1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

[comic] But I don't want to catch them all!

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by SubZeroCharizard, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SubZeroCharizard

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    The following is the tale of a Pokémon Trainer that didn't want to do anything Pokémon-Related, but ended up being forced to do so. Now, he has to collect 8 Gym Badges with the help of his three human friends and his Pokémon Allies, and maybe grow up into a nicer person...

Should he survive, of course.

The following is the tale of a Pokémon Trainer that didn't want to do anything Pokémon-Related, but ended up being forced to do so. Now, he has to collect 8 Gym Badges with the help of his three human friends and his Pokémon Allies, and maybe grow up into a nicer person...

Should he survive, of course.

CHAPTER 1: Pilot
    [​IMG]

FluttershyAllTheWay likes this.
  2. Primal Moron

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Hahahaha!
    Love the idea, this is very funny, not badly drawn like a lot of other comics I see, and you seem to grasp all the humor in the series, which makes them really good.

As a note: You seem to grasp the general look a higher class backgroundless comic, but i see a few spots you might want to look at: i see a bunch of black spots on the white that don't seem to have correlation to the actual comic, if these are hand drawn works, you might want to consider drawing lightly until you finish, drawing over them heaver or inking them, and then scanning in a descent contrast with a relatively high brightness. if these are digital, as i currently presume, You may want to dab them with a white eraser a little.

Other than that, i'm impressed, consider this a followed topic, my friend!
    -PM

3. SubZeroCharizard

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Thank you. Yes, I notice those spots, but I have a thing called laziness, and from what I've seen of other people's opinions on other sites, not many people care that much. Consider them a signature of mine.

4. Primal Moron

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Regardless, you still did a fine job.

I may not know how old you are, but the more you draw, the more people point those mistakes out, the stronger the urge will be to fix them, that should improve the older you get and updating will seem less and less straining to get or do.
    Being 20 years old, doing art and animation for 10, I can tell you, there's a lot of people who strive for quality, but only those who pursue it can really get anywhere.
    If you don't want to fix those comics, that's OK, and I won't harp you about quality, merely make you think about how much better they could be from changing just the little things.
    You may not want to, but people notice the little things, after all... I did...
    I've heard about this subject enough from professionals to know they were right about it, it really can change your life.

If by any means you feel offended I apologize, but I've been where you are.
    So take it from me that one day you'll look back on a project and think, "One more time."

-PM

5. SubZeroCharizard

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Not a problem. Besides, that comic's a little old. Here are the other 9 chapters so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    <<<Pt. 2 Here!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. FluttershyAllTheWay

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    Great job! I genuinely laughed at points, something that comics usually fail to make me do. The drawing was solid indeed and there were a lot of panels. You clearly put in a lot of effort and as a result, deserve congratulations. Keep it up!

This is probably one of the most patronising things you'll ever read, but meh.

7. OmegaBlazeBoy441

OmegaBlazeBoy441 Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Great Comic really funny and true it really brings out the ironic parts of Pokémon :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Snivinerior

Snivinerior Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.1
    --"Are you a boy or a girl?" *awkward silence*

kills me everytime!!! XD Not bad, keep up the good work!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. SubZeroCharizard

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Eh, read worst.

:D

Yep, one of my favorite gags.

[​IMG]

And now you're caught up! :D

10. SubZeroCharizard

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    And now, the most recent comic!

[​IMG]

11. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Moving to Portfolio sub-forum. Interesting comics.

12. Slugkid

Slugkid Slacker Extraordinaire

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    They are pretty good. They remind me of the not-so-early internet, when people still did things like this. A critic would be that the trainer is not unwilling at all now, he actually even picks fights and such. It'd be fun if he was actually dragged against his will everywhere.

13. SubZeroCharizard

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Okay, thanks.

I guess he's just rolling with it...

[​IMG]

14. SubZeroCharizard

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
  15. SubZeroCharizard

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0