1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Group RP Cobalt Crew Chronicles: Caverns of Cold Steel

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by OzoneFruit, Jul 10, 2020.

1. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    This is the roleplay thread for Cobalion's Cobalt Crew of Summer Scramble 2020!

Kyurem's rampage across Unova is causing a terrible winter and the stores of coal are quickly running low. To make things worse, Monsters of unknown origin have taken over one of Unova's most coal-rich mines. Make a team of warriors and reclaim the mines before it is too late!

As Unova gets colder, a crew of brave (or perhaps foolhardy) Pokémon continue the now perilous job of mining coal from a frozen Twist Mountain. Adventure, danger, and (possibly) hilarity await!

Meet the cast!
    @OzoneFruit as Royce the Rolycoly, as well as the narrator

@HeroofFire101 as Angharad the Charmeleon

@Jupjami as Bluegrass the Ivysaur

@Riddles as Riley the Riolu

@Captain Comet as Amy the Kirlia

@Chicken as Ciara the Corvisquire

@TripleAAABattery as Demyx the Dewott

Let the journey begin!

Name: Royce
    Species: Rolycoly

Personality: Hot-tempered and busybody

Backstory: Royce is a fiery, talkative, workaholic Pokémon from Scotland the Galar Region who moved to Unova in prospects of new mining opportunities. If he's not working, he's cranky, but when he's on the job, he's the zippiest little bundle of rocks and embers you'll meet! A born spelunker and miner, he excels at scoping out good dig sites, carving out every little nook and cranny until there's no riches left in the area. Spray a little water on him and you'll really see how fast (and foul-mouthed) he can get!

Movepool:
    - Stealth Rock ("Ah hae tae keep those other miners awa' somehaw!")
    - Rapid Spin ("Drilling's stoaner wark, but someone's gotta dae it!")
    - Rock Blast ("I'll crack these walls doon loch an eeg, hawhaw!")
    - Incinerate ("Ah crust, Ah melted it a bit tay much it seems.")

Trivia:
    - If he had hair, he'd be a redhead.
    - He currently works with Angharad Hayden as the wheels and miner of the duo.
    - Royce hates his final evolution Coalossal because it loses the wheels of Rolycoly and Carkoal.

Name: Angharad Hayden
    Species: Charmelon (early 20s)

Personality: Hardy and blunt, has a slight temper, spitfire, but kind
    Backstory: She's a blacksmith, inheriting her father's forge after he passed away thanks to Kyurem. She needs the coals from the mine for her forge, so that she can continue making armor and weapons for the warriors. After she heard the stories that some unknown monsters invaded the coal mine, she came from her forge to see if there's anything she can do anything to help.

Moveset: Flamethrower, Metal Claw, Scary Face, Dragon Rage

Trivia: She's a blacksmith, and she speaks with a Welsh accent, and she's kind of hard to understand when she get's going. She's also the ancestor to Anna Hayden, so have fun with that knowledge. She may not go into the cave because she's a fire type and doesn't want to any injuries, but she's willing to help with creating any tools the group needs, ranging from picks and tools, to armor and weapons.

Name: Bluegrass
    Species: Ivysaur

Personality: calm, level-headed, cautious

Backstory: Bluegrass is an Explorer from the faraway Kanto region; he, along with his partner went on an expedition to Unova to explore a large mine supposedly filled with treasure. Unfortunately this coincided with Kyurem's rampage, and while exploring one of the mines, they were ambushed by monsters. Overwhelmed, tired and out of PP, it seemed 'twould be the end; then his partner, a Wartortle, sacrificed himself so Bluegrass can escape unscathed...

Movepool: Vine Whip, Razor Leaf, Sleep Powder, Poison Powder

Trivia: Though Bluegrass is Kantonese, he has a slight Galarian accent... he also likes playing fast country music on his vines during his free time, which his partner jokingly referred to as bluegrass music~ He is also quite a peacemaker at heart, and will do his best to quell blokes who are fighting...

Name: Riley
    Species: Riolu
    Personality: Cheerful, lively, and energetic. A little bit mischievous.

Backstory:
    Riley was taken in by a wandering troupe when she was just an egg. She's spent most of her life with them, traveling the world, visiting all kinds of strange places. Once she was old enough to become a part of the show, she very quickly became one of the troupe's most skilled acrobats. She even learned how to apply these skills in combat. More recently, they ended up in Unova, where things unfortunately went very wrong. An accident during one of the performances resulted in a fire breaking out during the show. Thankfully, nobody was injured, but the troupe's reputation was forever ruined. They were already struggling financially, and after this incident, they were forced to disband. Riley, desperate to find any kind of work, took on a rather dangerous job - hunting down monsters in a coal mine.

Movepool:
    -Counter
    -Force Palm
    -Swords Dance
    -Bullet Punch

Trivia:
    - Riley's been to so many places, and met so many different Pokémon with different dialects growing up, that she doesn't have any kind of discernible accent.
    - A performer at heart, she never misses a chance to show off.

Name: Amy
    Species: Kirlia

Personality: Optimistic, energetic, and caring, but a bit too trusting at times. She doesn't like talking about her past.

Backstory: Amy, originally named Ava, was born in Hoenn to a Gardevoir and Medicham couple. They were never very well-off financially, but did everything they could to make sure Amy didn't feel it. They rented a small house on the coast and were happy, despite being poor. But one day, Hurricane Sheryl, a category 5 hurricane, tore through the region, causing a level of damage that hadn't been seen in decades. Amy's house and parents were unfortunately part of the casualties. Since she wasn't old enough to take care of herself and didn't have any known family, she was put into an orphanage. She was treated well there, but there was this sense of despair over all the kids, as if they all knew deep down they would never be adopted. But she was the exception. After two years in the orphanage, a strange Hypno visited, and took an interest in Amy. He ended up adopting her, and Amy was excited about bonding with her new family...

However, once they got home, she quickly realized something was wrong. This Hypno live alone out in the woods, far away from anyone else. She was shown her new bedroom, which was in the basement and was more of a storage closet with a cot than an actual bedroom. It was dirty, empty, and for some reason, was locked from the outside. As it turned out, this Hypno didn't want a daughter, he wanted a prisoner. A slave. For four years she suffered, locked away in this closet and forced to work for food. Everything from polishing the floors to cleaning out the air ducts was her job. She always had a weird collar around her neck that seemed to be linked to the house like some sort of psychic rope. Whenver she strayed to far, it would violently yank her back, which she learned the hard way within the first few days. On top of this, she was always locked back into her "bedroom" when the Hypno left the house.

But secretly, whenever he wasn't home, Amy practiced her psychic powers, which slowly grew over the years. One day, she finally managed to break the collar on her neck, unlock the door, and run away into the woods. Eventually she found a small port town and stowed away on a boat to Unova. On the way, she reflecting on her past, resolving to leave everything behind in Hoenn and completely reinvent herself in Unova, even taking on the name Amy. She remembered her childhood dream of becoming a dancer, and decided that that was what she was going to do with her new life. The first thing she needed to do was find an easy job where nobody would ask questions so she could start getting money. However, the only thing she could find was a request for Pokémon to rid the coal mines of monsters. No questions were asked, she didn't have to talk about where she came from, and the pay was alright. Plus, with her psychic abilities, she wouldn't have to get right in the face of danger. Surely she could handle this job, right?

Movepool: Psychic, Disarming Voice, Life Dew, Double Team

Trivia:
    -Amy tries to talk with a Unovan accent, but actually has a very strong Hoennese accent, which bleeds through a bit.
    -Due to striving to be a dancer, Amy is very light on her feet and surprisingly agile

Name: Ciara
    Species: Corvisquire

Personality: Calm, level-headed, cynical at times, slightly devoid of emotion, can be cunning and strategic

Backstory: Originating from the Galar region, Ciara worked as a guide for adventurers, showing them around multiple landmarks. She was exceptionally good at her job, having rich knowledge on the region, as well as her ability to carry other Pokémon, making her a valuable asset of the tourism sector. However, this job was also incredibly tiring, causing her to develop a cynical and emotionless personality. This quickly became a problem, as clients were quick to become bored during the tour. Eventually, Ciara resigned from working in Galar, and recently moved to Unova to work as a librarian. During her time there, she heard some news regarding coal shortages, and knew she should investigate.

