1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Fanfiction Cobalt's Journey

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Ignem, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    "And there you have it folks, your first Alola Champion, ASH KETCHUM!!!"

Listening this the audience broke into a thunderous applause and cheering. A raven haired teen with auburn eyes and Z marks on his cheeks stood shocked and surprised.

"Did I... win?" He muttered.

[​IMG]

After all his hardwork, travelling regions, participating in countless leagues he had finally done it. The boy also known by the name of Ash Ketchum had finally accomplished his dream of being a Pokémon master. Or did he?

After all the award ceremony he was back at Professor Kuikui's house, where he was staying for the period of his stay at Alola.

That night Ash was laying on his bed staring the ceiling. He was in deep thought. He was thinking about what he should do after this. It was then he felt some weight on his chest. He looked to see Pikachu on him.

"Hey, Pikachu, you weren't asleep?" He asked.

"Pika!" Pikachu squeaked back while shaking his head.

"What do you think we should do after this, huh Pikachu?"

"Pika, pika-pikachu. Pika!"

Ash was somehow able to understand and said,"Yeah, we'll think after we are done with school..."

After that with a yawn both the Pokémon and trainer fell asleep.
    After the league, the school was still left for about a month. So he stayed for another month at Alola which meant there were many people challenging him for the league champion throne, though most of them were almost beginners.

Like for one instance Ash was walking back to Kuikui's house after school when suddenly a youngster came out of nowhere.

[​IMG]

"Who in the name of Lord Helix are you?!" Ash exclaimed.

"My name is Joey and I am here to challenge you to a Pokémon battle, for the title of Alola Champion!" The youngster said.

"That's not how it works," Ash said back to him.

"What you afraid of losing?" The boy mocked.

"Now you are on! PIKACHU!!!" Ash yelled. Pikachu jumped from Ash's shoulder to the imaginary battle field.

"GO RATTATA!!" Joey said as he threw a pokéball. The pokéball opened and sent out a flash of light. The light materialized to a small mouse-like pokémon, with large incisors and a whisker on both sides. It had purple colored skin with cream coloured underside.

"Are you seriously going to battle me with a Rattata?" Ash asked.

"Well my Rattata is in the top percent of all Rattatas!" He said,"I'll show you, Rattata use Quick Attack!"

[​IMG]

Rattata dashed forward in high speed with Normal type energy surrounding him.Ash quickly responded and commanded, "Pikachu use Thunderbolt!"

Pikachu cheeks sparked. He was then covered in yellow electricity as he shot a bolt of that electricity towards Rattata.

[​IMG]

Rattata unable to dodge got hit and fell down to its side fainting, having swirly eyes. Joey's mouth hung open as he saw his Rattata was quickly defeated. Pikachu hopped back onto Ash's shoulder as they both walked away giving no attention to Joey.

Even though most of the trainer's he faced were beginners it was getting tiresome for Ash and his pokémon to handle all of the battles. This thing was solved when a new pokémon joined Ash's team.

One particular day Ash was fighting another battle with a random person and his Toucannon in the school grounds. All of his friends watching him battle.

[​IMG]

"Pikachu finish it with Electro Ball!" Ash commanded. The yellow rodent jumped high as an electric orb formed on its tail. He launched the orb towards the cannon pokémon.

[​IMG]

The orb exploded as it touched the Toucannon. The pokémon fell to the ground with swirls in his eyes. Pikachu and Ash breathed a sigh of relief after pulling off that battle. But when they looked at their opponent they saw him yelling at his pokémon and then suddenly he kicked the bird pokémon. Anger filled raven haired teen as he took a step forward and with blinding speed appeared infront of the trainer. All of the people were suprised on seeing that. He punched the trainer. The trainer stumbled back and grasped his bleeding nose.

"What the hell is your prob-" he yelled in anger but stopped when he saw the look on Ash's face. His face showed an REALLY pissed look and his eyes were glowing blue instead of hazel brown. The trainer backed up in fear and Ash took a step forward. Just as the raven haired teen was again about to hit the trainer he was knocked out. Ash fell to the ground face first revealing a bipedal wolf like pokémon behind him holding a bone club.

[​IMG]

"Pikapi!!" Pikachu cried as he a came sprinting towards Ash along with Ash's friends.

"Is he okay?" Mallow asked. Lillie bent to check Ash.

"He is okay just knocked out.." she said.

"Let's get him inside the school," Kiwae said. All of them nodded and proceeded to carry him inside. After Ash was brought to the school building Professor Kuikui asked them of what happened to Ash. Kiwae proceeded to explain of the battle, then the trainer and the events that followed. Which suprised Kuikui.

"So you are saying that Ash ran at blinding speed and punched that trainer?" The professor asked, rest nodded," and then this Lucario knocked Ash out?"

They nodded again and then Kuikui's eyes fell on Lucario.

"Why did you knock Ash out?" Kuikui asked but the Lucario didn't reply. Kuikui was about to ask again when Ash started to stir awake.

"W-what happened?" Ash asked as he rubbed the back of his head.

"You were knocked out by this Lucario," Kuikui replied. Ash's eyes fell on Lucario.

"Sorry for hitting you master," Lucario said to Ash. Ash jumped at that and exclaimed,"You can talk?!"

Every one else were confused on why Ash said this, because for them Lucario was saying his name.

"Yes I can talk, but not everyone can understand me," Lucario said.

"Why can I understand you then?" Ash asked again.

"Because you are an aura user."

How did you like the Chapter 1? I did have another story with same name but I did not continue it 'cause I lost inspiration for it. After that I decided to bring it back in another way. Tell me your views please I need them to get better.

