1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Christmas time is here... or is it?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RadEmpoleon, Nov 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Everyone has a different opinion as to when Christmas season starts. When do you think it starts? Are you the kind of person who starts hanging up Christmas lights and sings carols on November 1st, or do you wait until December to start celebrating?

I start celebrating as soon as Thanksgiving ends. I’m the kind of person who has to take it one holiday at a time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    December. It starts in December.

One of my biggest pet peeves is seeing/hearing anything to do with Christmas before December, honestly. It's hard to sustain holiday spirit for the entire month as it is, I don't need it assaulting my senses before then. I've been seeing Christmas food in shops since September...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Absolute Zero, Neb and RadEmpoleon like this.
  3. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Agreed. I can’t stand the amount of Christmas commercials I see on TV. I understand that’s how the market works, but I shouldn’t be seeing Christmas decorations for sale in October.

4. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    It's a tradition in my family to start decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving. Before then, I don't want to hear anything about Christmas.

5. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I will tolerate Christmas music on December 24th and 25th. Not the 23rd, not 26th. So that's Christmas time for me.

Celebrating the season, perhaps, how about December 13th? Twelve days of Christmas, and whatnot. It's already six times longer than any other common North American holiday at that point.

So yeah, two days or twelve days are fine by me, and I suppose shopping, TV ads, and decorating may as well start after the preceding holiday because of the effort put into them they may as well last longer... but I stand opposed to you if you actively desire Christmas to extend farther back than sunrise of the day after Thanksgiving. It already has a month. It's a holimonth. That's more than enough.

6. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    December and no earlier when it comes to stores hanging stuff up, I'm not a huge fan of Christmas to begin with so seeing Christmas stuff already in September really doesn't help. It makes me tired of the holiday before it even begins.

7. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I start thinking its Christmas a week before the date. I just get so caught up in finals that I do not give a anything about anything related to Christmas until after I can rest safe and sound in my home knowing that, that hassle is over.

8. Jeydis

Jeydis Midnight Gourmand

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,047.8
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Doesn't feel like Christmas until my mom and I decorate her home and set up the minature villages. We normally do that in the first week of December.

9. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Normally I don’t get too excited for Christmas until there’s a fully decorated tree out. Growing up, my parents and I would decorate on the first week of December. That changed once we moved to a more rural area. There aren’t many tree farms to choose from around here and finding a good one with our permit takes hours of driving. Now we usually procrastinate on getting one until around the 21st.