1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Comet's Questionary Castle

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Captain Comet, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I love Ghost-types so that would be my specialty without a doubt. I would either call my badge the Ether Badge or Spirit Badge (that isn't already taken right?). And I know you didn't ask this, but my gym would be themed around emotions and creativity.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    OzoneFruit likes this.
  2. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Whoops meant to do this and the previous one at the same time but hit the wrong button.

Anyway, I don't really know the constellations all that well. The first thing I thought of was Ursa Major. My sign is an Aries so there's that. Also Cancer and Cetus are up there because crabs and whales are cool.

3. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    OooOooOoOo spooky! XD

What sort of Pokémon would you use in your initial Trainer Challenges? In rematches?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    I just remembered a thread here waaaaay back about designing a gym. If you want to go hunt for that and my response to it, go ahead. My team will likely be different for multiple reasons. Mainly because Gen VIII was nowhere close to existing yet.

Anywho, Litwick is one of, if not my favorite Pokémon, so I would definitely use something from that line. Lampent if I'm more in the middle of the Gym Challenge, or Chandelure if I'm 8th.

I'll take an Alolan Marowak too. Nice physical attacker to round up the mainly special-oriented type. And yes I'm aware that leaves me with two Ghost-Fire types.

Aegislash next because it's fun. Though like Chandelure, I'd probably use a Doublade instead depending on where I am in the lineup.

Runerigus for its Defense and Ground-typing.

Now onto rematches. I only gave four for the first match because Gym Leaders rarely have a full team when you first battle them.

Chandelure because duh. If I didn't have one before and just had a Lampent, I'd have a Chandelure now.

Aegislash. Same reasoning as Chandelure.

Alolan Marowak stays because I like it.

I'll replace Runerigus with Palossand. Higher Defense, HP, and better offense.

As for new editions, Mismagius because I like it.

And also Gengar as a sort of poison-based trapper. I know literally every Ghost-type Gym Leader had a Gengar, but I plan on using mine more strategically. Toxic, Hex, Mean Look, Substitute.

OzoneFruit likes this.
  5. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    From the official Ghost-type Gym Leaders/Captains/E4, who is your favorite and why?

6. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Still playing with counterparts, what be thy favourite Normal-type Gym Leader/Captain/Elite Four and why~?

7. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Acerola is adorable. I like Shauntal's design to.

I have a bit of a soft spot for Lenora because White was my first game. Plus I like her Southern schtick.

8. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I didn't look at what questions have already been asked, so forgive me if this is a repeated question.
    What's your favorite flower?

9. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Okay, I don't really know flowers all that well, but I do like them. It's funny because my mom is actually really into gardening. Basically, I'm just going to do a cop-out and say that if it smells nice and looks cute, I like it. Purple is also my favorite color so that helps.

10. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    What is your favorite purple food?

11. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Purple is a hot of a weird color for food. The only thing I can think off that's normally purple is eggplant, which I don't think I've ever had.

OzoneFruit likes this.
  12. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Any particular reason you chose Amy as your Kirlia's name in the RP? :D (For me, I named Royce "Royce" cuz well, he rolls. He's a Rolls Royce X'D)

13. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    I just wanted a name that I though fit a Kirlia. Amy was one of the first things that popped into my head.

OzoneFruit likes this.
  14. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    What's your favourite kind of cake?

15. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Oh yeah this exists

I really like fruity stuff so probably a lemon cake. Marble and just plain chocolate are good too.

16. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    What do you think would be the a bad direction to take the Pokémon games in terms of story?

17. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    And what would be yer reaction to such an implementation~?

18. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Okay stick with me in this. I think a bad direction to go would be to make them like Gen I was. Where there wasn't much story at all and the main focus was just battling and collecting. The Kanto games definitely have they're charm no doubt, but the games have just gotten so much bigger and grander over the years that going back to something that simple seems like it would be a major step back if it wasn't done flawlessly. I know this kind of seems like a bit if a cop-out, since my answer is basically just "the worst way to go with story is to not have one", but that's how I feel. Alternatively, getting super ridiculous with it is also a bad idea. Gens VI and especially VII get pretty wild at points, but I think they're still grounded enough to not be a problem. What I'm saying is take something like the freaking aliens in SM, but get rid of the whole Lusamine plot and have the Aether Foundation as a secret organization trying to combat and/or research them. Basically a Men in Black plot. That would be too ridiculous to work.

My reactions to both of these probably wouldn't be that extreme. Like I'd definitely complain, but I don't think it would turn me off completely unless it happens several times in a row.

ChocoChicken likes this.
  19. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Your favourite antagonist team on Pokémon? Favourite Zelda antagonist?

20. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    I have a real soft spot for OG Team Plasma since White was my first game, but Team Skull is just so much fun imo. Aqua's cool too.

Again, I have a soft spot for Zant since Twilight Princess was my first Zelda game. He's just so weird and creepy and I love it. I also love all the lore surrounding Calamity Ganon in BotW.