1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Concept Art

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by awney, Oct 15, 2018.

1. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Concept art is one of my favorite things to look at. Its so neat to see all the creativity and innovation that gets used for games and such.

Have you guys every done concept art? Do you plan on doing concept art?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I'm working on a fan-game and my job is concept art :) It's quite fun to test things out and stuff.
    quite a bit of my oc art are technically concept art, such as side view, facial expressions, ect!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,507.1
    I always enjoy concept art. Its especially neat to be able to see the concept art of things or designs that didn't make it into the final product and wonder what could have been (Elsa's early designs from Frozen being shining examples, particularly the coat made out of live minks).

4. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Or how about deleted concept art / scenes in the Lion King? There are so many neat ideas that get scrapped, it makes me realize that perhaps that is why sequels are a big deal.

5. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I Really Like To Sketch Concept Art. I Even Sketch One For Geronimo And For Some Weapon That I Designed. My Next And Current Concept Art Is For Cassini Spacecraft And Huygens Probe In Rodent Forme!

6. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Concept art is really cool! I love looking at what characters and other things looked like before their designs were finalised.

I do a lot of concept sketches, particularly of settings (buildings, etc) and my characters. Some of my characters end up going through a load of changes in their designs, so it takes quite a few sketches before I'm happy with how they look.