1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Music Concerts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Owly, Jun 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    Have you ever been to a concert? If so, who was playing? Did you enjoy it? Why did you choose to go?

I've been to a number of concerts, including three Punch Brothers ones (though two were when I was really young and just dragged along by my parents - I slept through one and caught fireflies through the other; the third was on their American Acoustic tour and I enjoyed it very much); one Regina Spektor (who was also very entertaining and spent a lot of time talking to the audience); one Head and the Heart (one of the best concerts I've ever been to, the whole audience was very engaged, everyone was singing along, it was fantastic); one Rain (a Beatles tribute band that did them justice); one from The Jayhawks (whom I'm not too familiar with, but was very impressed by); and a performance of Live from Here, which sort of counts.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Smarty_Pants001

Eevee
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽780.4
    I've never been to a "concert" in the more modern music sense; I play trumpet in my high school band, and we have concerts that way. As for attending a concert, my brother is in elementary band, so I listen to those. Him being in the fourth grade band, it's... not exactly the best, but that's coming from someone who's played an instrument for six years. Anyway, as I was saying, overall they're actually rather good for a group of people in the fourth grade.

3. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I've been to... one concert. I don't go to musical performances a lot ._.

But that one concert was Lindsey Stirling!!!!!! I loved every second of it!!!! :love::love::love::love::love:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I've been to plenty of concerts, though of a completely different genre. They were more of the classical music and singing sort of concerts. Sometimes I got a bit bored at them (I love classical music, but I need an image of sorts to go along with it). The only concerts I remember going to frequently and always enjoying, even though I was fairly young, was the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concerts. Those were a lot of fun to go and see.

5. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    The only one I remember going to that I enjoyed was Matthew West. Was working at Teen Challenge and we were asked to help with the setup and tear-down for the concert (being a non-profit organization, they need events like this to help pay the bills), so naturally we got to watch the concert as well.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  6. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I've never been to a concert, but it's definitely something I'd like to do someday!
    Sucks I have social anxiety though, and that no one would come with me if I did want to go to a concert (none of my friends have the same taste in music as me :/). Oh well.

7. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I don't recall any concerts vividly, but I have gone to a few in my childhood. I went to one a few months ago called "Identity LA" and will be going to a GOT7 concert this Friday (I got a free ticket!!).

8. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    The only thing really close to a concert I've been to has been musical performances at my college done by music majors. There was a thing that happened every year where some music group was invited to the school for some sort of festival. I tried to participate my freshman year, but it was just too crowded and smelled too much like beer. This drunk girl kept saying "hello" to me repeatedly and grabbing my shoulders to keep herself from falling over. So after that I never went again. XD

I didn't stay long enough to listen to whoever it was playing that year, there were just a few student music groups playing beforehand. Apparently it ended up being pretty bad though and people threw eggs onto the stage.

9. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    All the concerts I’ve been to I’ve been dragged by my parents. I would love to see a band I like play in concert one day though.

10. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I don't go to too many concerts since I'm sensitive to loud noises and I hate crowds, but I did go to see Daniel Johns and Luke Steele not too long ago and I really enjoyed myself. So, I suppose a little sensory overload is alright every now and again :P

11. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Update: I went to the GOT7 concert and I was supeeeeeeeeeeeer close to them. I was definitely fangirling. I wasn't even a big fan of them in the first place, but the atmosphere got me hyped. It was so fun!

12. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    2 actually
    1 Sonata Artica, my bf fav band
    and second Linkin Park, once I swore that I would go again as soon they came. and would stand up front, unfortunate I couldn't make and now it isn't even possible anymore
    but if they ever come to holland either Mike or anyone else, I am certain to go towards it

maybe ever to Within Temptation,

13. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    I've only ever been to one concert and that was Pokémon Symphonic Evolutions. I had a real blast at it though, the music was really good, and it was so fun seeing a lot of Pokémon fans in one place! I decided to go since there was one showing near my area, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity!

14. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,660.4
    SAME.

Okay, I can tell you that I have been to at least one, and that was Lindsey Stirling's Music Box Tour, when she came to the Landmarke Theater in Syracuse, New York on June 12th, 2015. It was so amazing and I want to go to another one of her shows when they are close enough for me to drive to (Basically, around Syracuse). I would like to make the distintion that this was before her former keyboardist, Jason "Gavi" Gaviati died, and I remember him saying "Syracuse" to Lindsey and she didn't really understand that the Syracuse Orange were the home team. Also her drummer Drew Steen accidentally had one of his sticks fly out into the crowd.

15. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I haven't ever really gone to any concerts, and I'm honestly fine with that. I find the loudness of it and the density of people in a small space too intimidating, and I'd rather just enjoy my favorite artists from home.

16. Enbuoh

SS Egg #1 Delta Plus
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    Oran Berry ★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    I have always gotten a super super close opportunity to go to concerts and never taken any.

That being said, this was when I was still listening to Chinese pop and kpop more frequently. Now that I am into a super-niche genre of jpop though, my only chances of going to concerts that I would definitely not regret are if I am somehow able to get tickets and go to Japan for it. That's just how strict getting tickets to these things are....

But back then, I remember every time a kpop group came to hold a concert very near me, or was in Hong Kong for a concert while I was in the city, and not being able to go because of the typical reasons ("parents said no"). It's different now that I have a lot more freedom and money, but I'm not into that genre anymore :")

17. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I went with my Mom to a Garth Brooks concert a few weeks ago and it was actually a lot of fun (still not a country fan though). My seat was right by the aisle, which led to me being bumped in the shoulder for the entire event. It got so loud at points that the ringing in my ears blocked out the noise. The best part was seeing the performers and the audience share the same enthusiasm. It truly was infectious.

18. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,343.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I have been to a few now and greatly enjoy them, especially if they have a really interesting visual display to go with it. My favorite by far has been the band Muse. I have seen them 3 times now and all 3 times were so different and so visually mesmerizing. The music is great but the stunning visuals are really where its at. The next best one I attended was Gorillaz which wins for most people on stage. Along with the main signer and core band there was a full 15 or so people as a choir and a bunch of guest stars singing their parts. The visuals were great as well as one would expect from a digital band like Gorillaz.

19. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I've never been to one. I don't hate them, but there are too many people for me and I feel uneasy. It doesn't help that tickets to concerts can extremely expensive. I will maybe go to a concert in the future, but for now, I don't have much interest.

20. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I've been to a chris tomlin concert when I was in highschool, and a Switchfoot concert when I was in college. Other than that, I've never been to any concerts.