1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

[CLOSED] (Murder Mystery RP) A Smile-less Soirée [Sign-Ups]

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by BaroqueGrimoire, Oct 17, 2017.

1. BaroqueGrimoire

BaroqueGrimoire The Aureate Sorcerer

Nouveau
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽308.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    [​IMG]

Welcome everyone...
    ...To an evening filled with the most unpleasant of festivities.

This time, we've got a very special little tale for you...
    The year is 1947: WWII has barely ended and all of England is recovering from its damage.
    You are invited to attend a gala at Bridle Hall on the island of Inner Farne, just off the coast of Northumberland.
    Each and every one of you had received a letter, with specific instructions written by a mysterious couple that nobody seems to remember clearly...

Dear *name*,

You may not remember me, but we used to go to middle school together.
    I was a wallflower back then, but you really showed me how to open up to others.

Perhaps I ought to have written to you earlier... But I know you've been quite busy.
    As for myself, I've not yet gotten over that quietness.
    Surely you remember my little crush from back then, don't you?
    You know, John Dole? The scrawny fellow with the brown curls and green eyes?
    Well... We've gotten married! Yes, yes, it was a surprise to me too!
    I thought he wouldn't make it back from the front alive, but, he did, and we married the very next day.
    He's quite well-off nowadays, even managed to purchase all of Inner Farne and we built our house there.

In fact, we want to invite you to Bridle Hall to come and join us in our fun.
    Included with this letter is a ticket for the train to Chathill which departs from Victoria Station on the 17th of November, at noon sharp.
    Once you've arrived in Chathill, there'll be a servant waiting at the station to take you to Seahouses and, from its harbour, to Inner Farne.

Sincerely Yours,

Mr. John Dole
    &
    Mrs. Susan Dole-Ninn

Will you attend? Will you join?

Will you survive?

[​IMG]

Rules and Guidelines:

- This is NOT a Pokémon RP, all characters are ordinary human beings.
    - All character sign-ups must be approved of beforehand.

List of Attendees:
    1. Baroque Grimoire as Avery Westre
    2. PokémonFan26 as Samuel Balei
    3. Cadbberry as Helen Banes
    4. Lunar-Peacle as Lilith Greysworth
    5. Enasencca as Augustus Hale
    6. Eustace Preston (NPC)
    7. Beatrice D'Arcy (NPC)
    8. Eleanore Bucket (NPC)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name:
    Personality:
    Appearance:
    Hometown:
    Background (put this in a SPOILER-tag, nobody is supposed to read the background of the other attendees):

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    JadeFox likes this.
  2. BaroqueGrimoire

Nouveau
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽308.1
    Name: Avery Westre
    Occupation: Secretary to the chief editor of the West London Observer
    Personality: A clever and meticulous man, Avery always appears to know more than he lets on. Or, perhaps it may well be that he simply observes more than he should. Nonetheless, he often acts kind and warm to anyone he meets, a trick he learned from his boss to get people to answer sensitive questions more easily. His hobbies include swimming and playing chess... the latter preferably with a glass of strong and sugar-stuffed absinthe...
    Appearance: Avery is a tall and slender man, always wearing a simple white dress-shirt with a black waistcoat and black tweed trenchcoat. His trousers are black, and so are his shoes, always neatly polished. The only thing of significance to his appearance is his white gold heirloom ring, studded with a large sapphire, that he always wears on his left ring finger for an unknown reason.
    Hometown: London
    Background (put this in a SPOILER-tag, nobody is supposed to read the background of the other attendees):
    Avery has made a few mistakes in the past. In his early childhood he worked as a servant to local nobility, but when he went out to swim near the Thames with his master's family, a dreadful accident happened: the nobleman's only heir, with a weak constitution mind you, went out to swim too far out into the ocean. Avery tried to swim after him to try and save him... but he failed. This caused him to be charged with manslaughter but he was acquitted in court on the insistence of the parents of the child. His former master gave him an heirloom ring that was supposed to be inherited by the child as a parting gift. That incident along with a thousand-mile stare that he sustained during wartime has made Avery a wary and sometimes even paranoid man.