Movepool:
    - Drill Peck
    - Taunt
    - Power Trip
    - Hone Claws

Trivia:
    - Due to having travelled a lot during her tourist days, Ciara does not have a strong accent, although there are hints of a Galarian one.
    - Ciara has a permanently tired expression due to the amount of stress she received on her first job.

Name: Demyx
    Species: Dewott

Personality: Jolly and determined, though can sometimes go overboard.

Backstory: A Dewott who was born and raised in Unova, and quite proud of the fact. As a young Oshawott he always looked up to his father who was a part of the Unovan Defense Force, and always imagined himself being in his dad's shoes, and would... be quite energetic in this. His father ended up retiring, but offered to help use that energy to train up to be a respectable fighter. Demyx accepted of course.

Nowadays, he's a bit more lax, though his high spirit and good attitude hasn't changed. Just like his own father, he became a member of the Unovan Defense force, though still nowhere comparable to how his father was right now. Many, many difficulties came about as soon as Kyurem's rampage began. He heard of the stories of Kyurem in the past, but couldn't have ever imagined the amount of havoc and damage it was able to cause. Nearly all of the defense force's current efforts have shifted towards putting a stop towards this rampage, which unfortunately left them short handed for any other matters.

During this, news arrived to them about many creatures invading the coal mines, with little known facts about said creatures. They could only afford to send one member due to how short staffed they are, which Demyx volunteered to take part of, who was already feeling antsy not being able to take part of the current Kyurem efforts as is. Not only that, but he's heard that a group of Pokémon were already gathering to handle the issue and couldn't help but be concerned that innocent Pokémon would get hurt. So he sets off.

Movepool: Razor Shell, Focus Energy, Aqua Jet, Night Slash

Trivia:
    - If he's especially in a rush, he wont hesitate to Aqua Jet to his destination. This can cause a bit of a mess though.
    And yes he's going to arrive to the scene via Aqua Jet.
    - While having calmed more as he grew, as soon as battle is involved, he can hardly help himself from getting involved.
    - As he's stayed in Unova his whole life, he has some trouble understanding foreign accents to him.

Twist Mountain Map Upper.png

Twist Mountain Map Middle.png

Twist Mountain Map Lowest.png

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  2. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    TWO MONTHS AFTER THE GREAT FREEZE…

Twist Mountain.png

Within the heart of Twist Mountain a weary crew continued to slug away at the frozen rock. What was once a lively, bustling mining complex filled with hundreds of round-the-clock workers, the mountain’s bowl had been reduced to a frozen hole of a few dozen or so. Workers either brave, foolish, or desperate enough to keep at it, or those who came in under a newfound title of occupation.

A Heatmor grunted in exertion as he unloaded another chunk of ore off the carts. His fiery tongue flicked uneasily as he looked towards the sky. Several Flying-type Pokémon patrolled the air, looking for shifts in the weather, and acting as sentries for potential danger from above. The clouds were grey and swirling, but so far, the crew had been blessed with several days without snow. Still, he wondered how long that fortune would last…

“Hartman!” the Heatmor turned as he saw a large Beartic striding towards him. Hartman felt yet another twinge of envy as he looked at the Ice-type Pokémon. Out of all the resident of Unova, they had naturally been the least affected by this disaster.

“Hey, Boss,” the Heatmor replied. “’Nother cart just got back from the upper levels. Good deal of Gems. But that’s about it.”

“Baaaaah,” the Beartic growled in frustration. “We’re runnin’ out of reserves, even without the stuff we have to send out. Angharad’s been getting’ cranky, and you know how she gets when she can’t keep the forges runnin’. Do you think we can make another venture into the lower caverns?”

“Not too sure, Boss,” Hartman. “That new crew of Frosthunters had a lot of bravado and offered to lead some parties deeper, but after that last incident with those… things. Well, you heard what upper management said. We can’t afford any more losses.”

The Beartic huffed. “Blasted monsters,” he growled. “Even for me, it’s getting’ colder than a Snover’s backside up here. I can’t imagine what the rest of you are going through. Where are those new Frosthunters anyways?”

“Regular patrol right now,” Hartman said. “A couple of ‘em went with Royce, but knowing him, I’m sure he’s ditched ‘em and gone to do whatever he wants. No matter, I’m sure they’re having a grand old time.”

