1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Computer VS Paper

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by GiratinaMissingNo, Apr 28, 2017.

1. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    How many of us still write on paper? I still do it occasionally, but only when I have an idea and my computer's at home. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each, and how much do those buffs or faults affect your writing? Which do you use more? Which do you prefer?
    Thanks everyone!
    #MissingNo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I would writie on paper if I knew how to english. but ido not get engolish. Seriously though, due to my reading disability, I never got a strong grasp on English so I need spell check and grammar check. I carry around a small computer so when I have some free time and a good idea, I can post to this forum, write a little.

Besides my hand writing is abysmal. I compared it to my hand writing in third grade and I couldn't tell a difference.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    GiratinaMissingNo likes this.
  3. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    Paper over a computer with the exception of spreadsheets simply it's faster for me to write than type aside from that anything I need written down can be stored in the same notebook whereas notepad files on the computer have to be named and sorted effectively enough that I know what file I'm looking for when I'm looking for something.

4. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I'm a digital artist (since it's easier to correct mistakes and whatnot), but I do some traditional art in my personal sketchbook too.

I should scan those doodles sometime. ...Once someone tells me how the scanner at my house works. :/

5. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I use my computer always (excluding that edgy "creepypasta" but that's gone now). I've become accustomed to the keys and that in turn lets me type fast.

The drawbacks? I lost almost all my progress on the next chapter of my fanfiction due to some kind of glitch. Technology sometimes sucks, eh?

6. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    I always use a computer to write fan fiction and mostly anything else. Mainly because my handwriting is horrible.

7. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I usually write stories in notebooks when at school, because phones are not allowed. But everywhere else I type on my phone often. ^_^ I'm not really used to typing on the computer, because sometimes I get too lazy to turn it on XD

8. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I would actually write on paper more often if my handwriting wasn't a nightmare. I mean, I'm the only one who can read it! *doctor handwriting*
    On the web, accidentally typing words like 'igve' instead of 'give' is the bane of my freaking existence.
    #MissingNo

9. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    I love Digital but it's hard to draw in just a tablet. So I do most of my drawings in my tablet and transferred it into digital. So I do prefer Digital.

You should like my post I know you want to~~

10. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I always use a computer when writing. I like having something that is easily editable, and where I don't have to carry around a notebook for all the time.

11. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I write faster on a computer, but I find writing on paper a lot more satisfying. I find it a lot easier to get started when I'm writing on paper, so sometimes when I get stuck, I start writing by hand and then finish on a computer.

12. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I'm a typist at work so I type exceptionally faster than I write. Plus my handwriting is pretty awful.
    So when I'm jotting down plot ideas and such I always do it on a computer or phone.

(Plus people go through my sketchbook often (which is where I'd jot down ideas if I wrote them) and I dont want to have to deal with explaining so the sketchbook is just for sketches.)

13. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    I always write on my computer unless I'm either A. In class or B. Hit with inspiration at school. The reason those are the only exceptions is because I pretty much always have my computer on me.

14. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I made this thread two months ago or so and still feel the same.. all of my art's done on the computer, as comfortable as it feels drawing on paper haha. It's nice to be able to undo mistakes you made and not need supplies.

But like some others said, I might doodle on paper when I'm not at home or something. Any 'serious' art that goes beyond a doodle will always be digital though.

15. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    I still use paper. Can never get used to taking notes on a device, so I use copybooks all the time. Have a drawer full up with notes in copybooks too, haha.

Had to do a project on information management that tackled issues like paper vs electronics for storage recently. Was fun, researching the debate.

16. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I prefer to write small things or draw on paper but if I am doing notes for class or writing a paper I much prefer to use my computer. It is also way more organized than I am so I can always find what I need in Google Drive.

17. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I'd rather write on the computer, but I do note things in my notebook. Mostly because I have a fast mind and I distort things rather quickly. But I like traditional art on paper more. I feel like I have more control then.

18. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    If I'm taking notes for things, I will use paper. The reason for such is that, while computers are always faster for me to write and record on, when I make notes on a computer they'll tend to get lost unless I have a dedicated folder for them - and when I need to study over those notes for whatever purpose, I need to be able to have them quickly on hand. There's a lot of stuff on a computer, so for studying it's more of a distraction. Therefore, important notes are better on paper in that regard.

For pretty much anything else I write using my computer - Notepad is preferred since the file size is small (and for BBcode editing, such as on here, I need something to be able to record everything), and it's very easy to tweak, modify, add to, or delete my notes if need be. So if the notes can afford to be in a more malleable form, I'll do so on a computer. Really, the only time I take notes on paper is if I'm taking a class and need to write down notes to follow the lecture.

...I type 100 words per minute and I'm going to use this power to the greatest effect.

19. 7Demented

7Demented Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽119.6
    For most things I tend to store them on word processors like Google Drive, especially if they're story or worldbuilding notes. Sometimes I jot out or doodle things on actual paper so I don't have to keep flipping between programs.

20. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Everyone I meet says I have chicken scratch handwriting but I find paper less efficient anyways cause it's a resource so I'd rather waste electronic power than paper to make stories or do work.