~IGNEM

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    13eevee and WavePearl like this.
  2. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    "Because you are an Aura user"

"What?" Ash asked even more confused. He had heard of the stories of aura users and had encountered quite a few of them too. But him being an aura user is quite unthinkable!

"How can you say that I am an aura user?" Ash asked again.

"You see everytime an aura user is born, a riolu is also born," Lucario replied, "What makes the Riolu different is its ability to be able to use Aura sphere."

"So how does that makes me an aura user?" Ash said.

"At the time you were born, I was born at the exact same time, but I didn't knew that you would be my master, " Lucario replied, "For years I travelled, trained, trying to find you."

Ash looked at Lucario with awe as he continued,"Then today as I was training I felt a surge of aura. But the aura felt very familiar I followed the aura... When I found the source, it was you and I felt a sort of bond between us... An aura bond and I knew you were my master."

Lucario bowed after he stopped talking. Ash quickly told him not to bow. That was when Kuikui suddenly said,"Would you explain what were you two talking about for the last 5 minutes?"

Ash chucked and proceeded to explain Kuikui and his friends what they were talking about. After his explanation ended all of there faces were that of awe.

Later that night when Ash was at Kuikui's home he asked Lucario,"So why do the Aura users get Lucario?"

"To help them train in aura!" Lucario replied.

"But what if I don't want to train in aura at all?" Ash asked to which Lucario replied,"If you don't train your aura will still keep on increasing, due to which you might lose your mind of this amount of power!"

"Okay, but why only Lucario? I mean there are other pokémon that can learn Aura Sphere," Ash asked.

"I know, but Lucarios are the best when it comes to aura, in addition to that we are fighting types." Lucario replied.

"What does fighting type has to do with it?" Ash asked.

"To be able to master aura you have to be physically and mentally strong which fighting types are," Lucario said and Ash nodded.

"But now since I am going to train you in aura I prefer you train me as well to be a good battler," Lucario said. Ash looked at him in suprise and asked,"You mean you want to come to my team?"

Lucario nodded, causing Ash to smile. He stood up and went to his bag to get a pokéball. He then walked back to Lucario and showed him the pokéball. Lucario without hesitation tapped the pokéball. A red light came out of the pokéball and surrounded the aura pokémon. Soon Lucario was sucked inside of the pokéball. The pokéball shook twice before dinging indicating a successful capture. Ash smiled before posing raising the pokéball in the sky,"I CAUGHT A-"

He was cut of by Pikachu shushing him. Ash quickly put a hand on his mouth. The raven haired teen then looked at the pokéball and grinned.

A month later the school was over. Ash was set to leave for Kanto. After saying goodbye to all of his friends he made in Alola he boarded the plane and left Alola to return home to Kanto.

Meanwhile at Ketchum's residence Ash's mom Delia was preparing food for her son. As she was preparing some food, she said a bit loud as if wanting someone else to hear, "Cobalt! Your brother will be home soon so clean up your room!"

[​IMG]

"Okay mom!" A boy's voice replied. A few footsteps were heard from upstairs. A boy with black hair and brown eyes was seen in his room nesting things up. That was Cobalt Ketchum, Ash Ketchum's younger brother about 6 years younger than him.

[​IMG]

Ash and Cobalt had a same room and because Ash was mostly on a journey, Cobalt got the whole room for himself. Though he wasn't very much a neat and clean sort of kid, he was able to finish cleaning his room quickly. After doing the chore his mom allotted him the black haired kid ran downstairs.

"Mom, how much time till big brother gets back home?" He said excitedly. Delia chuckled and said, " He would be here anytime now."

And right on that time the doorbell rung. Cobalt quickly went to take the door. He opened the door to see a teen standing there with a Pikachu on his shoulder. The teen then stepped in the house with a toothy grin revealing to be Ash.

"BIG BRO!" Cobalt said as he hugged the the teen. Ash stumbled back a bit but hugged him back. After a minute both brothers stopped hugging. Delia was next, she quickly took her elder son into a bone-crushing hug.

"M-mom can't br-breathe!" Ash said, causing Delia to leave him. Ash smiled at the two. Soon Cobalt and Ash settled down while Delia prepared food for both of them.

"So Big bro, I heard that there was a league in Alola! So did you take part in it!" Cobalt asked.

"Yes, I did and I won it too!" Ash replied.

"Really?!" Cobalt asked and Ash nodded.

"But Cob, you should be on a journey this year, why aren't you out?" Ash asked to which Delia replied, "Well there have been several mishappenings for the past few years with legendary pokémons and some evil teams, so the leagues decided to put the kids who want to be trainers to go to a school when they are ten to learn the basics of a being a trainer and when they turn thirteen, then they will leave for a journey!"

"Oh so he has a to attend a pokémon school for three years?" He asked.

"Yeah..." Cobalt said. Delia then served both of her kids vegetable noodles she had prepared for her kids. After eating Ash said he was going to meet Professor Oak. Cobalt asked to tag along with him just to meet his new pokémon to which Ash agreed.

Ash, Cobalt and Pikachu both reached Professor Oak's lab. Ash without hesitation entered the lab with Cobalt following him.

"Professor Oak!" Ash voice echoed a bit in the corridor. And then suddenly Ash was hugged by a large purple blob.

[​IMG]

"Muk-Muk!" The blob said which Ash heard as,'Ash I missed you!'

"I missed you to Muk!" Ash said. He was a bit surprised at first but then remembered that he was an aura user.

"Hey Muk!" Cobalt said as he hugged the sludge pokémon. Muk returned the hug to black haired kid.

"Pika!" Pikachu said translating to 'Hiya Muk!'. Muk smiled at the yellow rodent and said, " Muk!(Hey!)"