#2 Oct 17, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  3. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Name: James Yami
    Personality: Shifty fellow who likes to stay to himself. Large amounts of people seem to make him somewhat stressed. Often the one who's going to find a small, secluded but cool room and keep to himself in it. Seems to value comfort.
    Appearance: A calm man with a simple hairdo. Has a violin strapped to his back, a comfortable-looking green hoodie, and simple but comfortable-looking pants. Simple but, yes, comfortable-looking sneakers.
    Hometown: London
    "Every person is entitled to their own beliefs. Some people dont have any. But I believe in what nobody, absolutely nobody in this world even knows about. "
    "But when you're different, people dont seem to like it. Sometimes you have to lie. I've done a lot of lying. But every person is entitled to their opinion, no matter what anybody happens to say..."
    "Every person needs their sanctuary. But I do not. so I just must blend in and wait for the squid demon to set me free."

so there you go backgroundstory blech
    this is a human version of another oc because i have literally no plain human oc's older then like 20. if i can do like a 13 year old (which i doubt) then i'll change this to something better

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. BaroqueGrimoire

Nouveau
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽308.1

I’m sorry but this won’t do. You clearly did no research on the zeitgeist of post war Britain whatsoever, and you did not produce a background story that is appropriate for the mystery-genre.

5. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    Name: Samuel Balei
    Personality: Quiet and secluded, intelligent but naive. Tends to read a lot, and when focusing on something, can get a mental version of tunnel vision, often failing to notice other people/objects around him.
    Appearance: Brown, tidy hair with green eyes that have bags underneath them due to overworking. Dresses tidily, however, when stressed, Samuel can often appear messy.
    Hometown: Cambridge
    Background:
    Having taken a knack to reading at a young age, Samuel often kept himself isolated from others, prefering to get lost in the pages of book after book. Eventually finding himself working at the library since before the events of WWII, he entered his dream job. He now heads to Bridle Hall for a long due vacation, unaware what will soon take place there.

#5 Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    BaroqueGrimoire likes this.
  6. BaroqueGrimoire

Nouveau
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽308.1
    Approved.

7. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I have to do research?

*Walking out of the thread*

sorry i'm a lazy squidoodle :I

8. BaroqueGrimoire

Nouveau
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽308.1
    I’m sorry to hear that, but yeah ... for (most) RPs you are required to put in effort.
    Otherwise it wouldn’t be as much fun or immersive, y’see?

9. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Name: Helen Banes
    Personality: A soft-spoken woman, focuses on the little things. Does not like to be the center of attention and prefers to be in the background. She is an inviting person and enjoys to make others happy but has few to open with since she works so much. A skilled writer but her dyslexia causes some issues with her passion and work.
    Appearance: A taller woman with short wavy brown hair, a small wrapped hat with a single flower on her head. Very light makeup, gentle pink lip color, and a slight blush applied. A two-piece outfit with a blouse and pencil skirt, small heels on as well.
    Hometown: Edinburgh
    Since she was young she was told and trained to cook and clean, very talented in the kitchen but as she got older she became louder and more opinionated. This made her undesirable as a wife and she found her self-getting into her late teens. Her father resented her and took out the anger on her by neglecting her needs until she finally started to shut down. She no longer would share her emotions and hide her smarts to please others. A man finally took her as a girlfriend in her 20s, she has little time for other activities, if she isn't cooking or cleaning up after her partner, she is at work or attempting to write her own story.

