1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 2 Climb to the Top: Share your Elite Four Stories

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by OzoneFruit, Sep 20, 2017.

1. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    The final hurdle to become Champion, the hardest battles yet, the SPAMMING OF THE FULL RESTORES. What are some of you clutchest, heart-stopping, or downright hilariously easy moments battling the Elite 4 of Johto?

Mine was actually very much down to the wire, like, make it or break it. I was battling Lance, and his INAPPROPRIATELY LEVELED DRAGONITES had managed to knock out all of my Pokémon except one. My Level 50 Pinsir vs the last Level 50 Pokémon. The way things were looking, the next two turns would determine the winner, and it was all in Dragonite's favor. I was out of potions, I hadn't saved since facing Will, and none of my moves were enough to 3HKO it, much less 2HKO it. Except one.

Guillotine.

Equal levels, 30% accuracy. I was very much in doubt that I would pull this off, and was resigned to starting over. But it was my only shot. Closing my eyes, I tapped my screen.

SNIKT

NO. NO WAY.
    I opened my eyes.

IT'S A ONE KIT KO. LANCE'S DRAGONITE FAINTED!

And that is the story of how I raised that Pinsir up to Level 100 and how it's children later became awesome, glorious Mega Pinsirs come XY. (After I IV judged it, it was actually pretty darn good :O)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Yo, Goozma! Interesting idea!

Heh, my first foray into this Elite Four was an absolute disaster. I didn't have a strategy guide, and the Internet had only just begun to expand to the wretched hive of scum and villainy massive information depot that it is today, so I did what I do best: study and plan. I worked through each and every boss, figuring out their teams and moves and planning my team around them. I can't remember the team I ended up using, but I remember it being one of the most difficult things I'd had to do in a game up to that time (aside from some of the missions in TIE Fighter...).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    OzoneFruit likes this.
  3. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    Nuzlocke. Nearly all my team died except for my Ampharos. Don't wanna talk about it.

4. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    It was the final battle with the champion. After at least 20 tries, I finally made it all the way to that Dragonite. It was down to that beast and my Meganium. Potions and full restores weren't doing much for me, so I put my faith in one last Razor Leaf, even knowing that would not be enough to take it down. Then, a miracle of all miracles, it dealt a critical hit and I finally beat Lance.

5. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Ohhhhhhhhh, I remember this happening to me when challenging the E4 in Crystal... I can't remember exactly who was the last person you battle before the champion, but WOW I got pushed over so many times. I had three known water types on my team (Feraligatr, Suicune and the Red Gyarados), which makes me believe that it was the Grass E4 lady. I eventually defeated them, but... the thought haunts me a little more as I am thinking about getting Silver XD

6. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    Not counting my Emerald run, I didn't beat an E4 fairly until XY. Though in the remakes, the only real amount of cheating I remember is just increasing EXP gain. I didn't get the Gen 2 games until long after Emerald, and I got my butt kicked a lot. That's basically how it has ever gone. Don't remember how far I got, just that it was before I kept my Pokémon all around the same level instead of overleveling one just to one/two shot everything.