1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Construct a type: planning post

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Pory-ZPlayz, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    we can make soundproof immune to sonic type attack and change boombrust to sonic type
    Or basically, every normal type sound-based move can be changed into sonic type

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. RegionRunner150

RegionRunner150 PKMN Breeder

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Not intentionally, the only fan-games I've ever played are Randomizer Rom-Hacks of Gen 3 games. My computer isn't fast enough to play those games without an unholy amount of lag.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    OK because the name you gave is from Pokémon insurgence

4. Canpake

nice
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽41.2
    If we're going for the Vocal Type, I have two ideas.
    I think it should be super effective against psychic types as well, because it would probably snap them out of the concentration it takes to unleash psychic type moves.

My other idea is what if we added something even more interesting... Like a new status condition!
    What I was thinking is that certain Vocal moves could cause a status effect that makes it difficult for the opposing Pokémon to hear their opponents move!
    "Ponyta, use Flame Wheel!"
    *Ponyta was unable to hear your order!*
    Something like that?

5. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I'm down for expanding the sound type if that's what gets voted, but my main concern is originality, because every Pokémon fan and their mother has talked about a Sound Type already at some point.

6. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    Just combine Vocal, Sonic and sound type to IDK a physic type?

7. Canpake

nice
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽41.2
    Maybe Beast type? I feel like this could work with maybe some evo's of Normal type Pokémon... Get really strong, like Dragon types.

What about a Gem type? Sort of like Rock, but these Pokémon are themed with Gemstones.

8. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    I think sonic/sound/vocal type is good enough

9. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    How about a Math type?

On a more serious note, I think some sort of Space/Stellar/Star/Galaxy/Alien type would be a good candidate. There are plenty of Pokémon and probably a few moves that could easily make the transition and a whole lot of possibilities for new Pokémon, moves and abilities. I think Galaxy would be the best name for it, mostly because it sounds cool.

ShireHime likes this.
  10. Canpake

nice
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽41.2
    Don't get me wrong, Vocal is a great idea. But if you look up 'Top Ten Fake Pokémon Types' That's the first fake type that comes up in everyone's mind. I just want to make sure that our type is different from whatever the other team comes up with, and I think @OzoneFruit is right... We should be focusing on originality.

I like the idea of a Space, Gem, or Light type. (But I think Light can also be docked points for originality)

Haunted Ditto likes this.
  11. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    I have the idea of a light type and I made it into a weaker version of fairy type
    to make a difference, I think the light type I mentioned should have other weakness

12. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Sorry for coming late!

I actually like the idea of the Synth type made by @OzoneFruit. The idea of having a Pokémon type that is a jack-of-all trades, master of none, but better than a master of one seems more original and gives the chance to make other Pokémon who have been stuck with the Normal type stand out more.

I also like the idea of @BZRich64; a typing related to space. Maybe we can call it the Cosmic type? Although the only thing I can think of is that it would be more like an extension of the Psychic type. Most of its moves can be status moves with some bits of space related attacks like Meteor Shot and Zodiac Meltdown thrown in for good measure. The move Gravity can be changed into the Cosmic type too. I can see that they are weak to the Electric type since electric charges tend to carry gravitational fields which can distort space somehow.

Arctiquaza likes this.
  13. Arctiquaza

Arctiquaza Never quite gone

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    I'm rooting for Synth type

14. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I don't know if this was mentioned before, but my idea is the...
    FRUIT TYPE
    Could have a weakness against:
    Flying (Birds luke to eat cherry)
    Bug (Love fruits)
    Fighting (Smash those fruits)
    And it could have an advantage against:
    Ground (Old fruits fall on the ground)
    Grass (A tree needs to invest energy to grow fruits)
    Fairy (Fairies can't resist sweet fruits)

Possible abilitis for Fruit type Pokémon:
    Sour (Moves like Bug Bite, Ice Fang, etc. don't have a secondary effect on the mon)
    Hard shell (Fighting types do neutral damage)

Pokémon with the Fruit type:
    Cherubi and evo (Pure Fruit type)
    Tropius (Fruit/Grass, because the Pokédex says that it grows tasty bananas on it's body)
    Bounsweet and evos (Pure Fruit type)
    Passimian (Fighting/Fruit)

15. FNT

FNT Collector

Storm The Fort
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.2
    Ultra Ball ★★
    I like the idea, but the double attack after being hit just sounds slightly broken to me depending on other stats such as speed defenses and hp

16. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,549.0
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I apologize for coming late. I was busy with some IRL issues, and I believe that i'm done with them (for now at least).

I agree with what Ozonefruit said. Originality is important. But I don't 100% agree with the Synth typing. The concept of a jack of all trades kind of type sounds like a good idea. But one of issues I can see, is that not many Pokémon can be made a Synth type. Yes, as you pointed out, there are a few, but will those really be enough? Another reason I don't personally agree with it, is because no matter how much I try, I cant seem to think up any ideas to back it up.

Also, the though of a sound/vocal/sonic (they're all the same, I'll just call it Sonic just to make things much more simple for myself), really intrigues me. It also seems like many people have brought many good ideas and points to this discussion. It many good things and bad things, so it's not like it's overpowered or anything like that. Another reason I agree with this kind of typing, is because Sound isn't something overly complicated, so it isn't dificult to think of future possibilities to add more unique and creative things.

17. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Alright, sorry for coming in late, but I'm here now.
    Anyway, I know that sound-based typing isn't the most original but it seems to be the best thing that we've come up with right now (Though I love the light type idea). My question is How effective will this type be against Pokémon with Sound-proof ability?

18. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Pokémon with the Soundproof ability will be immune to the type in general.

19. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Doesn't that sound a little op? I've always have found Pokémon with sound-proof (Especially early game) to be a little annoying, but I understand if we want to stick with that.

20. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I mean, fairies are immune to dragon, dark is immune to psychic and ghost is immune to normal and fighting.
    I don't think an ability that gives an immunity is going to be too OP. Besides, there aren't a whole lot of Pokémon that have the ability. And the ones that do have it aren't too high tier, the only notable one being Kommo-o.

Barandofl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.