1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Comics!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BiohazardSr, Oct 23, 2015.

Tags:
?

Which is better; Marvel or DC

1. Marvel

75.0%
  2. DC

25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Which is better, Marvel Comics or Detective Comics? Do you still read comics?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Eh, to be perfectly honest, marvel and dc are on the same level for me. Whilst I cannot speak for DC,marvel has certainly seen better days, at least in terms of cohesive (and far more enthralling) story telling.

As for me, I probably read more comics from Panini, Titan, IDW and then mangas than I do with any of the comics from the big two these days.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT

Most of the conversations I have seen or witnessed about the two entities tend to devolve into this. Without going into which is better than the other, Marvel is technically 'winning' the publicity fight with their movie releases (this can be traced as far back as Captain America's film in 2011, though after The Avengers was released, the hold was firmly established), leaving DC...alive, though much less visible. (I've seen Captain America and Man of Steel, which came out around the same time, both of which I liked. I preferred the former, largely because of the writing and plot construction, and this is coming largely from a neutral standpoint.)

I tend to be a bystander in this sort of debacle. I am not really a comic book kind of person, much less a superhero kind of person (which may or may not explain why I like Batman). Both DC and Marvel have had really high points throughout my lifetime - as a child I saw much of the JLA Animated series, and now as an adult I see the Marvel Movie Universe taking the world by storm (pun not intended). Granted, as an adult I have vastly different tastes now, but I can respect things for what they are.

And that's really all I have to say.

4. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Hmmmmmm... trying to explain is is a little tough. I generally prefer DC because I like the characters better and I've had a bit more exposure to the DC Universe since childhood. I watched the crap out of popular DC TV shows like the Superman and Batman Animated Series, Static Shock, Batman Beyond, and Justice League, so I think I formed more of a connection with those characters than the Marvel characters. I also read this a ton, and I still do sometimes! Then once I started getting back into comics, I was more intrigued by the DC storylines than the Marvel ones.

Marvel has also been a big part of my life though- or at least one Marvel character has been. My favorite superhero isn't Superman, Batman, or any of the DC heroes; it's Spider-Man. The majority of the comics at my house? Spider-Man comics. Another book I loved (and also still do) to read over and over again? This one. Spider-Man's been my #1 superhero for a very long time. And I will add that I definitely prefer the Marvel Cinematic Universe better than most of the movies that DC's put to the big screen, though I am expecting DC to up their game in the coming years.

But I don't really read comic books, even online; I prefer to trawl through the Wiki pages and TV Tropes to learn all I need to know about the comic book universes.

5. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I prefer manga over comics, but I really like their artistic styles and inking. I do read some comics here and there, mainly Marvel comics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.