#2 Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  3. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,473.3
    Angharad looked around, seeing the miners running around, working while nervous about what's happening and fearing the unknown. She then turned to see her stock of coal. She cursed under her breath. "Stupid demons preventing me from getting the coal I need to forge more and better tools." In her thick Welsh accent. She decided to shout at the foreman Hartman. "HARTMAN, WHERE ARE THOSE FROSTHUNTERS? THEY NEED TO CLEAR OUT THE MINES SO I CAN FORGE!"

"WE KNOW, HAYDEN! THE NEXT GROUP OF THEM ARE COMING, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHEN!" The Beartic shouted back at her, then he turned his back to her.

"They better be." Angharad grumbled, "Royce can't get the better coal from deep within the mine." She grabbed one of coals that were still hot. "This better be enough to last me until those new Frosthunters can get the mine cleared out." She then turned to the entrance, and sighed, "Royce can't go through there alone, and I can't go in there. I'm not daff to go in. Da wouldn't want his only kid lost. I have to deal with this, and when the workers don't need me, then I can get back home in me home forge. He would of wanted that. Why did that damn Kyurem kill my Da and cause this winter, anyway?" Then she snorted, tossing the coal back into her furnace. "Oh who am I kidding? Those Frosthunters have to clear out the mine, and me da will be at rest." She then glanced back at the mine entrance. "Royce, you damn cartio, you better get back here or else." She lifted up her hammer, shaking her head. "I can't lose someone I care again. Not after Da."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Royce was not having a grand old time.

"We ur in a load o' trauchle" he muttered, as he stared at the scene in front of him.

"We are in a load of trouble."

His party was in a main tunnel of the mines, one that should have led straight back to the camp outside. It was a relatively smooth tunnel, wide enough for the largest of Fighting-type Pokémon to carry stone without worry. It was supposed to be free of tripping hazards. It was supposed to be well-illuminated by the glow of Roggenrola and Boldore crystals.

It was NOT supposed to be frozen over and sealed off with ice.

"Whin in th' name o'... Whin did this git 'ere?!" Royce exclaimed, his Galarian accent sounded quite angry, but had an undertone of fear. "This wisnae 'ere whin we cam in, richt? You!" He said, turning around so his single glowing orange eye glared sharply at one of the Frosthunters accompanying him. "Check th' map! We ur oan th' richt path, aren't we?"

"This was NOT here when we cam in right?"
    "Check the map! We ARE on the right path, aren't we?"

5. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,521.6
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Amy hurried after the party she was with, trying desperately not to fall behind and become hopelessly lost in the long, twisting caverns. The pile of coal that was her party leader was *supposed* to be navigating them all through, but he's so fast on his wheel that everyone has to run just to keep up.

Rounding a corner, Amy finally found the rest of her group up ahead. She could already hear the Galarian coal wheel yelling at someone.

"You! Check th' map! We ur oan th' richt path, aren't we?"

The Timburr he was looking at studied the map he was holding nervously. "Yeah, we're on the right path. Th-this must've just happened while we were down here."

Amy finally caught up and saw what the problem was. She walked up to the wall of ice and felt it. She flinched at the sharp cold, but continued. She pushed on it a bit and tried looking through. "It's thick, but might just be thin enough..." she said to herself. She started looking around for something to use. "Needs to be small enough to hold, but heavy enough to not just bounce off..."

6. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Royce cursed a string of Galarian profanities under his breath. "A' richt, nobody pelter. Foremaist hings foremaist, we gotta fin' oot howfur muckle ice we're dealing wi'."

"All right, nobody panic. First things first, we gotta find out how much ice we're dealing with."

Royce noticed the Kirlia examining the new obstruction and rolled over to her. "Careful there, lassie," he warned. "This ice isnae normal. Seems lik' it sprung oot o' nowhere."

"S-sir, can't we just, muscle our way through it?" the Timburr asked nervously, shivering. Behind him, a Scraggy nodded in agreement.

Royce laughed darkly. "Keek 'boon ye, lads," he replied, staring up at the ceiling." The Timburr followed the Rolycoly's eye then gulped in fear as they realized the cavern roof was covered in wicked-looking icicles. "Dinnae wanna shoogle th' walls awfy much, unless yi'll waant tae git skewered."

"Look above you, lads. Don't wanna shake the walls too much, unless you want to get skewered."

Turning back to Amy, Royce said, "Lassie! Ony chance ye aye happen tae ken Teleport? We cuid git word oot that something's happening 'ere, 'n' tis nae guid."

"Any chance you still happen to know Teleport? We could get word out that something's happening here, and it's not good."

#6 Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  7. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Demyx had many thoughts racing in his head as he was on his way to Twist Mountain; one that constantly came up was how his friends in the force were holding up against Kyurem's never-ending winter. He'd have joined in with them but he was asked to stay behind to help with any other potential issues that arose.

His thoughts eventually went back to the issue at hand: The lives at stake in Twist Mountain, including those whom he heard were volunteering this task. He wanted to do everything he could to make sure no one gets hurt, or worse... As soon as that was on his mind, he began to heads towards the mountains as fast as he could via Aqua Jet.

Part of him couldn't help but feel a bit excited about the task at hand at the thought of unknown monsters, however.

Eventually, the great mountain was finally within sight. Demyx noticed the air around him steadily getting more and more cold as he got closer. He couldn't believe just how far Kyurem spread his influence.

He noticed a gathering group of Pokémon, as well as what looked to be a Charmeleon working near the entrance to the tunnels. He figured it would be best to talk to them before he heads in all willy nilly. He made a full stop aqua jetting before passing the Charmeleon, but was not able to keep the area in front of him from getting drenched in water

"Sorry, sorry!" He apologized. "I uh... hope I didn't hurt anyone in my entrance, heh..." He laughed nervously, though he had a feeling the Charmeleon in front of him didn't feel too much like laughing.

"A-anyways, my name is Demyx. I'm a member of the Unovan Defense Force." He greeted himself, and momentarily gazed into the tunnels before turning his eyes back onto the Charmeleon. "I'm here to help you guys out with your monster problem."

8. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,521.6
    Amy looked at the ceiling for the first time, now seeing the flaw in her plan. She sighed. "No, sorry." She faltered a slight bit, briefly remembering where she came from, but quickly put herself back together and continued studying the wall. "So we can't go through it, but what about..."

She turned toward the rest of the group. "Does anyone here know Dig?"

Nobody spoke up. "Ah. Never mind then. Well at there should be another exit somewhere. We'll just have to backtrack a bit. As long as coalie here can avoid outrunning us." She side-eyes Royce briefly, clearly annoyed with his previous pace.

9. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    (Sorry for the late post...)

Bluegrass sighed as he tread along a small sidepath, holding a small bag of corundums with a vine. "This is less than 'twas yesterday," he muttered, walking slowly but steadily as he headed for the exit of the cave. "I wonder, Bluerock, how you're doin' right now? I miss you..."
    'C'mon, Grass! Don't feel down; I'll always be with you, 'kay?'
    'Promise?'
    'Aye, even in death, I'll still have your back!'
    'Yeah right...'

Smiling wistfully, the Ivysaur found himself by the opening of the cavern by the end of his reverie. However, he was suddenly interrupted as a crashing sound followed by drenching water grabbed his attention.
    "Sorry sorry! I uh... hope I didn't hurt anyone in my entrance, heh..."
    A water-type? the Ivysaur thought with wide eyes, before shaking his head. No, Bluerock is dead, remember that... Fully exiting the mine, he saw Angharad, along with another Pokémon talking to her.
    "Milady, is there something wrong?" Bluegrass inquired, noting the Dewott who seemed a bit shy, but had an air of authority around him.

10. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Royce steamed, quite literally, as a droplet of water from the ice above fell onto him. "Ye'r juist jealous ye dinnae hae a bonny wheel lik' me. 'n' fae 'ere oan oot, ah will likelie be th' slowest. Ice is slippery."

The Timburr shivered again. "Sorry, laddie," Royce said. "Ye'r juist gonnae hae tae muscle thro' th' cauld. Cannae risk pure burnin` oor air. Dinnae ken howfur lang we'll hae tae backtrack fur."

"Sorry, lad, you're just gonna have to muscle through the cold. Can't risk burning our air. Don't know how long we'll have to backtrack for."

"I-it's all right, sir!" the Timburr said through chattering teeth. "I've got muscle and Guts for days!"