After Muk let go of Ash and Cobalt, Ash asked Muk to take him to Professor Oak. Muk nodded and lead Ash to the ranch behind Oak's house. There he saw the old professor holding a clip board with a Scyther in front. The brown eyed brothers walked towards Professor Oak. As they were close enough, Ash said, "Professor Oak!"

The old professor turned around when he heard his name to see Ash, Pikachu and Cobalt behind him. Oak smiled and said, "Ash my boy, you're back!"

[​IMG]

"So how was Alola? I heard they held there first league there, did you participate?" Oak asked.

"Yes, Professor! I participated in the league and managed to win it too!" Ash said.

"Really? Congratulations!" Oak said.

"So Professor are there any new regions you were able to find out?" Ash asked. Oak shaked his head and said, "I did found the Galar region but it is still developing its league and gyms, I don't think you should travel there."

Ash responded with a sigh before Oak talked again, "But.. you can always re-challenge the leagues!"

"What?" Ash asked. Oak replied, "Leagues in every region are held every year, so you can challenge every league again if you have the gym badges with you!"

Ash nodded his head and Oak continued,"But I prefer that you start preparing for the leagues! Because for past some years, trainers are taking leagues very seriously! Because some leagues have rules that you have to challenge the Elite Four and Champion before being able to become the Champion!"

"Alright then I will start training from tomorrow!" Ash said.

Ash and Oak talked for about some more time before Cobalt, Ash and Pikachu went back home. When they reached there doorstep, Ash knocked at the door and said, "Mom we're back!"

The door opened and Delia's voice said, "Come on in Ash, one of your friend has come visit us!"

"Huh? Who?" Ash said as he walked in followed by Cobalt and Pikachu. When he saw the person he was suprised.

"Hi Ash!" A female with cerulean eyes and blonde hair said.

[​IMG]

"Serena?"

3. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    "Serena? When did you come here?" Ash asked.

"I landed in Kanto yesterday, so I decided I visit here, surprised?" Serena replied.

"Yeah, oh and also this is my little brother Cobalt!" Ash said introducing his little brother.

"Hey there Cobalt, I am Serena, I travelled with your brother in Kalos!" Serena said, she put her hand out for the raven-haired kid to shake.

"Yea, Big Bro told me about you, you did showcases in Kalos right?" Cobalt asked shaking her hand as Serena nodded.

"But Serena weren't you in Hoenn trying out contests?" Ash asked the blue-eyed girl.

"I was in Hoenn for contests, but then after the Grand Festival, Palermo called me, "Serena replied, "She said that Kanto is now hosting Pokémon showcases so I should try them!"

"Oh, so you'll be travelling in Kanto?" Ash asked to which Serena nodded, "Also you said Grand Festival so did you win it?"

"Well... No, " the blue-eyed girl said, "Though contests are a lot similar it still was a bit different due to involvement of battles, so I ended up in 4th position. But what about you what have you been doing for the year?"

"Oh, I was in Alola! I went there for a vacation but then I studied in a college there and then later challenged the league!" Ash replied, "This time, I won!"

"That's great!" Serena said smiling. They too talked for some more time while Cobalt helped out Delia in making dinner.

After a while all four had dinner. On the dinner table, Ash and Serena both told Delia and Cobalt about how they met in the Summer camp. It didn't take Delia much time to figure out about Serena's crush on Ash.

Then Ash asked, "So Serena when are your the showcases starting?"

"It will start by next month or the month after I guess, "Serena replied.

"So what are you gonna do for that time?" Ash asked again.

"I am gonna stay in Kanto, Palermo told me to stay in Kanto to train saying she will come to check my progress. She is really keen on seeing me as the Kanto queen, "Serena replied.

"So where are you gonna stay for that while?" Delia asked Serena.

"Uh... The Pokémon Centre in Viridian City, my luggage is there for now" Serena replied.

"Uh-uh, " Delia said, "Since you are a good friend of Ash you can stay in our house, we have a guest room free."

"I don't want to be a burden on you, " Serena replied. "You won't be a burden, we would be more than happy if you stay here!" Delia said. After a bit more persuading by Delia, Serena accepted her offer.

"Brilliant, Ash you will go with Serena tomorrow to get her luggage!" Delia said to which Ash nodded.

After some more talking all four decided to was time to sleep. Ash and Cobalt both went to there room. Delia let Serena borrow her clothes for the night.

--Next Day--

Next morning Ash and Serena both set off on Ash's Charizard to get her stuff from Viridian City Pokémon Centre. After a brief stop in Viridian City, the two headed back to Pallet Town on the fire-flying types back.

When they landed in front of there house they saw Cobalt going somewhere with a bag slung on his shoulders. Ash asked, "Hey Cob where are you going?"

"Huh?" Cobalt looked at Ash, surprised to see him suddenly appear, "Oh, today is the last practical exam in school! I am going for that!"

"What kind of practical exam?" Ash asked. "Its a Pokémon hunt we have to find some Pokémon in the Pallet Woods!"

"Oh sounds exciting!" Ash cheered, "All the best!"

"Alright, bye!!!" Cobalt said running towards Professor Oak's lab. Ash helped Serena with the luggage.

"Oh, your two are back!" Delia said from the kitchen as she heard the door open and close.

"Yeah!" Ash said as he set the luggage on the floor. Then suddenly he heard a beep coming. He pulled out his dex and opened it.

"Training time!" The dex said in a robotic voice.

"Oh, it's time!" Ash said, "Mom I am going for training!" "Okay!" Delia replied back.

"Oh Serena you should come too I want you to meet the rest of my Pokémon!" Ash said. "Uh... Okay!" Serena replied.

--With Cobalt--

Cobalt reached the professor's lab out of breath. There he saw almost everyone had was there. He quickly got into a line with the rest of his classmates. After a few moments, Professor Oak entered the room.

