1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Cimmerian Trigger: Race to the Throne

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Almandine-G, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Somewhere in the future...
    The country of Yovana. A well-developed country that counts as one of the leading countries in the world. With excellent schools, research facilities, food farms and banks, many of the citizens never have to worry about a thing.
    The man who established this peace was the former king. He did a decent job: he wasn't anything special, but at least nothing weird happened. However, some people found his ruling not satisfying enough and that eventually lead to the creation of two major factions: Eleutheria aims for a government that stimulates people to build up their own life while Samanta wants to create a world where everyone is treated equally. Neither of these two groups made a move while the old king was ruling because neither of them wanted to disturb the peace in the country. However, the king has passed away. Because he didn't have a successor, he declared a game to determine who would become the next king: the first to find the legendary Cimmerian Trigger. The bearer of this pitch-black stone is able to handle every single color power out there and will become the next ruler.
    In just three days, the search will begin.
    As the people who plan to participate prepare themselves, Eleutherians, Samantarians and so-called freelancers alike, the tension rises in Yovana. You are one of them.
    The game is on!

[​IMG]
    (Logo by the swagtastic [member='Deltheor']!)​
    Current participants:
    [member='Almandine-G'] (Eleutheria Leader, Green/Purple)
    [member='Megarai111'] (Eleutheria Second-in-Command, Red/Blue)
    [member='Wyxamex'] (Samanta Leader, Yellow/Purple)
    [member='Thunder'] (Samanta, Blue/Purple)
    [member='PROJECT: Glaceon'] (Freelancer, Blue/Yellow)
    [member='Pari'] (Freelancer, Purple/Yellow)
    [member='TheeDrGetus'] (Tied to Samanta, Blue/Green)
    [member='Deltheor'] (Eleutheria, Blue/Green)
    [member='Wizard'] (Eleutheria, White/Red)
    [member='BiohazardSr'] (Freelancer, White/Blue)
    [member='Karzarill'] (Eleutheria, Red/Green)
    [member='Shinygiratinaz'] (Samanta, White/Purple)
    [member='8542Madness'] (Unknown, Blue/Red)
    [member='Sachi-Shimazu'] (Eleutheria, Blue/white)

Signups and profiles are found here!

People bustled through the series of corridors that snaked around Eleutheria Tower: everyone was murmuring and mumbling about the recent turn of events. There was only one remotely quiet room in the tower, and that was where Almandine was currently, surrounded by a lake of black and white cats, with a single pink one slinking through the mess. A knock resounded on the door, awakening Almandine from the current cat bath he seemed to be having. "Permission to enter sir!"

"Eh whatever. Come on in, but for the love of kittens don't call me sir!" Almandine sat up, the cats around him calming down.

"Er, right Almandine! A report came in about a recent turn of events... It's about the old king. He's dead," the man lowered his head. Almandine did similar.

"Very well. You may leave. And for meowing out loud, tell the rest to calm down, they're gonna disturb the cats," Almandine fell back into the lake of cats that continued circling him, the man who entered now leaving and shutting the door behind him. Almandine stared at the ceiling, his hands laid behind his head. "So it finally happened old man. The contest for the Cimmerian Trigger... Hah, I say contest, but this is a war between two sides you just created. Samanta are gonna try just as hard as Eleutheria will to get that stone."

Standing up and brushing himself off, Almandine lifted himself into the air and flew himself towards the door, pressing a com switch next to it to make an announcement to the rest of the building. "Excuse me? Attention? There's gonna be a last-minute meeting soon. Gather yourselves together, oh and no imitating me. Only I can be lazy about attendance!"

Almandine returned to the cat pool that flocked around him, picking up the pink one and setting it on his chest. He sighed inwardly. "How late do I wanna be now..." He shook himself off. No, for once he was going to act the leader and not be late to yet another one of his own meetings.

Making his way down the corridors, he found himself contending with the floods of Eleutheria members. Thankfully everybody knew not to step on the river of cats that followed Almandine, but unfortunately in doing so they forgot to not bump into their leader. After about half an hour of pushing, shoving and yelling "Hey, what the heck!?" Almandine finally made it to the lecture hall, where the majority of the team would congregate at meeting times. Heads turned to Almandine, surprised he wasn't later than usual.

Stepping up to the microphone, Almandine sat back waiting for everyone to get here. It was only a matter of time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Believe it or not, but Chris was actually still sound asleep when the news came in. He woke up at the sound of someone knocking on the door.

"Yes?" He sat up straight and tossed the blanket covering him away. His head was heavy, which suggested he had slept for a long time. "Ugh, I shouldn't have drunk that much last night. Where am I anyway?"

He looked around the room. He saw stuff scattered everywhere: on his desk, on the shelves lining the walls, on the carpet, on the couch... Yes, this was most definitely his office.

The stuff scattered around everywhere was about the only thing that made the room personal, though. If someone were to clean all that up, it would just look like the perfect office room.

The door opened and a man entered.

"Sir, I have news for you. The king has passed away. Almandine has sent out a message to all Eleutherian officers: all of them are requested to come to the meeting room right now." He looked around the room. "I suggest you better... get ready."

"The king passed away?" A feeling of sadness passed through Chris's body, but that was quickly overtaken by a feeling of anxiety. So it has begun, he thought. The search for the Cimmerian Trigger...

Chris rose to his feet. He was too quick though: thanks to his head still being so heavy, he stumbled a few steps and nearly tripped over a pair of underpants.

"Why in the world is that still here? That should've been washed ages ago." He sighed, then grinned. "Man, I wish my mum was here to do my laundry. I can run a faction, but I can't even take care of myself properly." He walked over to the door, more careful this time not to trip over anything. Beside the door, against the left wall, was a mirror. Chris stopped in front of it to see the state of his body. His bronzed hair was a mess and he hadn't shaved himself for a while, but his usual clothes (a red-with-blue cameo tank top and cream-colored short pants, barefooted) looked fine. He tried moving his cannons, something that could be done at will. They unfolded easily and rotated just as easily. He put them back in rest mode and opened the door, ready to head out to the meeting.

