1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Collaborative History Records - Writing Event

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Laserdragon14, Jul 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Collaborative History Records

During every major event, there was a group of writers that made records of what transpired. It is time for this to be written into history: what happened that made Kyurem go on his terrible rampage!

Rules

This event is a month-long partner-based event. Two people work together to write a story!

- All LV rules apply
    - Sign-ups will end on July 9th at 11:59 pm EST
    - Please post your stories below in a spoiler containing the usernames of both writers
    - You may talk about your ideas in your team hubs, but the writings must be your own
    -No Plagiarism
    - Maximum 500 words
    - Your stories will be judged based on the overall story and creativity

Prizes

1st Place — 250 Points
    2nd Place — 200 Points
    3rd Place — 150 Points

Participation: 10 Points + Summer Scramble 2020 Participation Medal

All entries must be submitted by 11:59 pm EST on July 29th, 2020

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  2. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Me and @ChocoChicken are gonna work together with this event for our team Might

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Laserdragon14 likes this.
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I'm a little confused about the rules for this. The rules say that sign ups end tomorrow (the 9th), but does that just mean that we need to say we want to participate (which many of us have), or that we need to have the writing pairs decided (which most of us haven't). And do we just sign up on this thread, or do we need to sign up on the event thread?

4. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,556.5
    @KnightBlader and I will be one of the groups representing Team Courage.

5. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Laserdragon14 and HeroofFire101 like this.
  6. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Just say in this thread that you want to participate and who you plan on working with.

7. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Wolf Expert and I will be working together for this event.

8. 1mightydragon

1mightydragon PKMN Breeder

Queza
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,415.8
    Hey, @Gazi, and I are going to be working together.

9. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I know this is past the deadline but @Link_The_Fox and I wanted to take a stab at this event. Would this be okay? If so, I think a 24-hour extension for sign-ups would be really cool and maybe we can get more writers from the other 2 teams as well.

If not, that's fine but it would be cool to be able to participate!

10. Laserdragon14

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    I was planning on there being an extension of some sort....I think that I’ll give everyone the weekend to make the teams. So July 12th at 11:59pm EST is the new deadline!

Jeydis likes this.
  11. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    COLD...
    FLYING...
    VERY COLD...

In the heavens beyond the sky, where the night is eternal, it is said that two silver dragons danced amongst the stars. Though their realm was bitterly cold, they had each other, but as years passed, even their endless dance could not bring them warmth. And so, they began to turn to ice...

DANCE…
    WANT TO…
    DANCE…

Still longing to dance, the two dragons separated, with the promise of reaching out if they found a new home. Though it pained them to part, they split off into the dark, driven by the hope of dancing forevermore.

LOVE…
    TWINS…?

The first dragon was kind and caring, and as they flew, they were drawn to the warmth of a distant world, bathed in blue. It heard the laughs and songs of two young cubs, destined for greatness, destined for happiness. Yes, a world like this must be one where the dragons could dance forever. Although freezing, it flew with renewed excitement, all the while calling out for its partner to join it.

However, within the realm beyond the heavens, not all beings have a partner to dance with. Some are born alone, turning bitter from a life of solitude. As the silver dragon flew towards the world of blue, it crossed paths with a dragon far greater, and far lonelier than it. It was a dragon of violet, and its core burned with anger and longing.

DANCE… WITH… ME…

NO…

DANCE… WITH… ME…

NO!

Enraged at the silver dragon’s rebuttal, the violet dragon lashed out, engulfing the silver one in fire, turning its beautiful silver a charred grey. The now grey dragon fled, crying with pain as the violet one chased it to the blue world. The grey one, still drawn to the laughs of the cubs, crashed in their land, within the heart of a black mountain, where its eyes went dark. Its final hopes of an ideal life with its partner reached the younger cub, who grew into a leader driven by dreams and virtue. The great violet dragon fell to the other side of the blue world, in a land of power, swearing that one day, none would defy it...

BLUE…?

COLD…?