"Alright students, are you all ready for the test?" Oak asked getting a unison of 'Yes!' as a reply. Oak smiled and continued, "For this test, a special person is gonna tell rules. He is Riley Gen, an excellent Pokémon trainer from Sinnoh!"

On cue, a man in his late twenties entered the room. He had black hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a blue coat and trousers with a matching hat.

[​IMG]

"Greeting all of you!" Riley said in a polite manner. He looked at all of the students when his gaze fell on Cobalt. His eyes narrowed as he saw with his aura vision for a split second before smiling a little.

"Riley is currently learning about Steel-type Pokémon on Iron Island!" Oak said, "Currently he is here with me to understand how steel Pokémon may have came to be."

"Please don't flatter me, " Riley said, "Alright! You all must be excited about this exam! So here are the rules! Rule number 1! You will be given a Pokémon for your safety for this test!"

"Rule no 2!"

--With Ash and Serena--

Ash and Serena reached Professor Oaks ranch to see Ash's Pokémon.

"Alright, everyone!" He said to his Pokémon together in front of him, "This is Serena! She travelled with me in Kalos!"

Serena stepped forward and said, "Hello!"

All of Ash's Kalos Pokémon, Talonflame, Noivern, Hawlucha came forward and greeted her. Then one by one all of Ash's Pokémon greeted her.

"Alright my turn!" Serena said as she threw her pokeballs. Out of a flash all of her Pokémon came out, Delphox, Sylveon, Pangoro, Braviary, Gardevoir and Primarrina.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"So you caught some new ones!" Ash said with a grin. Serena nodded.

"But how did you get the Primarina? They are from Alola!" Ash said.

"Well..." Serena replied.

--Back with Cobalt--

"Alright kids, one by one come here and take one Pokémon!" Oak said as he pulled out a little tray with six pokeballs. Several others were on the floor behind him. One by one kids came and took one Pokéball.

"Okay, one last instruction, all of the Pokémon have different points!" Riley said, "Caterpies and Weedles have three points, Butterfrees have five points and my Lucario has 10 points!"

"Your Lucario?" Cobalt asked raising his hand to which Riley replied, "Yes my Lucario is in this also. But if no one is able to find him he can find the way back himself!"

"You can only pick pokemons that have a red headband, " Oak said, "Now go!"

With that, all of the kids including Cobalt ran out of the lab and into Pallet woods. Using his aura Riley sent a message to his Lucario, "I want you to keep an eye on a boy in Pallet Woods, make sure you are not seen unless necessary!"

Riley then broke the link and sighed and said," I am gonna take a walk in your ranch if that's okay?"

"No problem at all!" Oak said. Riley nodded and went away.

--With Serena and Ash--

"Oh, so you found her mistreated by a trainer!" Ash said to Serena. The blue-eyed girl nodded. He was about to speak again when Lucario came up to him and said, "Master someone is coming here!"

Ash looked at a direction to see a man coming up to him. He recognized the man as Riley Gen.

"Riley, long time no see!" Ash said as he extended his hand for him to shake

"Hello Ash, " Riley said shaking his hand, "I was here for more knowledge on steel types from Professor Oak. So I helped him take an exam for the kids!" Riley replied.

"Oh Serena this is Riley Gen, I met him in Sinnoh once. Riley this is Serena she travelled in Kalos with me, "Ash introduced the two.

"Nice to meet you, "Serena greeted to which Riley replied, "Same here."

"So you are helping Professor Oak take the exam? My brother is also taking that exam," Ash said. Riley looked at Ash's Lucario and then back at Ash, "I think he might have asked me a question, what does he look like?"

"We both have same type of hair and eye colour!" Ash said. Riley then said, "Ash can I talk to you for a second?" Ash nodded and led him to an empty place to talk.

"What's up?" Ash asked. "I'll say it straight, are you an Aura user?" Riley asked.

Ash was taken aback by the question but then nodded, "Yes but, how'd you know?"

"That doesn't matter much, what matters is that your brother will also be an Aura user!" Riley said.

"Cobalt too?" Ash asked surprised.

"Yes.." Riley replied, "I sensed aura locked in him, that means that once getting to a certain age, his aura will be unlocked."

"What will be that certain age?" Ash asked.

"That I don't know myself. You have to be ready because once he unlocks aura, he might get aura bursts, so you might have to train him!"

"Me? Train him in aura?" Ash asked to which Riley nodded, "So train hard yourself. I need to go now. Farewell!" Riley replied and left.

"So what did he talk about?" Serena asked Ash as he was coming back. Ash looked at Serena and said, "I'll tell you about it later, I would need to tell mom about it too..."

"Alright then, "Serena replied.

--With Cobalt--

Cobalt entered the Pallet woods with the Pokéball in hand. He looked at the Pokéball and released the Pokémon in it.

"Come on out!" He said while releasing the Pokémon. Out of white flash a small red lizard like Pokémon came out with a flame on it's tail.

[​IMG]

"Char?" it said. Cobalt bent down to the pokemons height and said, "Hey charmander you are my partner for today, so will you help me out?" He put his hand out for Charmander to shake. The fire lizard looked at Cobalt's hand and then put its own paw out in a hand-paw shake.

"Alright then come on!" Cobalt said motioning Charmander to follow him. The pair explored the woods in search of red headband pokemons, and at last they found one. The two found a caterpie with a red band sitting on a tree branch.

[​IMG]

"Hey look, found one!" Cobalt exclaimed seeing the bug type on the branch, "You stay here Charmander, I'll go up and get that Caterpie!"