Upon stepping outside, he could feel the tension in the air. The Eleutherians knew it: this is an important moment in the history of the faction. After this day, nothing would be the same anymore.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    "Excuse me? Attention? There's gonna be a last-minute meeting soon. Gather yourselves together, oh and no imitating me. Only I can be lazy about attendance!"

The loudspeaker echoed throughout the long surrounding the Eleutherian Tower, giving Salazar yet another headache.

Stay Calm. Stay Calm. Sta...

Salazar got bumped and spun around yet again. His patience was waning, which was quite frightening, seeing as he was a patient man. Navigating the hallways of the Eleutheria Tower always gave Salazar headaches. The swarms of people were irritating, seeing as none them seemed to know how to walk without bumping into other each other every second or two. Not to mention the fact that everybody always stared at him because he was more than a head taller than most of them. Even now, he could feel the eyes of almost everybody in the hallway on the back of his head.

His train of thought was interrupted yet again by another passerby pushing him into the wall. Seclusion is much better than th...

Just as he thought he made it to the meeting room, somebody tripped him, forcing him to catch himself on another passerby, leading that person to fall. The passerby he grabbed latched onto another person, and pretty soon a domino effect took place. While everybody was attempting to get up, Salazar seized the opportunity and sprinted into the meeting room entrance before slowing down and walking into the room itself.

If anything, the traffic was even worse in the meeting room. He muttered to himself, "I'll never understand why in the blazes people think that it is a good idea to socialize in front of entryways."

He made his way to the front of the room, where there were few seats left, and took one of the last remaining seats in the front row. Although he was tall, nobody dared ask him to move, because they were typically in awe of his tall figure.

After a few minutes, Salazar saw Almandine, the leader of the Eleutherian arrive at the podium. It's about time, he thought. When Almandine hung back, Salazar knew it was going to be a while, so he sat back in his chair, and practiced patience, although it was difficult considering his environmental circumstances.

4. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Scarlen was already awake when the news hit Eleutheria Tower, so he anticipated Almandine calling the faction to a meeting. He slipped back into his room from his spot on the roof, and started getting ready for the day. He left his trademark bow and quiver behind, but made sure to pack several of his daggers and a couple pistols, just in case. With a huge, nation-changing announcement like this, you can never be too careful.

He finished packing his things, and briefly sat on his bed to let the news sink in. His king was dead. Scarlen ran his hands through his messy white hair, lowering his head in respect for his deceased ruler. He has mixed feelings about the old king- he did little to better the slums and left people like him fending for themselves with no place to turn to but a life of crime, but at least he tried to keep the peace. Scarlen had no complaints, only that he didn't have enough influence at the time to change anything. Now that he pledged his life to the Eleutherian faction, though, he may have a chance to see that the right people get the power they deserve. He sure didn't want to be king, though, that's for damn sure.

"Excuse me? Attention? There's gonna be a last-minute meeting soon. Gather yourselves together, oh and no imitating me. Only I can be lazy about attendance!" Almandine's announcement echoed through the tower, interrupting his thoughts. Shaking his head, he got up and grabbed a hair tie and tied his hair back into a messy ponytail. Giving himself a quick look in the mirror, he figured he was respectable enough to attend the meeting. A lot of people would probably still be in their pajamas, after all.

As soon as he double-checked his belongings, Scarlen left his room and started making his way towards tme meeting hall. The halls were packed with panicking people, so he used the powers of his trigger stone to scale the walls and walk on the ceiling instead. Despite the pain he had experienced in the past due to his profession and skillset, he had to admit that his abilities were incredibly useful. Dodging pushy, crowded areas was definitely a plus. He inwardly thanked himself for not wearing his cloak today, as it would have unfortunately been affected by gravity and most likely have whacked a few people in the face as he walked along the ceiling. As amusing as that would have been, he was in no mood to make enemies within his own faction.

He made it to the meeting hall with little difficulty, which was already more crowded than he liked. Instead of blending into the crowd, he decided to stay on the ceiling and watch the events unfold from a corner of the room. It was easier to see from up there, anyway- and there was less of a risk of someone bumping into him and souring his already unpleasant mood.

Scarlen glanced around the room at the growing crowd. Almandine was already at the podium, waiting for everyone to arrive. He also recognized the tall figure of his old friend Salazar in the crowd, and was tempted to go and say hello, but he held his tongue. There would be time for reunions later once the meeting was over.

"I hope nothing bad comes of this..." he muttered to himself as he waited for the meeting to start, shifting his feet impatiently.

5. Thunder

Thunder The Alolan Archer

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    Guerro looked around, suddenly forgetting where he was and what he was doing, he held up his spear and walked forward. Someone was coming, he realised he was in a Samantarian Dormitory of some sort, he paced to the door, opened it and blindly stabbed the air, a messenger was centimetres away from being stabbed in the neck.

"Sorry, Sir. I have a message, it seems the King has passed away, I am on my way to tell Lord Xerox."

"At ease, I will tell him, I am on my way there."

The messenger walked the opposite way, to another officer's dorm. Guerro stripped from his night-robe, he wore his beige-coloured vest and his scarf over it. He pulled on some jeans and then attached his bracelets to his arms. He walked to the door and then lifted up his spear once more. He breathed in and opened the door, immediately the loud noise of panic could be heard. Guerro nodded to fellow people and then walked away. He walked in stone-cold movements, one big stride to another, like a robot but much more human-like. He walked down the twisting and narrow corridor, as he looked around he noticed how little his faction really had, how would they bit their opponents. He worried that, although they were fierce survivors and battlers, the amount would be the end of them. He reached Xerox's room, his general and boss. Guerro burst through the door, unwarned.