As for the second dragon, it was mighty and just, but despite its strength, it never found a world of its own where it could dance forever. Eventually, it flew back to where the silver dragons had parted, and there, it heard the echoes of its partner, crying out from the stars. It flew desperately, but as it approached the blue world, it sensed something was wrong. Its partner's cries became filled with pain, filling the second dragon with white-hot fury. It streaked towards the blue world, longing to discover its partner’s fate. Even now it flies, its drive for truth reaching the eldest cub, who grew into a leader driven by order and justice. Still, the day must come when the second dragon arrives. What happens then remains to be seen.

Word count: 499, WEW.

#11 Jul 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  12. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Day 1

Finally, we have found Kyurem. I have sent some men to scout the area for a good location to set up a lab. Hopefully they will call in for the final location. N is unaware of what we are doing. I will have to tell him eventually, but I worry that his empathetic nature towards pokémon might distract him. I am keeping him uninformed until it is absolutely necessary. These are exciting times ahead.

Day 7

The location for the lab is established and the construction has begun. I am trying to keep the officials in the dark, but the Pokémon League is especially bothersome. They have sent their inspectors to the lab. We showed them the plans, and they will be back at the end of the month to check our progress. N is now aware of the lab, but not of its true purpose. He is spending a lot of time over there watching the work get done. He might need to be reassigned soon.

Day 28

The lab is finished. The time for us to capture Kyurem is soon, and we will see what makes him tick. I have no choice but to assign N to that project. He is our best trainer and with his help the success of this project is almost guaranteed.

Day 30

N has been acting strangely since I assigned him to work on Kyurem. I was worried he might say something to the inspectors when they came by today, so I had him stay in the labs all afternoon. Perhaps that was a mistake. I am going to the lab later tonight to see about Kyurem.

_-_-_-_-_-_

Before I even entered the labs I could tell that something was wrong. It was so cold I could see my breath. When I tried to open the door, it was frozen shut. I had to pull hard to make it budge. I made my way down the stairs, and what I saw angered me.

The lab was ruined and covered in ice. N stood in the center of the room. Standing just feet away from N, cold, furious, and out of its containment unit, was Kyurem.

“What have you done?” I shouted.

“I’m fixing things,” N’s expression was as cold as ice “You shouldn’t try to control what you couldn’t understand, Ghetsis,”

“Do you have any idea how much work you have undone?” I seethed. Kyurem would have to be caught again, and, of course, N would have to be punished. His insolence couldn’t be tolerated.

“Of course,” N said. “I regret that I couldn’t undo more,” Kyurem roared. Its cry shattered ice and shook the room

Kyurem charged forward. It ran right past me towards the exit. I scowled and went after it, but N stopped me.

“What are you doing?” I said. “You’ve seen Kyurem’s power, and you’ve just let it loose on the world. It will destroy everything.”

“So be it,” N said. “We’ve brought this on ourselves.”

13. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,556.5
    Here is the submission written by KnightBlader and I. For some additional context, it's meant to be a pseudo-prelude to Team Courage's RP.
    The drill suddenly lurched forward, and the Pokémon pushing it stumbled to catch themselves from falling. In a moment of panic, the miner monitoring the machine shut it down. Rocks cascaded down around it, and a gust of cold, stale air greeted the mining team. They shared confused looks due to both why the drill had stopped and what it had encountered.

The miners carefully entered the cavern they accidentally opened. These weren’t unusual for Twist Mountain – it had many, both natural and man- or Pokémon-made. This one, however, was several hundred feet underground and was massive by comparison.

Most troubling of all: every surface – the walls, the ceiling, even the floor – was covered in a layer of pristine, pale blue ice. The miner’s headlamps reflected off the ice, creating a display that was as dazzling as it was otherworldly. The air was cold enough that they could see their breath, and it mixed with the warm air from the tunnel to create a layer of mist near the floor. The miner’s footsteps, cracking the ice beneath them, echoed through the chamber.

