1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Compatibility and why is it still a problem (between X and Y)

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by sohrob101, Oct 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    So as many of you might or might not have heard, Pokémon ORAS will be PARTIALLY compatible with X and Y. It is said in this article: http://www.slashgear.com/pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-compatible-with-x-and-y-14350677/

Pokémon X and Y will not support the new Mega Evolutions, to the point where you can play with them, but can't use them in your own game. They don't plan to patch X and Y and this sort of makes me wondering. What is really stopping Gamefreaking from patching X and Y and including these mega Pokémon? Is it due to the fact they rather have people Buy and stick with ORAS instead? I feel a bit upset knowing I can't have Mega Swampert in X and Y yet I can have Mega Blaziken just fine in X and Y. So here is what I ask you. Do you know why Gamefreak isn't planning on making a patch for X and Y, when they are sort of capable of doing it? Also what are your thoughts on the fact you can't mega evolve Pokémon from ORAS onto X and Y? Some of you most likely will just say, "eh it's just an old game, people will get over it, not a big deal everyone will be on ORAS anyways". I get that but what about the people who don't get the game early, or the people who just can't buy ORAS as soon as possible? :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Well, Mega Blaziken was released for XY, the other two Hoenn megas were not. The same for the other megas confirmed so far; they've been released for a different game.
    I get that in the past they've made games compatible with each other, and I'm not sure why they're not doing it now, but I'm okay with it. As long as I can transfer my XY Pokémon to ORAS I'll be happy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PokeMaster1

PokeMaster1 Dragon Tamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽141.3
    The only thing I found really annoying with the compatibility is that the X/Y Patch will not be on X/Y, so any mega's in ORAS, well you can't bring to X/Y. Making you have to transfer, but then you won't be able to reset the game.

4. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    Now I understand M-Blaziken was released in X and Y, but lets also not forget that M- Lati@s were also in the games code (yet never released), meaning they either considered patching, or releasing them into X and Y. If mega Lati@s can't mega evolve in X and Y, then alright whatever, but If they can! Then there is no real excuse why other ORAS Pokémon can't mega evolve in X and Y.

5. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    I agree, why not just patch the OR/AS megas into X/Y as well. If Mega L@tios was found in the games code, why couldn't Game Freak make the code of the other OR/AS exclusive megas usable with a patch as well, especially if you can face other people who have these megas in OR/AS in X/Y...

6. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    I'm pretty disappointed about this as well. It's a bummer that they're not planning to patch X/Y - I really thought they'd do that this time around. This might also mean we won't be seeing move tutors, since the Pokémon wouldn't be able to naturally learn the moves in X/Y. Thoughts on that?

7. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    The patch for X&Y would be really big, given the insane amount of Mega Evolutions that were recently revealed. I'm not sure though; did they actually say that they aren't going to patch X&Y, or did they just not confirm the patch yet? Because it can always happen some time in the future.

8. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Its a shame but for me it isn't a big deal. I won't be playing X/Y for competitive battles and what not. I'm not sure if the process of patching the mega evolutions in is too hard or what the reason is but I don't know much about making video games so I guess we have to trust Game Freak.

9. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Only one not bothered about this? It kinda sucks, but oh well. As long as we can still trade between the games, it's time.

10. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I'm not really bothered by it either, If I've understood it correctly we can use the XY megas in ORAS, just not the other way around so is not such a big deal. Since we can use the XY stuff in ORAS is not such a bother, sure it would be nice to be able to use the new ORAS megas in XY but why even make them compatible like that when the competitive play will probably center more around ORAS once they're release.

That's just how I see it though.

11. Pendraflare

Pendraflare Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Yeah, this is pretty bothersome. I thought for sure that there would be a patch that would allow for the ORAS Megas to be used in XY, but I guess not everything works that way. I just wonder how it'll work when it comes to competitive...

12. broongus

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,635.0
    Game Freak could EASILY make a patch for X/Y that would allow the use of ORAS megas. They just don't want to. Either because they're lazy, or they think they'll be able to sell more games by making the new mega stones non-transferable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.