Charmander nodded and Cobalt climbed up the tree. After getting on the branch the black-haired kid extended his arm towards the caterpie and said, "Hey, come on!"

The caterpie looked at Cobalt once, before crawling over to his arm and to his shoulder. Cobalt grinned and dropped to the ground and walked back to Charmander.

"That's three points, let's continue!" Cobalt said. Charmander nodded. Cobalt and Charmander with Caterpie on Cobalt's shoulder, continued there hunt of finding Pokémon with a headband. Their exploration led them into the deeper part of the woods, the place where more powerful wild Pokémon live.

As the three continued there hunt they heard a bush shake nearby. The three stopped in there tracks. The bush continued to shake until the Pokémon which was causing it popped out- an Arcanine.

[​IMG]

"Grrr..." The Fire-type growled. The three stepped back in fear. The Arcanine rushed forward using Extreme Speed in order to strike the kid. But before it could strike it was stopped by another Pokémon. Cobalt looked up to see a Lucario. More specifically Riley's Lucario seeing the band on its wrist.

"Hey Charmander it that Lucario!" Cobalt whispered to the fire type Kanto starter.

The Arcanine quickly jumped back and launched a Flamethrower.

Lucario countered the fire type move by an Aura Sphere. The Aura Sphere easily dominated the fire type move and hitting the Arcanine. Arcanine quickly retreated seeing it's not a match for the fighting steel type. Seeing the fight was, Cobalt sneaked up to the Lucario andquickly took his band off his wrist. The Lucario looked down at the black-haired boy.

"I got you, "Cobalt said. Lucario nodded, "Cario."

Cobalt grinned, "Alright then! We have got more than ten points that would be enough!"

"Charmander-char!" Charmander cheered.

"Let's head back to the lab now!" Cobalt said still smiling. The rest of the three nodded and followed him.

--With Ash and Serena--

After having trained there Pokémon, Ash and Serena were pretty tired. The two lied down on the grass to see the sun setting as it was pretty late. For some time both of them didn't say anything.

"Say, Serena?" Ash said breaking the silence.

"Hmm?" Serena said looking at him.

"Back in Kalos at the airport, why did you... kiss me?" Ash asked. Serena's cheeks turned pink as she remembered that day.

"I kissed you because you are a really special person to me, Ash, "Serena replied turning back to see the sunset.

"Special?" Ash asked looking at her now.

"Yes, " Serena replied, "It's because of you I started my journey. Before I found out what I had to do in my you were the one who kept encouraging me. And even when we were little you saved me from the woods remember?"

"Am I that Special to you?" Ash asked her again.

"Yes Ash you are that special to me, " Serena said.

"Oh..." Ash said. A blush found its way up to his cheeks this time. Again there was a silence between the two. No one said a word. Till Ash saw a shadow at the Sunset.

"What's that?" Ash asked standing up. The shadow then moved towards them running in high speed as it was getting bigger slowly, till it was right in front of Ash. Ash though shocked at first quickly recognised who it was.

"Greninja..." Ash said smiling.

"Gren-Ninja!(What's up?)" The Water type said.

"So were all the vines destroyed?" Ash asked.

"Gren!(yep!)" Greninja said. He then pointed at the pokeballs on Ash's belt.

"You want to rejoin the team?" Ash asked.

"Nin!" Greninja nodded. Ash pulled out a Pokéball and held it in front of him. Greninja fist bumped the Pokéball causing him to get sucked into the ball. The ball immediately dinged indicating capture.

"Welcome back to the team..." Ash whispered to the Pokéball smiling. He then turned to Serena and said, "Let's head back."

When the two reached back home they saw Cobalt had already returned.

"Hey Cobalt how did the test go?"

"It went amazing I got first place!" Cobalt said with a big grin.

"That's amazing!" Ash said patting his younger brothers head.

"Also Professor Oak told me something else, " Cobalt said.

"What?" Ash asked.

--10 minutes earlier--

After the test was over and everyone got their scores, all the students were leaving.

"Cobalt I would like to talk to you for a moment, " Professor Oak said. Cobalt nodded and faced Professor Oak.

"So you do know that you can only start your journey after you turn 15 right?" Oak asked, earning a nod from Cobalt, "But the rule said if you travel alone."

"Huh?" Cobalt asked with a confused face.

"Yes if you travel alone, but if you were to travel with an experienced trainer then you can travel at any age, " Oak said.

"Experienced?" Cobalt asked putting his index to his chin, pondering, "Like my big brother?"

"Yes, if you can convince him to travel with you, you can start your journey after the results are out, "Oak said.

"Really! Yay!" Cobalt cheered, "I am going home to ask him!" After that Cobalt just rushed out of the lab.

--Current Time--

"So would you please travel with me?" Cobalt asked Ash.

"Sure why not?" Ash said patting Cobalt's head once again.

"Yes!" Cobalt cheered and then hugging his brother tightly. He then ran into the kitchen to tell his mom of the news. Ash and Serena both followed him to the kitchen. Cobalt was not there, maybe went to his room.

"So what he told was true?" Delia asked Ash.

"Well I think you should ask Professor Oak himself first, " Ash said to his mother.
    Delia nodded.

"I want to tell you two something else as well, " Ash said. Serena and Delia focused on Ash as he began to talk.

4. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    "I want to tell you two something else as well, " Ash said. Serena and Delia focused on Ash as he began to talk. Ash told both of them about the whole aura guardian crap.

"So if that is true about Cobalt being one, so shouldn't we stop him from going on a journey?" Delia asked worried for his son.

"Well that for sure will make him sad, but I will be travelling with him so I'll be sure to take care of him, " Ash reassured. This was enough for Delia to hear. Though Ash himself was really reckless he really cared for his little brother.

