1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Construct a type: planning post

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Pory-ZPlayz, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Water Absorb, Levitate, Volt Absorb, Sap Sipper, Flash Fire, Lightning Rod, Dry Skin. The metagame is still intact with these abilities.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I only just realized what we were talking about, for some reason I was seeing it as all attacks from a sound type would do nothing to a Pokémon with sound-proof, but now I understand it. I probably really need to go to bed. lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    FireSpartan5 likes this.
  3. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    All right, if anyone else would like to submit their ideas for new Types, I'll give you 48 more hours to submit your ideas! (That's 7: 30 PST, July 4) After that I'll compile all the suggestions into a poll and we can vote on what we want. The one with the most votes will be our final decision, and we'll work from there! B)

#83 Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    FireSpartan5 likes this.
  4. Canpake

nice
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽41.2
    I just feel like a Synth type would basically completely take over Steel type. I just can't for the life of me think of a Fakemon 'synth' type that couldn't be steel, or a real Pokémon that couldn't be a Synth type. I just feel that Synth is another word for Steel. Take Magearna. Wouldn't it make sense for her to be a Steel type? Wouldn't it also make sense for her to be a Synth type? I just think these two types conflict with eachother because they're interchangeable...

That's why I proposed my Gem type. I feel like this could be a really diverse type, as gems have their own diversity as well and can stand on their own up against rock types. Some gems could be brittle (high speed stat, low defense stat) or incredibly sturdy (a tankier Pokémon). One of my favorite rock type Pokémon, Gigalith, could really benefit from having a secondary typing! It makes sense for a Pokémon like Gigalith to be both Rock and Gem type. They share overlap, but don't completely overlap eachother like I believe Synth and Steel does.

5. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Moreover, we already have abilities that gives an immunity.

6. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I just can't shake the feeling that Gem Type would be Rock 2.0 Gems are basically just more organized, prettier rocks. Look at Carbink/Diancie. They're basically living chunks of diamond ore. Nihilego is a glass-based space jellyfish; glass is made from melted sand (very tiny rocks). I feel Gem and Rocks would share all the same strengths/weaknesses apart from maybe not being weak to Grass and Water, and I can't think of anything it would be supereffective against.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  7. Canpake

nice
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽41.2
    Everyone knows that Dragon type Pokémon used to be incredibly OP. Diverse move pool, incredibly strong attacks... The newly introduced fairy type seems to be replacing the often consider 'OP' typing. In my opinion, whatever typing that we come up with here should definitely be super effective against Fairy.
    If you really think about it, a lot of Pokémon types doesn't make sense. Why do we have a 'bug' type? We don't have a bird type. Or a mammal type. Aren't Ice and Water too closely related to have individual typing? Does that mean we should have Magma type, since we have Ice types? Poison types are equally confusing. Why does Poison, which is a status effect, has its own type? Where's my Burn type Pokémon? Isn't it strange that there's an entire subclass that is centered around a status effect?
    That's why I think Gems could work so well. You *could* call it Rock 2.0 because there is some overlap, but I still don't believe that these two types would completely overlap. I think Gem type is great because the Pokémon you DID list could all work as gem types. With the addition of a 'Fairy' type, many Pokémon were retyped like Mawile, Gardevoir, and Marill. If a gem type were introduced, Diancie and Nihilego could easily be retyped into this new typing.

From a creative standpoint, I feel like Gem typing could work so well. Tigers-eye quite literally being a Tiger Pokémon, or an aquamarine being some sort of water type... This could generate a lot of really good ideas for Pokémon! Some may argue 'an entire type that's just gemstones? That's ridiculous!' then i'd have to remind them that Pokémon has already based a lot of their creatures off of inanimate objects... A punching bag, a chandelier, literal garbage. I don't know. That's my two cents. I just feel like if we went a Light type or a Vocal type, we'd lose out on originality.

8. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    Yes originality will be lost if we chose light or vocal/sound/sonic type. But at least it is better than gem type. (Sorry for the hate but I generally dislike gem type)You can't even think of a good ability that can counter or benefit gem type.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  9. Canpake

nice
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽41.2
    Actually, yes I can think of plenty good abilities! I don't know why you'd limit yourself creatively like that, but I completed what I believe to be a good explanation as to why I think Gem types could be really cool. Please check it out below!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm really proud of the name Stalagmice haha! Just wanted to continue to expand on the idea of maybe how we could introduce our type, and what my concept for a new type would be... So yeah!

10. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    Gem type feels like it could have a lot of creative potential and there are a lot of Pokémon and probably even a few moves that could changed to be Gem-type.

That being said, I'm not sure that I really like the idea. It's always felt redundant to me to have both Rock and Ground type Pokémon and having another mineral-based class would just make that even worse.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  11. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    More Non-Steel type "Synth" Pokémon would exist than non-Rock type "Gem" Pokémon. Easily. In fact, Sableye and Mega-Steelix are literally the only ones that I can think of. Gems are just too close to rocks to make it a different type. I applaud your creativity, but no.

12. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I honestly think that something realistic and practical within the game is better than something “original and creative” that is flawed and could possibly not work.

FireSpartan5 likes this.
  13. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    We can be creative but not 100% original.
    Sure, gem type is creative but we can’t think of which Pokémon can have it
    But non-original typing ,on the other hand, already have a base concept. We can just add our own idea onto it.

14. Canpake

nice
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽41.2
    I mean, to each their own! I'd be happy to do another spread for an alternate typing.

@RWBY_Lover , to be honest your post kind of confuses me. What do you mean you can't think of which Pokémon to have it? And I just wanted to avoid having a non-original typing because it worries me that it could clash with the other team's. What do you mean we already have a base concept? What are you referring to?

15. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    I mean the non-original types already have a base concept. And the original typing is harder to think of a suitable Pokémon/moves can have that type. For example:Sound type. Almost everyone says we need a sound type. It already has a lot of people think or its weakness, effectiveness to other types,etc. And there are a lot of moves that can be sound type. Like: Boomburst. We can just add our own idea and make it better.
    This compare thinking of a completely new and original typing is much easier. To think of a new type, you have to think of its weakness,immunity, good against other type and much more.

I don't want to start a debt in this event. But, I just think it is just better if we just stick to the non-original ideas. it may just make us win(some how)

16. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    ATTENTION ALL TEAM AZURE MEMBERS

YOU NOW HAVE LESS THAN 15 HOURS TO SUBMIT FURTHER TYPING PROPOSALS (JULY 4, 7: 30 PST). AFTER THIS, WE SHALL VOTE FOR THE FINAL TYPE. VOTING WILL CONCLUDE ON FRIDAY JULY 6 11:59 PM PST, AFTER WHICH A NEW THREAD WILL BE MADE TO START PLANNING.

17. Canpake

nice
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽41.2
    @RWBY_Lover I understand where you're coming from, but did you like... Look at what I posted? I completely wrote type effectiveness, weaknesses, Pokémon that could fit in from the base games, new Pokémon, new abilities, abilities and movesets that could be carried over... etc. etc.

@OzoneFruit I'm diggin the new profile pic! Lmao

18. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
  19. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Hey everyone!

It was just brought to my attention that the above poll was missing some of the proposed types. Strawpoll, ya dun goofed, (Or I honestly could've also goofed). This was in no way intentional, so super duper apologies for that!

https://strawpoll.com/2k723x2y

A new poll with all the proposed types has bren made! Please vote again on this one if you already voted on the old one.

20. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,293.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I have a strong feeling that the other team will be looking into Sound as well since it is by far the most commonly thought of "Missing type". Don't get me wrong I totally agree with it and I honestly think they should have added it to the game back in Gen 3 with the Exploud line as the mascot.

Here is my pitch for the sake of variety in the poll.

Cosmic type (sounds better to me than space)
    Description: Pokémon has always had a bit of a love affair with space. The Clefairy line lore, Deoxys and the rocket launch pad, Team Galactic and Rocket's names, Solrock and Lunatone and of course all the allusions to Pokémon being from space or at the very least some evolutionary stones coming from there.

I feel like a Cosmic type would fit right in.

Strong against:
    [WIP, will review when I get home.]

Weak against:
    [WIP, though I would like to say Ice to give the poor typing something to do]

Existing Pokémon to be converted:
    - Clefairy line = Cosmic/Fairy (3rd typing change yay!)
    - Staryu line = Cosmic/Water
    - Deoxys = Cosmic
    - Solrock = Cosmic/Rock or Cosmic/Fire honestly
    - Lunatone = Cosmic/Rock
    - Jirachi = Cosmic/Psychic, Steel has always been an odd choice for Jirachi I feel.
    - Elgyem line = Cosmic or Cosmic/psychic considering they show their powers a lot more than some.
    - Kyurem = Cosmic/Ice or Cosmic/Dragon (he is from a meteor according to the lore of Lacunosa.
    - Minior = Cosmic/Rock
    - Cosmog = Cosmic, I like the evolutions were they are but they could be cosmic as well.
    - Necrozma = Cosmic

Maybe:
    - Dialga and Palkia, they are both not very dragon like and much more like cosmic entities to me.
    - Hoopa: I feel like it's powers are one step past Psychic.

Converted moves:
    - Comet Punch
    - Metronome
    - Morning Sun
    - Moonlight
    - Cosmic Power
    - Spacial Rend
    - Roar of Time (I know it is not space specifically but I find it suits it better than dragon)
    - Hyperspace Hole
    - Hyperspace Fury
    - Prismatic Laser

FireSpartan5 and Arctiquaza like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.