As the miners explored the cavern, an uneasy feeling settled upon them. The miner’s Pokémon – a burly Machamp and a grizzled Conkeldurr – felt it too. Something within was watching them. They weren’t supposed to be here, they were intruding on this place. The air grew colder, and the mist began to move, as if pulled by an unseen force.

“We should report this to the foreman,” one of the miners muttered, his arms wrapped around himself in a vain attempt to keep warm.

“On it,” the leader of the drilling team said. He switched on his radio, but all he heard from it was static. He grumbled and tried to find a better position. He only took a few steps before he stopped in his tracks.

A menacing growl filled the cavern, strong enough to send vibrations through the ground and cracking the ice beneath the miner’s feet. The mist coalesced into a swirling sphere around a massive, dark shape. A pair of gleaming yellow eyes cut through the mist, and through them, the miners could feel a single, intense emotion: anger. Seething, barely restrained anger.

Foe an uncertain moment, everything seemed to grow still.

Then, chaos.

The mist froze into icy needles, revealing a grey and pale blue draconic creature. With an earth-shaking roar and a gust of frigid wind, it launched the needles forward like a thousand tiny arrows. The Machamp and Conkeldurr rushed forward to retaliate, only to be frozen solid from blasts of icy energy.

The miners scrambled for the entrance they made, but they, too, were frozen by the beast one by one. The lead miner made it past the drill, but another burst of cold air threw it aside, allowing the frozen behemoth to emerge. He had one last thought before a frigid white light blinded him:

We’ve woken up a monster.

[490 words]

#13 Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    Jeydis, Laserdragon14 and SAF like this.
  14. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,262.1
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    @Tala Is Eternal and my writing entry!
    Hidden amongst ancient cobwebs, relics from her parents’ childhood and more, the old journal could barely be seen. Only when cleaning up the other day had she discovered it at all.

At first it failed to catch her attention, dull and faded as its cover was. But when she sat down later, she took notice, and soon enough interest, picking it up to read.

Entry 1: Turns out that Team Plasma I joined wasn’t as noble as I thought. Split up the other day from a legendary attack. That green haired kid wants to reform us and fix what we did, though. No harm in going along.

Entry 4: The weather is...wrong. Snowstorms and ice in the middle of summer. Towns have practically been buried, avalanches roll down on the daily - and that’s not all. I need to talk to the green haired kid again. Maybe he knows something.

She decided to take a break, flipping on the TV and switching to the news. The sunniest regions of Unova… getting snowstorms? And heatwaves in the snowy mountains? She quickly turned off the tv and ran back to the journal, flipping back to where she’d left off. A certain detail caught her eye as she went through - a legendary attack…?

Entry 15: It took a while to find him, but the boy turned out to know a lot more than expected. Turns out some old members of ours who left the reform have decided to… summon some Legendary Pokémon. Kyurem. An ice type who must be the cause of this freak weather. He’s planning on getting our new team to go up and see what’s wrong.

Entry 17: We’re going up there to the root of the problem. N, the kid, says he’s had experience with talking with Legendary Pokémon. He says he might try talking to Kyurem up there. The climb is tomorrow. Let’s see how this goes.

Entry 18: The climb wasn’t easy, but we made it anyway. Kyurem had been waiting for us at the peak. I noticed former members standing there alongside it. It hurt, but I didn’t see a peaceful way out.
    As we charged in to clash, N and I made a run for the Legendary. N tried to speak to Kyurem, but the Pokémon didn’t listen - only lost in its rage and its terror.
    The crowd below us brawling like there was no tomorrow and the furious Legendary threatening to make that premise true… I think it all got to my head. I still don’t exactly remember what happened. But the next thing I knew, N had caught the ball that fell from the sky, the glow of Kyurem disappearing into the light as I reeled back from the throwing position. Kyurem was caught and N had disappeared. Police arrested the remaining Plasma members. To anyone who reads this journal, please do not let this happen again.

Journal in hand, she turned towards the freak weather. Only one way out now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.