"Also Serena will be travelling with us, so she'll take care of him too, " Ash added taking Serena off guard. Ash and Delia both looked at Serena for her answer.

"Uh... Yeah, of course!" Serena said smiling.

The next day Delia and Ash both went over to Professor Oak's lab to ask what all the procedures were for Cobalt to start a journey. Though not much of the procedure was needed. To make Cobalt's trainer ID they needed Ash's trainer code to be printed. Plus they needed an update from Ash every week to Professor Oak stating about Cobalt's performance as a trainer and his Pokémon's condition.

After that was the preparation for the journey. To make sure they are able to contact anyone anytime, Delia went on to buy a communication device for Ash and Cobalt.

"But pokegears are outdated now, " Ash said to Delia who was leant on buying both of them a pokegear.

[​IMG]

"But they have the general functions that most trainers need like phone call, map, radio, " Delia replied.

"But Holocasters already have all the application, plus it can communicate across all devices, " Ash said holding packed Holocaster.

[​IMG]

"I know but if you take a Holocaster, Cobalt will also ask for one and you know how his handling is, " Delia said.

"Why don't you give Cobalt an Xtransceiver instead of Pokegear then, " Serena suggested showing her a blue coloured watch with a screen showing the time, "Handling a watch is much easier than handling a phone, " Serena said.

[​IMG]

"Oh well, alright then, " Delia said as proceeded to pay for the two gadgets. Cobalt was happier about getting a watch with which you can talk to people considering it cool.

Now for clothes. Ash though enjoyed his time in Alola, was really itching to continue travelling. So for that Delia picked an outfit for him that looked like a reboot of his Alola outfit. It had a black t-shirt with a blue-white striped jacket and black pants, complete with a cap with a black front and the same design as his Alola outfit and some sport shoes.

[​IMG]

Serena though wore her outfit that she changed into during Kalos knew she needed another outfit change because her hair was growing back up.

[​IMG]

As for Cobalt, he wore a black t-shirt and blue hoody with black pants and some sport shoes.

After that was mostly stuff that would help them during travelling like tents, utensils for them if they had to camp somewhere in the wild. After that, all preparations were done.

Now it was only to wait for the day they started their journey which was five days, surprisingly. They were able to do all the preparations of the journey in a month and had still five days left. For these five days, Ash and Serena gave Cobalt some basic tips about Pokémon, like the starter choice he is gonna get, the different fields for a trainer to go into. Most of the info was known by Cobalt due to going to school. What wasn't known by him was a few battle strategies by Ash and Serena which you can only get by experiencing a full-fledged battle which he had not for now.

Now finally the day was here when Cobalt will start his journey. Though the previous night Cobalt was really excited he still fell asleep after tiring himself up.

To make sure he gets up early Cobalt put an alarm, and it worked. Cobalt woke up an hour before he had to get his Pokémon from Professor Oak. He looked to his side to see his big brother still asleep on his bed.

"Hey, big bro come on get up!" Cobalt tried to shake Ash to wake him up, but no avail. He then noticed that his shaking had woken up Pikachu.

"Good morning Pikachu!" The black-haired kid greeted the electric type.

"Pikachu!"

"Can you wake him up?"

"Pika!" Pikachu replied to the last question. He then climbed on Ash and gave him a Thundershock, "Pikaaaa- chuuuuu!"

"Gaaah!" Ash yelled before falling off the bed. He then got back up with the bed's support with his hair spiked up.

"Good morning big bro!" Cobalt greeted, "Come on! Today's the day I get my starter!"

"Oh, I almost forgot!" Ash said. The two brothers and the electric type rushed down the stairs to the kitchen to see Serena and Delia already awake. Serena was sitting on the dining table eating her breakfast while Delia was in front of the stove cooking

"Good morning Ash, Cobalt, " Serena said as she ate her breakfast. She had already showered and was ready for travel.

"Go on you two get ready, you both have to go to the professor's lab to get Cobalt's starter!" Delia said.

"Alright!" Cobalt and Ash said in unison. They both went to there respective bathrooms to get a shower. After a few minutes, the two came out dressed in there travelling clothes. They both rushed downstairs and sat at the dining table.

"We are here!" Both again said in unison. "Breakfast is coming, " Delia sang as she put two plates of food in front of Ash and Cobalt.

"Thank you for the food!" The two said in unison before digging into it.

"So Cobalt what starter are you going to pick?" Ash said as he took another bite of his breakfast.

"I will tell you at the lab!" Cobalt grinned as he finished his breakfast, "Come on let's go!"

"Alright, " Ash said finishing his plate, "Come on Pikachu!" Pikachu jumped on Ash's shoulder before Ash ran off.

"Wait!" Serena said. She was about to follow the two but she turned to Delia and said, "We will be back in sometime." Delia nodded as Serena followed the two.

At the lab Oak was preparing all the things for newbie trainers to come and get there starters.

"Okay so, the starters are here, dexes check, pokeballs check and... that's it, " Oak sighed in relief, "Now I just have to wait for trainers to come, and if I am right the first one will be...."

"Professor!" An all too familiar voice echoed in the hallways. Just then a Cobalt came in rushing into the room.

"I am ready for starter!" Cobalt said. Oak c0p00huckled at the boy's enthusiasm and looked back at the door to see Ash and Serena there.

"Good Morning professor!" Serena greeted.

"Good morning Ash, Serena and Cobalt, " Oak greeted back before continuing, "So Cobalt are you ready for your journey?"

"Yes!" Cobalt grinned. Oak smiled before saying, "Okay, come on!"

Oak led the three to a table having three pokeballs.

"Here are the starter Pokémon in Kanto," Oak said before gripping one Pokéball and sending out the first Pokémon, "Bulbasaur the grass type!"