"Xerox! I have some news."

The short leader looked startled, he nodded at Guerro, telling him to give the news.

"Boss, the King has passed away, I believe that means our hunt for the stone begins."

Xerox nodded, thinking of what to do.

Guerro left shortly, leaving his leader to think about actions, he returned to his dorm and sharpened his spear, he went outside and talked to others, they ignored him, panicky because of the situation they were in now. Guerro did what he knew the leader what not do, the leader was young so he may need more time to think, that's what Guerro thought. He stood on a stool and shouted to everyone.

"As you all know, the King has passed to way so the contest for Cimmerian Trigger has begun, I trust you are all ready for what may come, be prepared, big things are coming. Continue."

As soon as Guerro finished, everyone else carried on, as if they didn't heed a single word he'd said. He carried on as well, back to the office of Xerox.

"Have you decided our faction's strategy, Xerox?"

6. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Almandine looked at the meeting hall. It seemed everyone had gathered up finally. Clearing his throat and making sure the trigger in his chest was set straight, he flew up to the podium, where he found his blue cat sleeping.

"Oh, so that's where you were hiding. Of course it was here of all places..." Shifting the small blue cat to one side, Almandine looked at the empty space in front of him. He forgot to write notes. Guess this was something he was gonna have to wing... Like usual. Almandine moved his face close to the Microphone in front of him.

"Excuse me guys? Settle down, we gotta act professional for a second here," the loud crowd in front of him started dying down. "Okay, so a side note before we get started, we have a new member. I don't want any abusing him now, he's had it rough and had nobody to turn to, so he's a part of our family now. If you meet him though, uh, be careful. He's not likely to be buddy-buddy right away. He's named Tanagan Traveler, so if you see him (and believe me you won't miss him) make sure to be nice!"

A slight murmur filled the hall before a shush resounded across it. Almandine wasn't sure who shushed it but it sounded like it came from the ceiling...

"Okay, now onto the second topic. As you're all aware, the old king has passed away and has left the Cimmerian Trigger behind. However, the old man was a fan of his games, so he even turned this into one: find the stone. He's hidden it somewhere. And we've gotta find it. For years now, our faction has had a cold tension with the Samanta faction but this is where things will turn to crud and war will basically start. I need you all to be prepared to fight when the time comes, which will be in about 3 days time after the old kings funeral service has passed." Almandine paused for a moment: both cats were now on the bench in front of him sleeping. Breaking free from that as a distraction he continued the speech.

"Now listen up. I expect none of you to make any moves till after the funeral, got it? Nobody's to disrespect the old man. He wasn't the best king but at least he kept some peace, so at least give him a few days of no war okay? And that includes within the ranks, some of you like to bicker too often," Almandine glanced around the room, trying to look a little salty. Not only did he fail but he had no idea who would or wouldn't be causing trouble, just that some would and some wouldn't.

"Alright that's it, I'm done with speaking. Feel free to help yourself to the food there, that'll add some run time to this meeting," with that, Almandine bowed then made headway to the buffet table at the side, taking as much food as he could before exiting stage right, all the while being followed by his river of black and white cats, with the blue one and pink one stuck in the mix.

Hopefully everybody got the message he was trying to convey to them. Almandine made his way to his room where he set the food down on a table out of reach of the cats. He stopped for a moment and found himself lost in thought. He began to wonder about the Samanta faction: what were their plans now? He may not have agreed with their ideals but he didn't like the idea of fighting them, not only for the fact they had an actually cunning leader rather than the one Eleutheria got (let's face it, even Almandine couldn't take Almandine seriously) but for the fact that Almandine wasn't exactly a fighter. When he needed to, he could go into his human state which was adept to a fighting situation, balanced and quick, not to mention his sword knowledge. But for the most part he left the fighting to his second in command, who wielded Red trigger powers.

Here's hoping he wouldn't have to fight anyone. Almandine was way too lazy to be up for that.

7. PROJECT: Glaceon

PROJECT: Glaceon PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽27.0
    Crack
    The tree seemed unwilling to support Pratt's weight. He shrugged, straightened his legs out so he fell head first onto the ground. Would have fallen face first on the ground. Somehow he seemed to flip around and land on his feet. Then he finished the muffin in his left hand. The squirrel Siegfried climbed onto his shoulder and sniffed his ear. Pratt laughed as he handed an acorn to Siegfried, an acorn which he had apparently been hiding in his hand the whole time.
    "You know, you really ought to learn to find your own food," he said to the squirrel. Siegfried just stared at him. Then he put one paw on Pratt's nose and shook his head a little.
    "You can't rely on me all the time," Pratt continued and patted Siegfried on the head. The smile vanished from his eyes for a split second.

Only a few hours earlier, Pratt had been running wild in the king's palace. He always wore a different outfit when robbing, so that it would be more difficult to recognize him. Especially since stealth wasn't his strong suit. Security was low that day, for reasons Pratt wasn't familiar with, but it was a perfect opportunity. He was in the middle of stuffing candlesticks down a sack when he heard footsteps outside the room and looked around for a hiding spot, but before he found one a maid ran past the room, seeming quite distressed and didn't even glance at him. Curious, he snuck into the room she'd come out of, and found himself in the royal bedroom. There was a bed near the window, in which an elderly looking man lay. Pratt looked at him thoughtfully, mentally noting that a king didn't seem so extraordinary. It was then that he noticed the lack of breathing.
    This was why she was so distressed he thought. He took off his hat, paying his respects to the departed king.

Heading back to the entrance, he was deep in thought. But not deep enough to miss heavy footsteps coming from his escape route. He was suddenly aware of the fact that he'd forgotten his loot in the other room, but not being found trespassing was of more importance now. Before the owners of the footsteps entered the room, five of them, by the sound of it, he'd already closed the door on the other side.

