1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Citations in Writing

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Wizard, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    When writing a paper, we often have to write a bibliography and cite our sources to avoid plagiarism. While this is a good thing, it can often be tedious to go through and cite all of our sources accurately. Fortunately, there are citation generators on the internet that can help with that!

Do you have a hard time properly citing sources? Do you have to write a lot of bibliographies? What's the hardest part about it? Is this one of the most boring topics you have ever seen on Lake Valor?

I, for one, am not a huge fan of writing bibliographies, but I love all of the websites that do it for me, it sure makes life a lot easier.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Yes, that's easily the most tedious part of writing a research paper. I have no problems with doing the actual research, but without auto-citation websites the process is annoying.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,686.5
    I do have experience with it, and it's somewhat difficult for me. I do believe that I have some examples in my files. Just ask me if you would like to see how I do them. I will warn you, they might not be good but I did probably get around a B on them. I can do a DM/PM of them to you, with some edits of my name.

4. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    Shh. We do not talk of the citations. They come and haunt us on our worst nightmares.

I hope that gives insight into my thoughts on them, but if it weren't clear, I dislike them. They're the most annoying thing that we have to do when writing, even if they do save our tails from being attacked for plagiarism. I'm probably one of the few who still does it, willing or not. I don't need to fail my classes right now. I'm close to having school done and away with.

5. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Although I Did Not Write Much On Research Or Report Paper, I Always Give Source Link To My Works.
    Like How I Actually Put The Link Of The Reference Source In Few Chapter Of My Cassini-Huygens Mission Fanfiction, 'The Memories' In Wattpad As Example.

6. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,152.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    In-text citations are fine for me, but I really dislike bibliographies. The auto-fill websites (for example EasyBib) all seem to be overrun by ads and I don’t think they’re always accurate.

7. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Oh astronomy, how I love citing in your field. All the scientific papers I read are in one place, and they all support latex (mainly because they were all written in latex). All I have to do is open a simple latex document, make a sub-section, copy the citation information from the website and throw it randomly into the sub-section, then go to the bottom of the main page and just type bibliography. For those who don't know, latex is part paper writing software, part coding software. So when I say all I need to do is write bibliography at the bottom, I mean it, its like a coding command and it prints it out in the same formatting as the rest of the paper. I don't even need to organize anything, latex does it for me, its free, and has no adds. Its really the best software for writing scientific papers and I love astronomy for making everything so convenient. In text citations are equally as easy. Latex I hear is a bit of a pain to get on your computer, I just use sharelatex for the few of you who are interested.

8. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    That is actually pretty darn impressive. Thanks for sharing SyWry!

I use a citation machine through the Uni and it gets the job done. I do agree though, I hate having to cite but you gotta do what you gotta do right?

9. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I’ve always found them one of the easier parts of writing a paper. Just provide the links and names of the articles/books you’re using, and use the name in quotations after a quote.

10. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    The problem isn't the citing itself, but rather the sheer detail that goes into the citation, especially when it comes to citing non-book sources. And it needs to be in an EXACT order. :wry: