1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Cole slaw: Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Junkrat, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Gwoomy

Gwoomy cute lil' pile of goo
    VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,500.0
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★Heart Scale ★★
    I... don’t think I’ve ever tasted or even seen that x)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pokémist

Pokémist Lonely
    VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽810.9
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    I am okay with small amounts but not too much. I am pretty much neutral to it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dwlr

Dwlr PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽9.2
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    Fermented cabbage, yeah I'll pass. Not only would I not touch cabbage with a ten foot poll I'm very much opposed to vinegar and the smell alone makes me gag.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  4. survivalist

survivalist Electrifying!
    Social Team VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽70.6
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Soothe Bell ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Very nay. That stuff is nasty to me. I hate mayo D:

5. OP
    OP
    Junkrat

Junkrat Existential Anomaly
    Discord Mod Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽353.2
    Battle Points:
    ★1
    Park Ball ★★★
    Really ?? It's pretty common, usually served as a side dish for certain meals at restaurants. Vinegar based is gross, but mayo based is pretty good!

6. Dwlr

Dwlr PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽9.2
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    Coleslaw is actually considered a condiment, I guess you could eat it as a side if you had the predilection to, but one could do that with a lot of things that aren't actually side dishes. Relishes come to mind pickle, fruit or the odd anchovy paste could be consumed as a side dish if you really wanted to.

7. Gwoomy

VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,500.0
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★Heart Scale ★★
    I dunno, maybe it's not in France? Perhaps it's just because I never really often go to restaurants and as I tend to be picky with my food (I'd like not to be but I can't help) if I saw this I probably didn't touch it.

8. dangokura

dangokura what is happening ;w;
    VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽756.4
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    mayo cole slaw is great !! i’ve never tried vinegar cole slaw and i don’t think i will ><

9. Dwlr

Dwlr PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽9.2
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    Well given France's history with the Dutch Republic one would assume they have more traditional slaw in conjuncture with their own or at least I would. French Coleslaw which you mayhaps be more familiar with is Cabbage, Ham, a fermented cheese like gruyere, Golden Raison, Walnuts and usually mixed with Red Wine Vinegar and Dijon. My French is rusty so pardon the butchering, but I think it's salade de chou or literally equivalent of simply being called cabbage salad.

10. Gwoomy

VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,500.0
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Oh yeah, I looked it up on wordreference. I would probably go for the second option I mentioned (me not going to restaurants).

11. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Meowing Mama Dragon
    VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽1.8
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Personally, I somewhat like cole slaw, if it has carrots in it and doesn't have sugar in it.

12. OP
    OP
    Junkrat

Discord Mod Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽353.2
    Battle Points:
    ★1
    Park Ball ★★★
    Cole slaw with sugar?! Never heard of that before... that's interesting. Disgusting, but interesting.

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  13. Blair_Chandaza

Blair_Chandaza Torchic Raiser
    Social Team

PokéPoints:
    ₽157.4
    Battle Points:
    ★0
    I can eat it by itself, but I prefer it with fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, fried okra and/or mac and cheese. I've also made it from scratch so that's satisfying.

14. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune
    Moderator VIP

PokéPoints:
    ₽52.1
    Battle Points:
    ★12
    Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★Soothe Bell ★
    That's how my dad eats it sometimes. A spoonful of sugar and mayo added into our mayo coleslaw. It makes it sweeter-but unhealthier too. I don't mind mayo coleslaw as it is though.

15. OP
    OP
    Junkrat

Discord Mod Contributor

PokéPoints:
    ₽353.2
    Battle Points:
    ★1
    Park Ball ★★★
    I think cole slaw made from scratch is the best, tbh. That way it’s a lot harder to mess up. I can’t eat it alone either, I eat it with steak or burgers ^^