Out of a flash a quadrupedal Pokémon with green skin and dark spots on it and a bulb on its back came out.

[​IMG]

He continued the process with the other two, " Charmander the fire type and Squirtle the water type!"

Again out of a flash a Charmander and a bipedal blue skinned Pokémon with a shell came out.

[​IMG]

Cobalt looked the three Pokémon with interest.

"You must be careful with your choice, this Pokémon will be your very first Pokémon, " Oak advised.

"I have already decided, I choose..."

End! I dunno if you consider it a cliffhanger coz it is pretty obvious what starter will be chosen!

5. Ignem

Ignem Dragon Tamer

Espurr ♀
    (Espurr ♀)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,201.5
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    "I have already decided, I choose, " Cobalt said, "Charmander!"

The fire type starter grinned and walked towards Cobalt. The black-haired kid bent down.

"Charmander will you join me on my journey?" He asked the fire lizard.

"Char-char! (of course I will!)" Charmander said.

"Excellent choice, " Oak said. He then proceeded to give Cobalt Charmander's Pokéball, Pokédex, and a few extra pokeballs for catching.

[​IMG]

"With this, you can now start your journey, " Oak said.

"Thank you, professor Oak!" Cobalt said bowing down. He returned Charmander to his Pokéball.

"Also for you three the limit to carry Pokémon is now 10, " Oak said.

"But why the increase?" Serena asked.

"Well, there have been situations when a trainer has all of his Pokémon injured and is in the middle of a forest, " Oak, "Plus it's always good to have some extra Pokémon by your side!" The three nodded at that.

"Alright, let's hit the road then!" Ash said. The three said their goodbyes to Professor Oak before heading back to the Ketchum Residence to get their bags and say goodbye to Delia as well.

"I am gonna miss you two!" Delia said giving her kids a bone-crushing hug. She after a few seconds, let her kids breathe and said, "Alright now take care you two, be sure to change your under-" she was cut off by her sons yelling, "MOM!"

Delia and Serena both chuckled.

"Serena, please make sure that these two don't do something reckless, " Delia said to the honey blonde haired girl. Serena smiled and replied, "I'll try my best!"

Delia smiled at the response. The three after saying their goodbyes exited Pallet town and entered route 1.

-TIMESKIP-

"Charmander use Ember!" Cobalt commanded his fire type starter. The fire-lizard opened his mouth and let out a small ball of fire towards a purple rat-like Pokémon.

[​IMG]

The Pokémon swiftly dodged the fire move and ran away.

"Hey wait!" Cobalt said as he tried to go after the Pokémon. "Aw! Come on!" He said sighing.

Ash patted his younger brother's back.

"Don't worry, it's just one Pokémon, you will find several other Pokémon on this route, " Ash said trying to cheer him up. Cobalt nodded at his brother. He then went over to Charmander and patted his head saying, "Thanks Charmander for the battle!" Charmander nodded grinning. Cobalt returned his starter back to his Pokéball to rest. "Viridian city is still far away so I suggest we start moving, " Serena suggested. Ash and Cobalt nodded and continued to venture through Route 1.

After a lot of walking, they reached a little stream. "It's a good place to get some rest for a while, " Serena said.

"Alright then, " Ash said letting his Pokémon out. They were Pikachu who was already out, Lucario, Greninja, Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Sceptile, and Gible. Serena did the same letting her Pokémon out. Delphox, Sylveon, Pangoro, Braviary, Gardevoir, Primarina. Cobalt let Charmander out.

Almost immediately all Pokémon began interacting with each other. Cobalt's Charmander awed at Charizard. Greninja went on to greet Serena's Pokémon. Sceptile and Bulbasaur easily struck a friendship.

Serena meanwhile put down a picnic rug. She sat down and pulled out a tiffin box having sandwiches in it.

"Snacks!" Serena said to Ash and Cobalt. The two sat down to eat not before giving there Pokémon some food to eat. Right after the three took one some shadow quickly came in and snagged all of the sandwiches.

"Wait where did they all go?!" Cobalt exclaimed as he went to take another one.

"They were just here, " Serena said, "Maybe some wild Pokémon took it?"

"Charmander?! (Wait where is my food?)" Charmander exclaimed

"Looks like Charmander's food has also disappeared?" Cobalt said.

"Let's look around, " Ash said. The two nodded. After they had returned their Pokémon the three humans plus Pikachu and Charmander, who wanted to stay out to catch the thief proceeded to search around. Pikachu was sniffing the ground to get the scent of the sandwich.

"Pika pi!(Its this way!)" Pikachu said finally getting the scent. Pikachu followed the scent as four followed Pikachu, deep into the Route 1 - woods. they finally reached a cage that had a large, bipedal, purple Pokémon with distinct reptilian features. It has narrow eyes, large, spiny ears, fur-like tufts on its cheeks, and a short snout filled with pointed teeth and a large horn.

[​IMG]

In front of the cage was a small, quadruped, rodent-like Pokémon. It is a pinkish purple with darker patches. It has large, spiny ears with teal insides, oversized front teeth, and red eyes.

[​IMG]

"Thats a Nidoking and Nidoran♂!" Cobalt said. He pulled out his Pokédex to scan the Pokémon.

Nidoking, the Drill Pokémon.

Nidoking swings its large tail about to create distance, then charges in with the full force of its body behind it.

Type: Poison/Ground

Nidoran and Nidoking heard the dex talking and turned to the group. Nidoran♂ growled at them, "Nido-Nidoran!(Get away from here!)" Ash looked near the cage to see their food there.

"Looks like Nidoran♂ stole the food to give to Nidoking, " Ash said.

"But it doesn't make sense, Nidokings are really strong, he can easily break out of the cage, " Serena said. Ash went over to the cage but was stopped by the Nidoran♂.

"Nido-ran! (I said stay away!)" Nidoran♂ growled.

"Don't worry we're trying to help, " Cobalt said. Charmander walks forward and offered his claw to him for a.. claw shake? Nidoran♂ accepted the claw shake after a while. Ash then went forward to examine the cage. As he was about to touch it the bars of the cage glowed yellow before it faded.

"What was that?" he said shocked a bit. Nidoking answered his question, "Nidoking, Nido, king Nidoking(It was a psychic type energy. Thats the reason why I was not able to break the cage open. The psychic energy prevents me from doing since I am weak to it.)"

"But who would do that?" Ash said. And suddenly as if on cue a Meowth air balloon came over the area.

[​IMG]

"To protect the world from devastation!"

"To unite all peoples within our nation!"

"To denounce the evils of truth and love!"

"To extend our reach to the stars above!"

"Jessie!" "James!"

"TEAM ROCKET! Blasts of at the speed of light!"

"Surrender now or prepare to fight!!"

"Meowth dats right!"

"Wobuffet!"

[​IMG]

"Team Rocket!?" Ash and Serena said in unison.

"Wait, who?" Cobalt said.

"Team Rocket you twerp!" Jessie says.

"Looks like there is a new twerp in the group of twerps, " James said looking at Cobalt.

"Do you know them?" he asked Ash and Serena.

"They are Team Rocket they have been hopelessly trying to steal Pokémon for the last few years," Ash replied.

"We may have failed in the past, but not now!" Meowth said, "We have a full proof plan on us now!" Then suddenly a huge hand connected to the bottom of the ballon came out. The hand grabbed the cage entrapping Nidoking lifted it in the air. Nidoran♂ tried to grab on to the cage but was hit by the psychic type energy. He was caught by Cobalt as he was about to hit the ground.

"We'll come for your Pokémon the next time!" James said.

"Not so fast, Pikachu Electro Ball!" Ash commanded.

"Pika Pika chu!" Pikachu cried as it threw a ball of electricity towards the air balloon. The balloon burst as it came down crashing.

"Come on!" Ash said heading towards the crash site. Cobalt, Serena, Charmander, and Nidoran♂. They reached to see the balloon deflated on the ground the cage was slumped to a side with Nidoking touching the glowing bars, in pain.

"Pikachu use Iron Tail to break open the cage!" Ash said. Pikachu jumped up as his tail turned a silvery metal. He slammed his tail on the bars but they did not break.

"They won't break that easily, " Meowth said crawling out of the deflated with James, Jessie and Wobbufet following.

"That cage will be opened with this button, " Meowth pulled out a controller with a red button, from Arceus knows where.

"Pikachu Quick Attack!" Ash hollered surprising Meowth. Meowth threw the controller after getting struck by the normal type move. Cobalt had caught the remote and pressed the button to free Nidoking. Nidoran♂, Cobalt, and Charmander rushed to Nidoking to check if he was okay.

"This ain't over yet we are getting some Pokémon at least, " Jessie said, "Go Arbok!"

"Go Weezing, " James sent out his Pokémon.

"Let's go Sylveon, " Serena sent out her Pokémon.

"Arbok Venoshock!" "Weezing Sludge attack!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Pikachu use Electro Ball!" "Sylveon use Psyshock!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The moves collided but neither of the four Pokémon went down. Meanwhile, Cobalt was checking on Nidoking who had fainted at the time. Cobalt pulled a few potions out of his bag and began to spray them on Nidoking.

"Pikachu use Thunderbolt!" "Sylveon, Moonblast!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These moves were enough to make the two poison types fall back into their trainers, and the trainers fall back into Meowth and Wobbuffet. But they get right back up.

"You may have beaten us today, " Meowth said, "But-" He was cut off by the Nidoking roaring. The poison ground type rushed towards Team Rocket in high speed. Nidoking struck the three with his horn and flung them up.

[​IMG]

"Team Rocket is blasting off again!!!" Cobalt walked back to Ash and Serena as they two appreciated their Pokémon for the battle.

Nidoking and Nidoran♂ both came towards the three. "Nidoking, Nido(Thank you for helping us out), " he said.

"No problem, " Ash grinned.

"Be careful, Team Rocket may return for you, " Serena said. Nidoking and Nidoran♂ nodded and turned back to head into the forest. Nidoran♂ though took one look back at the trio, especially Cobalt. Nidoking seemed to have noticed that and smiled.

"Nido-king Nido(If you want to go on the journey with him I won't stop you, " he said. Nidoran♂ looked shocked and said, "Nido?(Really?)" Nidoking chuckled and nodded causing his younger form to tackle him into a hug, though Nidoking did not move an inch. He just simply hugged back before sending him off to catch up to his new trainer.

Nidoran♂ ran as fast as he could to catch up to the group. When they were in sight he cried out, "Nido!" This caused them to stop and turn around.

"Its Nidoran, " Cobalt bent down as Nidoran♂ ran up to them.

"What is it Nidoran♂?" Cobalt asked. After catching his breath, the poison type let out a cry and took a battle stance.

"Looks like it wants a battle, " Serena said with a smile. Cobalt looked a little shocked but then grinned. He stood up and nodded, "Alright then!"

The black-haired trainer took a few steps back from the Nidoran♂ and then sent a Pokéball out and sent out his only Pokémon at the time, "Go Charmander!"

TO BE CONTINUED

Finished! This chapter came out late. I thought after school I would be free for writing, but this stupid college and its homework! I had to find my brain before I could continue writing. Hopefully, the next chapter will be coming out soon... hopefully. Till then see you'll sooner or later!

~Ignem