Pratt had no interest in the nobility and their petty politics, but he knew what consequences the king's death would have, and he didn't like it. War created orphans, ruined homes, and caused nothing but death and destruction. He hated the very idea. In his book, the king had been the ideal ruler in that regard. His only flaw, and it had been a big one, was doing nothing about the poverty on his streets.
    The stick Pratt was holding snapped, the pieces scratching the inside of his palm. He hadn't realized how hard he'd been squeezing it. Siegfried seemed concerned about the bloody scratches, but Pratt shrugged it off. There were more important things to worry about.

8. Wyxamex

Wyxamex No Man

PokéPoints:
    ₽96.4
    It would be an understatement to say that Xerox was surprised when his second-in-command made his way into his office and delivered the news of the king's death. "The King has passed away, I believe that means our hunt for the stone begins." The words rang through the air, through his mind for quite a few moments. He paid no mind to the man leaving his office as he absentmindedly nodded. He would need a moment to think, and he trusted the man would inform the rest of the organization much like he had informed him. He had more important things to do.

Resting his head on his hand as he leaned on his desk, he ran a few things through his head. First off was the fact that he knew his organization was smaller than the opposing faction, which clearly meant they were at a disadvantage. It also meant, though, that they would be able to move more discreetly. Secondly was the fact that, besides a few stories and lots of research, there really wasn't much to go on when it came to the search.

He perked up as he heard the door open and shut once again, this time effectively snapping him out of his thought. He put a polite smile on his face, rather than the surprise from earlier, as the taller man spoke once more. "Have you decided our faction's strategy, Xerox?" A simple question, yet one that required the utmost thought. A few more moments of silence, before...

"We're going to need more information before we act. I think it would be best to travel and ask around while laying low for the time being. We're not prepared for war just yet, only fight when necessary." He got up from behind his desk, instantly looking even smaller than he already did when sitting higher on the chair, and used Twist Perception for the simple reason of seemingly adding another foot to his length. A polite smile still graced his face. "That shouldn't be a problem, right?"

9. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Chris grinned. Looks like Almandine had managed to get himself a quick getaway again. He ran his hand through his hair, wondering how he'd solve this. He didn't like to step in all the time because he didn't want to make it seem like he's becoming the leader, but for now, it really did seem like he was the one who would have to step in all the time.

He looked at the buffet table. Just looking at all the delicious snacks made his stomach rumble.

He sighed. Breakfast had to wait.

He jogged past the other people (who were practically being drawn to the buffet) and took the stage. Some people saw him and stopped to wait for what he had to say, but most people didn't, unfortunately.

"People, can I have your attention for a second?" Chris said as soon as he grabbed the microphone.

They ignored him, too busy gulping down the food.

Already getting a bit irritated, Chris stomped the floor with his foot. The ground shook and the shock waves caused a lamp behind him to drop on the stage. It might not have been the smartest move on the planet, but at least it had worked because everyone was looking at him now.

Chris grinned. "Alright, that was not exactly planned, but at least I have your attention. I just want to add some things to what Almandine just told us. As he said before, I want no one to undertake any form of action in any form either. Other than that, I expect the high-ranked Eleutherians in my office in the map room so that we can discuss our strategy and analyze possible situations."

He spotted a guy in the corner of his eye, about to take the last chocolate brownie. "HEY! YOU! LEAVE THAT BROWNIE ALONE, I HAVEN'T EATEN YET SO THAT'S MINE!" he shouted, a bit less subtle than he'd hoped for. "Take the chocolate cake, that's pretty much the same, but I want that brownie!" The guy looked his way and saluted before walking over to the chocolate cake. At times like this, it was great to be in charge.

"Sorry guys, but I really haven't had breakfast yet and I'm starving..." Chris laughed nervously. Some people in the audience joined in. Most people liked Chris because he was someone who sees others as equals and friends, yet he knows how to handle in stressful situations. "Anyway, see you in three hours!" He put the microphone down and headed over to the buffet. It was time to eat!

10. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    "Hey bartender! Give me another rum on the water, but without so much water in it eh?" Jack merrily shouted. "Go crawl back into your empty bottle Jack! That's enough for today!" Jack scoffed at that, but knew better then to start something. He rubbed his scar on his arm to remind himself as to why you don't argue with Terry in his own pub. "Fine then. Least you could do is get some more peanuts." Terry threw a bag his way, to which Jack happily munched down on and leaned back. As he began to get comfy the tv quickly went from the game (What sport do they play in this world?) to the news. "Ah come on! What is this bull shit?" "Shut your trap Green! Turn it up Terry!" The bar turned its attention to the tv's as they listened to what could possibly be important enough to cut off the game going on. "Ladies and gentlemen I come to you with some solemn breaking news. It appears the great King Xernus has passed away leaving us without a king. Due to the lack of a successor it appears that the two major factions will decide who will take control. It is assumed by many that war shall certainly follow. Ladies and gentlemen we here at channel 8 news are hoping you all stay safe for the coming times. I'm Catherine and I thank you for listening to this breaking news. Now back to your regularly scheduled program." The channel 8 logo flashed again and went back to the game.

The bar was silent for a solid five minutes until one of the patrons broke the silence. "Darn shame about the king eh?" The bar collectively grunted in agreement. "Gonna be quite the war coming soon looking for that rock" said another. "Lots of bloodshed, and I'm sure there's gonna be a need for for fighters eh?" Chimed in another rough looking man. "Lots of money gonna go to those dirty no good mercs eh?" said Jack. The bar replied with more rowdy yeah. The bar went silent for a few seconds until it was filled with malicious grins. "Sure is a damn shame..."

11. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    After Almandine's speech, Salazar knew that it was best to try and escape the room before he was entombed in the mass of people trying to obtain breakfast. He attempted to exit the room, but was somehow pushed over and trampled on a few times before he felt a shock wave ripple around the room. Everybody around him stopped, so he seized the window of opportunity and bolted to the exit until he heard the announcement that Chris, the second in command, was making. Salazar hadn't talked to Chris more than once or twice before, but he knew enough about the Eleutherian leadership to know that Chris would make a far superior leader to Almandine, but he dealt with it, seeing as Almandine was good about keeping the peace, and balanced quite well in terms of leadership with Chris.

"Alright, that was not exactly planned, but at least I have your attention. I just want to add some things to what Almandine just told us. As he said before, I want no one to undertake any form of action in any form either. Other than that, I expect the high-ranked Eleutherians in my office in the map room so that we can discuss our strategy and analyze possible situations."

The voice of Chris resonated through the now relatively silent room, leaving Salazar to wonder if he was indeed a high-ranked Eleutherian. He rarely kept in touch with the faction leadership, but when he did, they treated him well, and respected the distance that he typically wanted to keep. Unlike most members of the faction, he had received a personalized invitation, bringing him from the seclusion of his desert sanctuary. When the leadership needed advice on the occasion, he had responded, so it showed a level of trust in him. He told himself to ask Chris after the meeting adjourned.

His thoughts were interrupted by Chris yelling, "HEY! YOU! LEAVE THAT BROWNIE ALONE, I HAVEN'T EATEN YET SO THAT'S MINE!"

Although he liked what the Eleutherians did and what they believed in, and how they go about practicing their goals, he still didn't like a lot of the general silliness that took place. Salazar did enjoy fun on the occasion, and he believed that it was important to human health, but in this case, he just thought that Almandine and Chris should take the time to grow up.

Salazar came to the conclusion that instead of waiting until after the meeting to try and find Chris in the vast labyrinth that was the hallways, he would attempt to go to him now. He parted the crowd like the sea, using his white magic powers, and approached Chris, and asked, "Do I qualify as a high-ranked Eleutherian?"

12. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    His blue eyes swept along the pages of his current read, scanning each word they come across and memorizing them for future use as he drowned out the noise caused by those around him. Soon enough his grip began to tighten on the book, his thumb leaving beginning to press itself into the pages enough to cause slight tears as the noise around him began to rise. Following this was his jaw beginning to clinch as his blue eyes left the pages of his book to peer at those around him to see what was the source of their excitement. Sweeping along the room his eyes began to narrow in confusion as he noticed that the noise wasn't caused by excitement, but by panic. Shutting his book, he placed it within his cloak and rose from his sat position off to the side of the area, beginning to ghost through the groups of his so-called allies picking up parts of conversations. Breathing harshly through his nose he continued to listen whilst processing the pockets of information he overheard.

'The King's dead? If that's the case then why wasn't there an announcement?' A grunt left him as his body turned towards the location of his leader, his body moving on auto-pilot in the direction of his answers. Before he could get any closer to his intended location though a voice rang out, snapping him from his thoughts. Pointing his gaze towards the speaker he recognised the figure of Guerro. Narrowing his eyes as the mans announcement came to an end, Hektor began moving towards the outside world, away from the Samanta headquarters a thoughtful frown on his face.

"Hmm, if the king truly is dead and the hunt for the trigger has begun, then we'll need to get an edge on the competition." The frown turned into a small, barely noticeable smile, "Seems things are about to get lively now." Hektor's right hand rose and rubbed the spot beneath his hair on his neck, his eyes letting off an ominous glow as he brought out his book once more, unfortunately he was only able to partially pay attention to the words, his mind too focused on the treasure that seemed closer than ever.

13. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    "So this must be the Eleutherians' headquarters, is bigger than I thought it would be." Tanagan said looking up the tower; he admired it for a moment before going in. Walking through the corridors he was looking for anyone that could help him show where everything was. He would particularly like to know where the laundry and shower rooms were. He could really use that right now so he could get some clean clothes and get washed up. While he tried to navigate through the corridors of the tower he noticed something. Where was everyone? He hadn't seen a single soul since he entered which surprised him since Eleutheria was a large faction judging by what the guy he'd talked to said. Now what was the guy's name again Almond, Almando, Almandine, that's it that was his name. You would think someone that ran around looking like a pink cat creature would be easier to remember the name of. Since he couldn't find anyone Tanagan decided to just check out the tower on his own, he figured he would probably run into someone eventually that could tell him what he needed to know.

Tanagan had been checking various rooms, knocking on doors, and had so far failed to find anyone. He'd found several store rooms, a library and what appeared to have been a common room but nothing that suggested anyone actually lived here. He was starting to wonder if this really was the right place or if he'd ended up at the wrong location. He was wondering how long he'd been wandering around but couldn't check since he'd already sold his watch just to get money for food, money he never got to use as he ended up having a blackout in an alley only to wake up to find out someone had run of with his wallet. He'd guessed the culprit had probably been a young child since he still had his weapons considering they would have been worth more than the content in his thin wallet. Blackouts, headaches, and dizziness have regular thing for him ever since he'd ended up in that accursed laboratory.

After wandering through the corridors some more Tanagan reached an area that looked like people were at least living there. There were names on some of the doors here so it seemed like people were living in this part of the tower at least. He knocked on several doors without getting a response and then tried to open them just to be sure there really was no one around, most of the doors were of course been locked but there were signs of people living in the tower. Tanagan let out a sigh, he decided to try one more time before giving up if worse came to worse he could just hang out in this area and wait till whoever lived here could tell him what he wanted to know. He took a glance at the name as he knocked, Christopher Hubbleton. No response again just like he'd expected and this time he tried to check the room like he'd done all the other times. The door wasn't locked so he took a quick look around the room, there was stuff scattered everywhere someone was diffidently living here. Since he'd found no one he decided to just sit down up against the wall next to the room he'd just checked since someone was bound to show up eventually.

14. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Scarlen listened intently to Almandine's speech, carefully taking in his words. War was imminent, and while a three-day grace period for the funeral of the King was the respectful thing to do, he worried about the Samanta faction and what they might do. There were even some people in his own faction who were hell-bent on starting conflict with the Samantarians when the King was still alive. Regardless, funerals never set well with him, so he was staying far away from that if he could.

Chris then took the stage, mentioning that there would be an official meeting of the higher-ups in three hours at his office. Scarlen never paid attention to his official rank, although he had been in the faction for quite a while- more than most of Eleutheria's members. He sighed, figuring he might as well go to the meeting regardless. If they didn't want him there, they could kick him out.

The other Eleutherians quickly congregated around the buffet table as Chris finished his speech, giving Scarlen time to jump down from the ceiling and leave the room quietly. He already had breakfast ready in his room, and the meeting wasn't for a few hours, so he had some time to kill.

He kicked his boots off as he entered his small room, collapsing back onto his bed briefly with a sigh. It was barely mid-morning and he already wanted to go back to sleep; dealing with huge crowds of people never did well on his nerves. He desperately wanted to go back to sleep, but the last thing he wanted was to oversleep and miss the meeting.

Scarlen reluctantly sat up and grabbed his breakfast from his small fridge- some leftover roast beef from the previous night and a glass of fresh milk. As he ate, he mulled over the events of the brief meeting. Seeing Salazar briefly was somewhat of a relief, he hadn't seen the monk in a few months because of their conflicting schedules. At least he was alive and well, they'd definitely get a chance to catch up later. Then there was that newcomer that Almandine mentioned, Tana-something. From how his leader described him, he seemed similar to how Scarlen was when he first joined. As much as he disliked letting people get close to him, he figured if he saw the guy he would give him a warm welcome. If his past was anything like his own, he could use the kindness.

Finishing his meal, Scarlen tossed his dishes onto his already cluttered desk before putting on his boots and cloak. He quickly adjusted his outfit, making sure everything was in once piece. He'd had smoke bombs go missing before, only to find them months later when he was cleaning his room. It wasn't a pleasant experience, so he tried to keep track of his inventory when possible.

Checking the time, he saw it was still at least an hour until the second meeting started, but since he had nothing else to do, he decided to head on over to Chris's room anyway. Better to be early than late, especially since he had no idea if he was even supposed to go to the meeting or not.

As Scarlen approached Chris's room, he noticed someone sitting by the door. He looked unfamiliar, and Scarlen's first thought was that he could be the newcomer that Almandine mentioned. He did notice the green scales poking out from underneath the man's pulled-up turtleneck, which he decided to pay no mind to unless it was brought up. Not wanting to scare the man, he walked up the hallway a bit before sitting down a little ways from the strange man.

"Hey there, you here for the meeting?" Scarlen spoke up. He had no idea what else to say, as the other man seemed somewhat lost and a bit distant.

15. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    The Eleutherian brownies tasted like Heaven itself. So much chocolate was being used in that recipe, the brownies pretty much tasted like chewy, sticky chocolate sweets. Chris could keep eating them all day long. Too bad this was the last one.

It sure was busy at the buffet tables. The Eleutherian faction was known for three things: their ideals, the delicious cooking and the huge appetite some of the members had, Chris included.

Suddenly, a dark-haired man with a rugged face appeared beside him. Chris had noticed the parting of the crowd as if it was a sea through the corner of his eyes, but he hadn't paid too much attention to it.

"Do I qualify as a high-ranked Eleutherian?" he asked Chris.

Chris recognized the voice. Salazar Bestia. Main color white, subcolor red, Berserk ability. A serious man who, despite his powers, is more of a defensive fighter. He'll definitely be of help, he thought.

"Yes, you qualify. I'll see you in three hours."

Chris grabbed some mini sandwiches off a plate and left the meeting hall. He first had to stop by Almandine's office to tell him about the upcoming strategy meeting in the map room. Lucky for him, the Eleutherian leader's room was the easiest to find: just follow the cat trails, the hair and the sound of meowing and you're bound to end up in front of his door. Chris quickly scribbled down a message on a piece of paper from the tiny notebook he always kept in his pocket. Going into Almandine's room was something he didn't really like, because you never knew what to expect. Chris once walked in during one of Almandine's so-called "cat baths". Just thinking back to it made him shiver. Walking into a room where you find your boss surrounded by a sea of cats when you're supposed to have a meeting is scarier than one might think.

Almandine,
    After you left, I told the higher-ranked members to head over to the map room in three hours to discuss our strategy. I expect you to be there too. No slacking off, and don't be late!
    Chris​
    Chris shoved the note under the door, hoping that the cats wouldn't destroy it. Cleared of his duties for a while, he decided to head back to his room.

He found two men sitting beside his door, talking to each other. One of them, the white-haired one, he recognised: it was Scarlen. Chris knew the guy didn't like big crowds, so he guessed the guy had slipped out as soon as the meeting was over. The other guy was unknown to him.

"Hi there!" Chris said. He walked over to the two. "I guess you were waiting for me?" He turned his attention to the new face. "I guess you must be Tanagan. Almandine mentioned your name during the meeting, saying you're a new member." He stretched out his hand and smiled. "I'm Christopher Hubbleton, the second-in-command. Call me Chris, please. It's great to meet you!"

16. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Tanagan almost jumped in surprise when he heard someone talk he'd been sitting in his own thoughts and hadn't heard someone coming. He quickly adjusted his turtleneck that'd slit down slightly before turning his attention to the person that was now sitting down a little way from him.

"No, I actually got lost trying to find my way around since is my first time in this tower. I didn't even know there was supposed to be a meeting of any kind. I just sat down here to wait for anyone to show up after giving up looking for any really." Tanagan explained while he sized up the man. He looked friendly enough or at least not hostile. Tanagan someone else was coming down the corridor while he was talking with the other guy.