Royce laughed. "Yer Guts dinnae wirk in th' cauld, laddie, ainlie whin ye'r het 'n' crabbit, bit ye git spirit!" He turned to the Scraggy. "'n' whit dae ye hae, a lot o' Moxie?"

"Your Guts don't work in the cold, lad, only when you're hot and angry, but you got spirit! And what do you have, a lot of Moxie?"

The Scraggy did not look amused. "Intimidate, actually, sir," they replied. "Monsters fight less when they're spooked."

Royce heaved a sigh. "Bundle o' laughs, yer. Awright! Blue! Whit urr ye daein' up thare?" he shouted, then flinched, not wanting to disturb the icicles.

Behind them, the Riolu of the Frosthunter party was deftly balancing themselves on a column of ice and placing their paw on one of the larger icicles. Their body seemed to be giving off a faint blue glow.

11. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    While the rest of the party argued over how they'd get past the barrier of ice, Riley perched herself on top of one of the many frozen pillars that were scattered about. She had her ways of finding a way out. Placing a paw on one of the icicles, she closed her eyes and focused, sending her aura into it. It pulsed through the stone and ice surrounding them, revealing things that were hidden from view. This seemed to be a dead end, but the burst of aura that she sent through the cave's walls said otherwise. Not only was there a pocket of air above them, but it seemed to connect to the larger tunnel down below. This hidden passage had gone unnoticed by the party until now.

"Found something!"

She hopped down from her icy pedestal and rushed to the spot where she sensed the hidden cave. Keeping her eyes on the ceiling, she quickly spotted it - the entrance to a small tunnel above them. A few inconveniently-placed icicles had completely blocked it from their view until now. "Look! Right up here!" The young Riolu shouted excitedly. "Someone gimme a boost!"

12. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,521.6
    Amy, along with the rest of the party, looked where the Riolu was pointing. Sure enough, there was a small hole right in between all the icicles. "Someone gimme a boost!" she said.

"Sure thing." Amy responded. She focused a bit and her eyes started to glow, then she lifted the Riolu up to the tunnel with her psychic powers. "Is there any light up there?"

13. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    Upon witnessing the ever-lasting winter Kyurem unleashed upon Unova, Ciara knew an investigation was necessary. The Corvisquire heard a team of adventurers were already sent into the mine, although she felt no rush.

Ciara flew towards Twist Mountain. Usually, flying such distances wasn’t a problem for her, but the cold was definitely hindering the corvid’s speed. After a short flight, she finally reached her destination. At the entrance of the mine, she saw three other Pokémon - a Charmeleon, a Dewott, and an Ivysaur.

Ciara assumed the main group has already entered the mines long before, so it wouldn’t really help to go in now. Battling in such a closed area would also be unwise, given her strong reliance on flight. Instead, she decided station herself outside the mines, observing the dreadful, icy weather.

#13 Jul 11, 2020
  14. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Royce watched as the Riolu Frosthunter levitated upwards towards the hole, feeling a momentary sense of relief, followed by an overwhelming sense of dread.

A hidden cave? He thought. That's cannae be richt, this pairt haes bin mapped oot fur-- Then, sensing a tremble in the walls and seeing a slight fall of gravel trickle down, his miner's instincts kicked in. Throwing caution to the wind, he shouted "DRAP HER, LASSIE 'N' TAKE COVER!"

A horrible grinding noise grated on the small band of Pokémon's ears as, to their disbelief, a giant blue hand punched through the hole and snatched wildly at the Riolu. A blast of icy air shot through the hollow; the icicles above shook menacingly.

#14 Jul 11, 2020
  15. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,473.3
    Angharad turned to the sudden appearance of a Dewott, lifting up her hammer, ready to defend herself if needed. "Ya could of walked." She said, "Some of us are on edge because some of the Frosthunters are in the mines and it's dangerous with the strange monsters down there. One of me friends is still down there, guiding and helping them. Name's Angharad, and I'm the mine's blacksmith. I came here with me Da, but he went with another group to the Giant Chasm during the beginning of this whole thing. He didn't make it out." As the Dewott introduced himself, she nodded, her serious expression continued. "Unovan Defense Force, eh? You people have a group like the knights of Galar." Reminising, then looked hard at the Dewott, "Demyx, go introduce yourself to that Beartic here. Explain what you're here for, and he'll fill you in with the situation here. Hartman's been waiting for more Frosthunters." Using her hammer to point out the Beartic. "Besides being the smith here, lately I've been helping with defending the entrance."

