier Badge:
    • Rising Badge:
    • Boulder Badge: [​IMG]*
    • Cascade Badge: [​IMG]*
    • Thunder Badge: [​IMG]*
    • Rainbow Badge:
    • Soul Badge:
    • Marsh Badge:
    • Volcano Badge:
    • Earth Badge: [​IMG]* (this is only if Articuno can be found before defeating Blue. I know Moltres cannot, since it resides in Mt. Silver and requires Rock Climb, but I'm uncertain whether Articuno and Zapros can be found before defeating Blue. If anyone has a definite answer on this, that'd be greatly appreciated!)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017