"Hi there!" He greeted them. !"I guess you were waiting for me?" He then turned to Tanagan. "I guess you must be Tanagan. Almandine mentioned your name during the meeting, saying you're a new member." He stretched out his hand and smiled. "I'm Christopher Hubbleton, the second-in-command. Call me Chris, please. It's great to meet you!"

"Yeah that's me." Tanagan said as he got up and hesitantly shook Christ's hand. "I was waiting for no one in particular really. Just anyone that could help me find out where everything is since I've kinda manage to get lost in here. I just sat down to wait for anyone to show up after I gave up looking for people."

17. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    "Heh, I think I can help you out with that." Chris grinned. He knew how big the building was. He was there when the Eleutherians moved into it, but he still gets lost sometimes. "Believe it or not, but we actually have a map of the building. Hold on, let me go get it." He stood up and entered his office. He sighed upon seeing the huge mess inside. Finding the stack of building maps in this mess would be a hell of a job.

The best place to search for any kind of paperwork would be the desk. Chris walked over and started to open all the drawers.

"Not here..." He opened another drawer. There was complicated-looking paperwork everywhere, but no maps. "Not here..." He shoved some papers aside from his desk, lifted up some more and opened some binders that were stacked on the corner of the desk. No luck there either. "Damn it! I should get more organized!" he said to himself. He ran a hand through his short hair, starting to feel irritated and nervous because he was very much aware of the fact that people were waiting for him to come outside with a map. Taking him too long would look suspicious and might give Tanagan a bad view of him.

Suddenly, he spotted a stack of brightly colored papers on the couch.

"Oh yeah. I used them as a pillow," Chris said to himself. For some mysterious reason, stacking up a bunch of them and putting them behind your head as a pillow actually works. He grabbed the top one from the stack. It had a circular bump in the middle, the place where his head had rested. He hoped the map didn't smell too much like hair.

"Here's the map for you!" Chris opened the door and handed the map to Tanagan.

The big man sniffed upon receiving the paper.

"Did someone drop it in cheap skunk water?" he asks.

"..something like that." Chris decided not to go into detail there. "Anyway, I think that map should help you find your room. All of the new members sleep on the fifth floor, so I suggest you take the elevator down and ask the receptionist there."

"Milord, am I supposed to head to the meeting in the map room as well?" Scarlen asked.

Chris raised his eyebrows, surprised to hear this question. He knew the man didn't pay that much attention to his rank, but he had been in the Eleutherian faction longer than most members.

"Of course! I need you there as well. You're an important member of the faction and I would love to hear what you have to say about everything," he replied.

The three men talked on for a little while before Chris dismissed them, telling them he still had to prepare for the upcoming meeting. The map room was located on the building's twentieth floor and it was very easy to access for everyone.

Even though he had told the others to leave because he had to prepare for the upcoming meeting, he first lay down on the couch. His head still felt heavy.

After having lied down for about fifteen minutes, he got up and walked over to his desk. Because he had shoved all of his papers aside, it took him quite a while to find the papers he needed for the meeting: a list of people qualified to come including details on their trigger colors and stats, a binder filled with information on the Samanta faction and a detailed list on all of the locations and areas in Yovana. He left his office and headed over to the map room in order to prepare some things.

Chris watched as the people slowly started to come into the room. Two and a half hours had passed and the meeting was about to begin.
    "Alright guys, thank you for coming. I'll be starting the meeting now," he said, not doing any kind of headcount. Someone closed the door to the map room, preventing light from coming in. The map room itself was kind of shaped like an ancient Roman amphitheater: the projection of the map was in the bottom circle along with Chris, and from there, multiple rings were positioned around the ring, each having one row of seats, positioned in such a way that everyone could have a good look at the room.

"This is our current location," Chris said, pointing at Zalitro. At the point where his finger touched the map, a dot, previously not there, lighted up, marking the location. "The rules of the search game state that everyone can participate. The Cimmerian Trigger is hidden somewhere in Yovana: it could be anywhere. There is no time limit or a limit to the amount of people that can participate. Because of this, 95% of our faction will focus on searching for the stone. We will split up into several groups: one will search the southernmost area of the country, stretching from the lowest part of the west coast up til the Crop Farms, all the way to Lake Linz, Linz and the southwesternmost part of the Alt Mountains. A second group will travel trough the southernmost part of the Central Forest, the Power Facilities, the southern part of the Alt Mountains up til the ancient town of Placcho. The third group will head north and investigate the southern part of the Blamur Desert along with Willy Willy World and the Crop Farms. The fourth group will investigate the northern part of the Blamur Desert, Kalgouat and the tiny part of the Blamur desert to the west of Kalgouat. Group number five will investigate the area around Tror, the Carp Lakes and the Livestock Farms. Group number six will take care of the middle part of the Central Forest. The seventh group will investigate the Burned Forest, Thug Town and the northernmost part of the Central Forest, along with the northernmost part of the swampy area located to the northeast. Group number eight will investigate the northern part of the Alt Mountains along with the rest of the swamp area, including the two deserted industrial parks previously belonging to Pharma Co., the remaining industrial park and Pharma City. Finally, the last group will investigate the Alt Mountains all the way to Handel and its surrounding area."

Chris had swiftly divided the country into nine sections, totally not improving on the spot or anything like that. He had used his finger to draw lines on the map, creating fluorescent lines that clearly showed the sections to all the members currently present.

"As you guys know, we're lucky to have quite a lot of members, which means we can send out thirty to fifty members in each group. You are supposed to stick together a bit and investigate the area your group is assigned to, but feel free to split up a bit and go search with one or two people. Don't go off on your own, or else we won't know you're missing or not. I repeat: do not go off on your own. Choose someone you can work together with and stick together with that person." Chris took out a remote and pressed a button. The tiny screens in front of the people's chairs lit up, showing two options.