She then noticed Bluegrass walking up. "Milady, is there something wrong?"

Angharad shook her head. "Nah, this here Demyx. He's been sent in to help. Just told him to talk to Hartman. Is that some coal ya got there in the bag?" She asked, softly, "Let me know if you need someone to talk to." Worried if Demyx's arrival would hurt him after losing Bluerock.

16. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    The look of excitement on Riley's face quickly turned to fear as the hand reached out to grab her. She was expecting a way out, not some kind of monster den. She didn't even get a chance to react before the monster had grabbed her by the wrist. She struggled to break free from its grasp, but her attempts to escape were in vain. This thing had a firm grip on her, and it wouldn't let go easily.

"Helphelphelphelphelp!" She shouted desperately. The creature was starting to pull her upward into its lair. She tried to Force Palm the hand, eliciting a pained growl from up above, but it still didn't loosen its grip. In fact, all that attack seemed to do was make it angry.

17. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,521.6
    Amy could feel the creature pulling the Riolu out of her psychic grip. Resolving not to let go as she didn't want it to take the young recruit, she pulled back. This succeeded slightly at first, until the monster pulled harder, hard enough to make Amy release her hold.

Panicking, Amy looked around just for something to throw. She found a rock which she was sure was too small to do anything, but she was desperate. So she picked it up and pegged it at the hand.

As it turns out, her aim isn't as good with her arms compared to her mind. The rock missed, instead breaking an icicle off the ceiling, which almost impaled the Timburr.

Amy instantly got a better idea. She lifted the icicle up with her mind and launched it at the hand.

18. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    He listened as attentively as he could, since it seemed the Charmeleon had a bit of an accent, though was a bit disturbed as it sounded like a group had already went into the mines

Demyx looked at the Beartic that she pointed to. He smiled and nodded. "All right, thank you... uh... 'En Garde', I think you said it was." He turned his attention to the Ivysaur that walked in. "Sorry to have startled you guys." He apologized before he began walking up to Hartman in order to get more information and possible guidance for the tunnels ahead. He noticed a serious-looking Corvisquire arrive amidst the situation. Seems like the situation is worse than he thought it would be.

His thoughts organized, he introduces himself to the Beartic. "Hey there. My name is Demyx. I'm a part of the Unovan Defense Force." He introduces himself. "We've gotten some reports of unknown monsters inside of the mountain, so I'm here to take care of that." He states confidently, looking inside of the tunnels once again. "And from the way that... 'angered' I think it was..." he started, realizing he might have just butchered the name further. "... anyways, the way the she said it, it seems like there are already people down there?" he questioned.

19. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    The Beartic grunted in affirmation. "Ay, a young crew of new Frosthunters wanted to try their luck in the upper levels, weed out some of the smaller beasts. One of our head miners, Royce, offered to lead them but... Royce has a tendency to detour if he thinks there's treasure in the walls. If he's not back within the next half hour or so well... we'd probably have to send someone in to look for them."

Noticing Angharad talking to Bluegrass, The Beartic nodded back in their direction. Lowering his voice, he added, "The Ivysaur over there is Bluegrass. He's a Frosthunter mercenary too, but... he had a bit of bad luck in the caves a while back. Don't press, he doesn't like to talk about it. Still, if we have to send a team in, he'd be your best bet to partner up with. Closest thing you'll get to another Defender. I'm not sure if you can convince him to fight right now but... wouldn't hurt just to talk."

#19 Jul 11, 2020
  20. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    As Ciara continued to perch on the wooden frames above the mines, she sensed movement behind her.

"You're a baaaad omen," a voice said with dark undertones.

Turning around, Ciara's head tilted to the side as she saw... herself.

The mirror image of her mimicked the action, then narrowed irs eyes. Unlike Ciara's permanently tired look though, the not-Ciara's eyes were full of hostility.

"You shouldn't be here," the not-Ciara said. "Murkrows in a storm, never a good sign." Behind the doppelganger's head, Ciara thought she saw a glinpse of a black, brush-like tail flick nervously for a moment, but then it was gone.