Let me know if I need to change anything :3

Lunar-Peacle and BaroqueGrimoire like this.
  10. BaroqueGrimoire

Nouveau
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽308.1
    Approved! ^_^

Cadbberry likes this.
  11. Lunar-Peacle

Lunar-Peacle Of Moonlight and a Thousand Eyes

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    Name: Lilith Greysworth
    Personality: Lilith is the kind of woman who is not willing to back down without a fight (verbally that is). She knows how to handle difficult situations with a calm mind and prompt action, however, it gives the impression that she seems bossy and somewhat rude. She speaks fluent French and German as well, having learnt them at school and her line of work.
    Appearance: She has dark hair usually tied up in a bun and blue eyes. Outside her nurse attire, she usually wears a navy blue knee length buttoned up dress with elbow length sleeves, with black heeled pumps. Little to no makeup save for a touch of bright lipstick.
    Hometown: Manchester.
    She was from a humble home in Manchester with her parents and younger sister. At age 18, during the war, she, then a school teacher, signed up to be a nurse as part of Queen Alexandra’s Imperial Military Nursing Service (QAIMNS) when they were looking for more staff. As she was dispatched to Germany to work as a nurse, she spent two years there, on one occasion being captured as a prisoner of war. When she was released, she resumed her duties as a nurse until the end of the war. Once the war was over, it took her a long few years to reestablish a life back to normal. While she is no longer needed in the field, she still continues her work as a nurse in Barnes Hospital back in Manchester. Her time spent as a prisoner made her more wary about people. Despite her profession that requires her to reach out to those in need, it did nothing to resolve the increased paranoia she has over others sometimes.

Any changes needed please let me know---

#11 Oct 18, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
    BaroqueGrimoire likes this.
  12. BaroqueGrimoire

Nouveau
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽308.1

Approved! :3

Cadbberry likes this.
  13. Enasencca

Enasencca Ace Trainer

Mercury
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽592.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Rocky Helmet ★★★★★PokéBallPokéBallGreat Ball
    Name: Augustus Hale
    Personality:
    Augustus is a calm and quiet person. His tendency to not speak up often paints him as quiet and timid, but in reality he just dislikes wasting his voice. He's quiet because he doesn't need to be loud to make himself heard. He tends to be sweet to those younger than him, but is otherwise incredibly withdrawn and silent around others. His hobbies include reading and taking long walks.
    Appearance:
    A tall man, standing at '6"1, Augustus has pale skin and ice blue eyes. His dark brown hair is always neatly combed, and he wears a rather worn top hat and is never seen dressed sloppily. Although his clothes vary from day to day, he always dresses formally and holds a mahogany cane that's less to help him walk and more for decoration.
    Hometown: Oxfordshire
    Augustus hasn't the happiest of lives. He grew up in Oxfordshire and was happy for a while until his father and mother fell prey to a mysterious illness, and their wealth going to his uncle, who had no interest in raising him. It seemed that Augustus would be forced to live on the streets.

It was at this moment that a good friend of his father's, Terrence Faradell, a skilled tailor, took him in as his apprentice and began to teach him the art. They lived together until one day, Augustus made a terrible mistake. Terrence was deadly allergic to milk, and usually didn't consume any, but one day Augustus accidentally added cheese to their dinner, unknowing of this. Terrence died due to his allergy, much to Augustus's horror when he realized what he had just did. He was afraid of being branded a murderer if he disclosed his mistake, as the two had a fight just earlier that day and that dinner had been meant as an apology. So he kept it a secret, the death deemed natural and he inherited Terrence's wealth. He never stopped feeling guilty though.

14. BaroqueGrimoire

Nouveau
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽308.1
    Approved~! :D

15. BaroqueGrimoire

Nouveau
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽308.1
    I am hereby closing the sign ups! The remaining 3 characters will be NPCs controlled by yours truly.

UPDATE:

I have almost completed the preparations for the plot.
    The lay-out of the mansion and its surroundings will be distributed to the players in due time.
    Please have a little bit more patience, I intend to post the RP thread itself on Monday the 13th of November.

Cadbberry likes this.