"Alright, I want everyone to take a look at the two options given. As you can see, you can either choose to list someone you want to be in a group with or you can decide to leave it up to our group randomizer. I'll give you guys ten minutes to fill in the names of those you want to be teamed up with and what area you'd like to investigate. After that, we'll start the randomizer and see what the groups will look like!"
    Chris sat back and took a few sips out of a glass of water, waiting for the people present to finish voting. After the ten minutes had passed, he stood up again. He pressed a button on the remote and the map screen changed to a screen showing the randomizer.

"As you guys know, those who are considered less experienced will be divided randomly because they simply don't have enough experience to go off on their own. Their names have been added in with this list as well," he said to the audience. He pressed another button and the randomizer did its thing.

The results lit up on the screen.

18. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    With such a recent tragedy like the death of a King one might expect the heavens to weep, for water to pour from the sky. They would be wrong in this case though, as despite the tragedy life goes on, as does the cycle of the sun. The suns beams encompasses the land in its glory, lighting up as many dark areas as it could, one of these areas was the Central Forest, the top of it at least. At the bottom, further into the forest, where the light dies out leaving only darkness, a cloaked man slunk through the horde of tree's feeling at home in his natural environment.

Suddenly, the male stopped moving and glanced towards his left, his blue eyes narrowing at the darkness. Just as a piece of silver hair swept past his eye a blur leapt from the darkness towards the figure only to be met with a green barrier the size of a head. Just as quick as the barrier appeared, it disappeared only to be replaced with a foot that impacted with the attackers head launching the body backwards. Finally taking note of his attacker, the male took in the features of the grey wolf and suddenly went on alert. After all, where there was one wolf there was commonly a pack.

Sure enough, after finishing this thought the male disappeared from sight only to reappear a few metres away, his previous spot being taken up by four other wolves. Huffing out of his nose, the male scanned the wolves and the surrounding area,

"Come on Hektor, think. This pack seems surprisingly smart compared to usual, that means I can't afford direct combat. I need to lure them into a chase, somewhere I have the advantage, but where?" Continuing his search, he had to duck, before kicking off the ground to backflip away in order to avoid an attack from a wolf and then its follow up. Cursing to himself, Hektor frantically searched before seeing his escape. Turning his gaze back to the pack that seemed ready to attack again, Hektor raised his right hand and baited them, causing them to launch at the man.

Taking the opportunity provided to him, Hektor jumped upwards before kicking off of a wolf's head giving himself some extra height, he then followed this up by kicking off the air beneath him giving himself the needed boost to reach the tree tops above him. Breathing more heavily, Hektor glanced at the wolves only to see them look back at him he gave a smirk before leaping away. Behind him he could hear the howls of outrage causing his smirk to turn into a grin of pure amusement.

"Alright, seems I got their attention, not lets get to work." Leaping down from the tree-top, Hektor landed into a roll and softened his landing and allowed him to carry a little more distance. Quickly turning he drew one of his daggers, its appearance causing the air around Hektor to become more dense. With a smirk he raised his free hand and summoned another barrier, once again blocking a lunge but instead of kicking the wolf, he drove his dagger into its head, quickly ending it. He then ducked and disappeared again before reappearing beside a tree behind the other three wolves, a frown on his face. All the rest of the forest could hear was the howls of a once strong pack being snuffed out one by one.

Not long after Hektor could be seen approaching a forked river, his blue eyes trained upon a simple rock between the two forks. After reaching it, he quickly pushed it away revealing a hollow inside and a wooden box. Opening the wooden box Hektor brought out a piece of paper, whatever was written on the paper cause a frown to appear on his face,
    "I see, nothing. Suppose I have a funeral to prepare for then." Quickly placing the now empty box back where he got it and covering I with the hollow rock, Hektor turned around and walked back into the forest, being consumed by the shadows.

19. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    Gwenwyn had known about the death of the king for quite a time before the messenger burst into her office. After all, the walls weren't thick enough to drown out the exclamations and confusion of an entire faction, no matter how much Gwenwyn desired them to be. Even so, she allowed the messenger to fumble through his statements as he desperately attempted to avoid staring. She nodded crisply in response, turning away as he shut the door hastily.

The king was dead. She sighed, the air whistling slightly through the tears and scars zig-zagging across her mouth. She had hoped that Samanta would have more time to bolster its ranks before the hunt for the Trigger began, but they would have to work with what they had. She didn't doubt that they would find a way. For a future of freedom under Samanta, they had to.

Gwenwyn stood slowly, turning off the radio quietly playing at her desk and discarding the paperwork she had been looking over. Xerox had no doubt been informed of the demise of the king, and she imagined he was already forming a strategy with Guerro. She left without haste, closing the door behind her and making her way calmly down the halls towards Xerox's room.

Arriving in front of it, she knocked on the door and stepped to the side to wait with her arms crossed absently. It would be rude to barge in on a meeting of her superiors, after all, no matter the circumstance.

20. Wyxamex

Wyxamex No Man

PokéPoints:
    ₽96.4
    Xerox looked up expectingly as he heard the knock resounding through the room just as he had gotten up, and before Guerro had even a chance to reply to the strategy he had just given. Straightening his tie quickly, and clearing his throat, his voice resounded clearly through the room - and outside it, of course. "Enter."

In the silent moments a few thoughts raced through his head once more. Ways to get ahead of Eleutheria, plans for the future, even potential fights. And he realized it'd probably be best to try to cripple the opponent under the radar before the race even began.

He'd get on that soon. First, however, there was someone outside waiting to talk to him. He put on a charming smile and turned his attention toward the girl entering his office.

"Gwenwyn, I was expecting you. I assume you want to know about the plans so far?"